Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Will the McRib ever be permanently on the menu?

MojoGuyPan

They are remotely the same thing. Chicken nuggets or hot dogs aren't.

I suppose it depends on your criterion for comparison. To me they are the same because they are all processed meats made from scraps mixed with fillers and pressed into a shape: nuggets, patties, spam, hot dogs, McRib...all the same ballpark. I like the Jenny O "turkey roast" in the freezer section, but I wouldn't compare it to a Thanksgiving turkey.

I also wouldn't consider the McRib an alternative to BBQ ribs, I'd consider it an alternative to Chicken McNuggets or a Big Mac.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, no. BBQ is all about the smoke and the rub. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

All the talk about Wendy's new burger got me thinking. Fast food burgers generally suck, even the new Wendy's burger but The McRib has to be the crown jewel in the McDonalds menu. Do you think it'll ever be a permanent fixture at McDonalds?

Peace,

D

I've had one McRib in my life and didn't like it at all. I doubt it will ever be on the list permanently...it's one of those things that ignites a fire under some people for a while, and they then sell a lot of them (usually along with a drink which is really where they make their money). I don't think people would go crazy for them if they were there all the time.

Go make your own -

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Good meat needs no sauce.

Perhaps just a bit of merlot...

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/grilled-filet-mignon-vegetable-kebabs-xl-90171108.jpg

With that, I'd have a Argentinian Malbec, .

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

For those who really can't live without the McRib it's always available in Germany. You can move there :D

Here in the States it's only on the menu until Nov 14.

Read all about it here if you are bored and want to "bone up" :laugh: on McRib trivia.

And if your meat smokes when you rub it, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah its all in the slathering!

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

And if your meat smokes when you rub it, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah its all in the slathering!

You're still talking about BBQ here, right?

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I can't believe that people STILL eat any junk from MickeyD's. The worst food on the planet and the corporate brass are arrogant. The last time I ate a meal there was 1984, I tried their nuggets and wound up feeding them to a flock of birds.

I almost never eat from any national chain anymore - BK, Friendly's, applebees, etc are garbage and/or expensive. Arbys and Wendys are rare exceptions. I travel a lot and I seek out the mom-n-pop restaurants, not the chains,

I seek out the mom-n-pop restaurants, not the chains,
This.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Looks like there is a God and he's catholic because my prayers have been answered. The news broke just today that McRib is back until November 14th. The article mentioned that Germany is the only place on Earth to enjoy the McRib perennially. Of course that might just be a passive aggressive move in response to what went down in April of '45.

I am off to the double arches before rehearsal.

Looks like there is a God and he's catholic because my prayers have been answered. The news broke just today that McRib is back until November 14th. The article mentioned that Germany is the only place on Earth to enjoy the McRib perennially. Of course that might just be a passive aggressive move in response to what went down in April of '45.

I am off to the double arches before rehearsal.

All that excitement for a Mcdonalds meal? really??? :eek:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I didn't get a chance to eat a McRib yet but was still eagerly anticipating my first bite when I read what it is made out of:

"Ooof. What's the meat made of?

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together."

Click Here for the full article of Bad News.

I think that I have forever lost my innocence. My cravings for McRib have vanished forever now and I am sorry for championing its perennial availability.

Peace,

D.

What's the meat made of?

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together."

The perfect script for the "horror movies" thread.

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived