Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you ever dream about gear you sold or traded in?

LarsHarner

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had a dream about a specific keyboard, but I have dreamed about a unique musical interface that lets me play what I'm thinking. Maybe I should watch what I eat before bedtime. :laugh:

I do have a re-occurring dream about a car I sold a long time ago... 1973 Capri. Looked just like this:

http://classicmotorsports.net/media/img/readerrides/Capri-MIS_.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Ugh.

I've owned a Juno 106 twice and a Juno 60 once. Every time I figure it's time to "move on" and sell it for some GAS-related item and I always end up regretting it. It's by no means a collector's synth (yet), but it has "that sound." It's that piece of gear I always want when I don't have one, but for some reason never seem to need when I actually have one. One day soon, I'll buy a 106 and just keep it in the closet for a rainy day.

Never had a dream about a specific keyboard, but I have dreamed about a unique musical interface that lets me play what I'm thinking. Maybe I should watch what I eat before bedtime. :laugh:

I do have a re-occurring dream about a car I sold a long time ago... 1973 Capri. Looked just like this:

http://classicmotorsports.net/media/img/readerrides/Capri-MIS_.jpg

Lovely! I did not know Capri's were also made for the US market... I usually associated them with Europe... my friend still has his 2.8 injection from 1984 or so. But the old 70s ones rocked!

Lovely! I did not know Capri's were also made for the US market... I usually associated them with Europe... my friend still has his 2.8 injection from 1984 or so. But the old 70s ones rocked!

Yeah, I still miss that car from time to time. The fact it keeps showing up in my dreams must mean something.

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I sometimes think I was an idiot to sell my Rhodes. I wouldn't be hauling it around but it'd be nice to have.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I sometimes think I was an idiot to sell my Rhodes. I wouldn't be hauling it around but it'd be nice to have.

IMO you did the right thing. Read the gear list in your sig - bet you sound as good as you would with that Rhodes - and your back (or roadies) don't even realise how much gratitude they should be showing.

Sold my Rhodes 54 - bye bye. A weight off my mind and my aging bodyframe. The bigger ones were worse.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

So really, I had this dream last night. Very crowded, small, strange room. I think it was on a baseball field with only a small ~3' x 4' window were the player could look out and the audience could look in. Chick Corea and Keith Jarrett were there and were scheduled to play. The instrument set up was my Clavinet D6. Chick tested it out gingerly playing a E major arpeggio. It sounded like a pianet, sort of. Chick said it would only work if he could play it through a 2000 watt HiWatt amp. So it was decided I needed to find a digital piano. I talked to Keith about it and suggested the Yamaha CP-5 as it has a great connection between the sound and the action. He was fine with it (he was a real sweetheart). Leaving the room I thought, why don't I use my new Kronos. It would be perfect. But my Kronos was a bit strange as it was housed in an upright piano case. Still, I started to create a Set List with pianos for Keith and some splits for Chick. Soon panic set in as I was searching through a bin of music books and couldn't find the Hall Leonard Play-along book/CD that I knew Keith needed. I awoke...

Busch.

I never dream about gear- the closest I come to it would be dreams about being completely unprepared for a gig and suddenly having to play.....!

Yrah, get that a lot - only I'm not actually sleeping.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Im'm about to... Or maybe I won't, I don't know... The fact is, my TX-5 is going away to a happy new owner today. Great instrument, my first clone, 6 years with me, but a man got to make some decisions... and make room (and cash) for that SK1 I see coming my way, you know?? :D

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Well, it's not a keyboard, but I sure wish I still had that Fender Twin.

Don't even ask. No seriously, don't. :mad:

--Dave

Which of course begs the question... ;)

Sigh.

Early 90s. Garage sale. Stupidly low price.

Ah, the agony!.....

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Darn! why did i do that didnt make no sense..

No change there then ! :D

needed money at that time .. but still have regrets

and vitange drum nachine .sounded better than

some new stuff.

ohh and the wurli a sold.....

I get new gear

I have a dream where I go into a pawn shop, and the back room is full of leslie speakers, all different models, some that don't actually exist. I want to buy one, but I never can make a decision.

IMO you did the right thing. Read the gear list in your sig - bet you sound as good as you would with that Rhodes - and your back (or roadies) don't even realise how much gratitude they should be showing.

Sold my Rhodes 54 - bye bye. A weight off my mind and my aging bodyframe. The bigger ones were worse.

that's certainly true, I have some nice Rhodes sounds in my rig, but it'd be nice to have my old Stage 73 set up at home to bang on when I wanted to.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

So really, I had this dream last night. Very crowded, small, strange room. I think it was on a baseball field with only a small ~3' x 4' window were the player could look out and the audience could look in. Chick Corea and Keith Jarrett were there and were scheduled to play. The instrument set up was my Clavinet D6. Chick tested it out gingerly playing a E major arpeggio. It sounded like a pianet, sort of. Chick said it would only work if he could play it through a 2000 watt HiWatt amp. So it was decided I needed to find a digital piano. I talked to Keith about it and suggested the Yamaha CP-5 as it has a great connection between the sound and the action. He was fine with it (he was a real sweetheart). Leaving the room I thought, why don't I use my new Kronos. It would be perfect. But my Kronos was a bit strange as it was housed in an upright piano case. Still, I started to create a Set List with pianos for Keith and some splits for Chick. Soon panic set in as I was searching through a bin of music books and couldn't find the Hall Leonard Play-along book/CD that I knew Keith needed. I awoke...

Busch.

This is amazing. :thu:

Archived