Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NFL Survival Pool 2011

Dave Bryce

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You signed Tavaris Jackson as your starting QB. You didn't take that as a hint that the Hawks were entering the Luck sweepstakes?

Meanwhile, I may be out first week in the survivor pool, but thanks to those b2b kick returns by SF, I'm going to be tied for the lead going into tonight's game with 7 (along with the Guvna)

There was a year where many people, maybe close to 1/2, picked against Miami and lost on an upset. Can't recall if that was the 1st week.

Yes, it was.

Week 1 is typically the worst week as far as carnage. We lost close to half the filed either last year or the year before during Week 1 as well, if memory serves.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I said (to myself) when this season started, "As long as I can do better through Sunday afternoon in week one of the pick 'em pool than dB and Geoff, I'll consider it a success!"

Whew, ...SUCCESS!!!

Hmm... I could have sworn that Baltimore won... decisively, in fact. ;)

For 11 out of the last 13 years, the Super Bowl loser from the previous season has lost the following season opener. The two exceptions were Seattle--which probably had deserved to win the Super Bowl and then went on to play a weak team in the season opener-- and New England--which went 18-0 before losing the Super Bowl the year before. Neither team was a typical Super Bowl loser.

There are no gimmes in the NFL, but Baltimore over Pittsburgh seemed a pretty safe bet, under the circumstances.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

We lost close to half the filed either last year or the year before during Week 1 as well, if memory serves.

Yup.

Especially in a year like this, with a shortened offseason/training camp, it's even harder to predict who's capable of what in the first couple of games.

Especially in a year like this, with a shortened offseason/training camp, it's even harder to predict who's capable of what in the first couple of games.

I went to Bills training camp a few times this summer. My station carries the preseason games. NO ONE in Western New York had them beating KC by 34.

Week 2

steadyb

NE won

PIT won

Geoff Grace

BAL won

GB won

Magpel

NE won

PIT won

TinderArts

NE won

GB won

antimatter

NE won

NYJ won

ProfD

WAS won

BAL lost - ELIMINATED

BlackandWhite

SD won

DET won

Mizu

NYJ won

NE

Forceman

DET won

PIT won

This post will be modified to reflect picks as they come in.

dB

Yo, boyz -

Let's keep the Pick 'em pool talk out of this thread, if you please - I think it gets confusing, especially to people in this pool who aren;t participating in the other one.

The Pick 'em pool has a comments thread built in - I suggest that any of us wanting to discuss that pool try to use that resource.

Thx! :wave:

dB

So like, all the losers pick again, and whoever gets their pick wrong goes on to next week? :confused:

Sick... I like it...

It could be particularly interesting early in the year when so many teams seem to be in a state of flux. There are teams dropping unexpectedly, others not rising that should have, and others that could have gone 0-16 like the Bungles who won in week 1. Could prove interesting.... ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived