Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Will the McRib ever be permanently on the menu?

MojoGuyPan

What's the meat made of?

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together."

The perfect script for the "horror movies" thread.

:laugh:

+1 :thu:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Maher...

New Rule: McDonalds has to explain why it can only bring the McRib back for a limited time. Are they afraid of spoiling us? Is there a global shortage of pork scrapings and smoke flavored sauce? Or are they afraid if they put it back permanently, their customers will die off even quicker than they already are?

Well, there was an article in The Week about the McRib titled "What's the McRib Made of Anyway"

http://theweek.com/article/index/220866/whats-the-mcrib-made-of-anyway

What's the meat made of?

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach

Sure am glad I'm a vegetarian.

Gross. The fact that people eat this shit and think it's good goes a long way towards explaining why Brian Culbertson has a career.

Post of the week, hands down. :thu:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I guess the salient question about the Mc Rib is this : HOW was the source of the primal rib CAUGHT ? Was it raised in a domestic environment, shot in an open reserve, or STOLEN from a trap down at the WHARF ?
robert w nuckels

Whatever. They are good though.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie,but Id never know cause I wouldnt eat the filthy mother------!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I don't think anyone wants to see how their food is made/produced. Something like turkey seems harmless enough, right? You wouldn't think so if you'd ever seen a turkey slaughterhouse. No matter what you're eating, whether it's a McRib or a fine steak, the way it got from the animal to your table isn't pretty.

Anyway, I'm not particularly a fan of the McRib, but one man's "gross" is another man's "mmmmmmmmm" Eating insects may sound disgusting, but in some countries they're a delicacy. I know I'd rather eat a McRib than a cricket or whatever, but hey, that's just me.

Anyway, I'm not particularly a fan of the McRib, but one man's "gross" is another man's "mmmmmmmmm" Eating insects may sound disgusting, but in some countries they're a delicacy. I know I'd rather eat a McRib than a cricket or whatever, but hey, that's just me.

Not me. At least I know what's in a cricket.

McCricket...hmmmm... I believe guys like me who like McRibs don't LOVE them, or prefer them to real barbeque, but just find them a nice change from the normal fast foodisms.

It is kind of funny how we have these 3 camps:

A. Ummmm, good McRib

B. How can you EAT that POS? Errr...no, I've never tried one

C. Oh my, you cretan, you think that is real BBQ?

It is tasty. I have tried one. No, I don't prefer it to real, tasty, quality, expensive, bbq. It's just a convenient snack, that's all! :)

Do you think it'll ever be a permanent fixture at McDonalds?
No, but apparently, it's a permanent fixture on this forum. http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Not me. At least I know what's in a cricket.

And that would be?

I know a McRib is made of lips and assholes, but I don't what the hell is inside a cricket.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/vomit-3.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/vomit-1.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/fart-in-bed.gif

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv191/Beckybert/Smileys/vomit-smiley.gif

Stuff and things.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want to know why McDonalds doesn't sell the mcRib Permanently? I know the answer.

If you plot a time series of the commodity price of hogs and mark the graph with the times mcDonalds re-introduces the mcRib, you'll notice a trend.

McDonalds only sells the McRib when the price of pork is historically low.

The McRib is a essentially an arbitrage play.

Do you want to know why McDonalds doesn't sell the mcRib Permanently? I know the answer.

If you plot a time series of the commodity price of hogs and mark the graph with the times mcDonalds re-introduces the mcRib, you'll notice a trend.

Price of pork ain't historically low around here. I used to be able to regularly buy half loins for $1.50 or less per pound, now I can't lay a hand on them for under $2.50 on sale.

Thanks for doing the research, lthough now that the mysteries of what it is made of and when it appears on the menu have been revealed, it is no longer the great tasting fun slice of Americana that it once was.

Occupy the Arches,

D.

Late breaking development on the McRib front. Went to Fry's with my kid and while on the hunt for creamsicles, found this:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/05/75/04/0007057504058_500X500.jpg

The holy grail my friends. I almost picked up a box but just started my diet. The ingredients list didn't look as bad as the McRib article so maybe this is better for you but I have a feeling they are all coming off the same assembly line.

Finally homemade McRib sandwiches available all year round. You guys can thank me by chipping in for a Kronos. I just hipped you to the Game Changer in pork sandwiches, you can throw a little keyboard Game Changer my way. The 61 will be fine, I ain't greedy.

D.

Well, around here in Virginia, this, or possibly tomorrow, is the last day of the McRib for this season.

Will have to look for those OnCor Classics until next time!

Update: Just heard they are staying around until the end of the year! WhooHoo!

Well, there was an article in The Week about the McRib titled "What's the McRib Made of Anyway"

http://theweek.com/article/index/220866/whats-the-mcrib-made-of-anyway

What's the meat made of?

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach

Sure am glad I'm a vegetarian.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Learning about the fast-food industry, whether it's about how the animals are treated, what goes into the food, or the environmental/economical ramifications, is what pushed me to explore vegetarianism and dive into it. It really dismays me when people think that leaving meat will ruin their taste buds. Not saying that eating meat is bad on all counts, but ignorance is.

Archived