Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tom Oberheim making new keyboards

Dana.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long will it take to boot up?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I've got 8 bucks to buy one!! Think that will be enough?

All kidding aside, that's going to be one bad ass machine and as my next major keyboard purchase was going to be the SO4V, I'm thinking I might wait it out also!

Good stuff!

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

It's just a rumour so far, but at least we know he's thinking about it (I thought he had ruled it out).

The price tag might be scary ($5000+?), but if it's closer to the $2K ballpark, count me in.

I've been holding out on the SEM/etc. in hopes that a keyboard version might be forthcoming.

Remember some of the earlier posts from those with experience of the entire Oberheim line, saying the two-voice is the most flexible and that the four-voice starts to thin out the sound...

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Well, I was planning on spending $400 on a harmonium this summer, but now that you mention it, maybe I'll go gold mining instead.

Money-ain't-growin'-on-trees-ASIDE, this is awesome analog news! Any new Oberheim sounds beastly.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Archived