Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

To all of my friends on the forum...

S. Yeti Bigfoot, Esq.

OK.....it's not quite as surreal now and I have gotten my own head wrapped around it for the more part (I think)...

For the past couple of months I've been battling Leukemia. It was a completely unexpected diagnosis and came like a bolt out of the blue. I'm undergoing chemotherapy right now (miserable stuff, let me tell you), and it seems to be doing it's job. I've gone through 2 course now and I'm in the "recovery period" of the 2nd course now. The past 4 or 5 days have been pretty tough, but that will pass. I have at least one more course to go through...but I'm hanging in there. My last bone marrow biopsy looked good (before I started the second course), so that is encouraging, but they know they never get it all with one course of chemo, so they always do at least 2 "consolidation courses". I'm hoping for a remission after the 3rd course (2nd consolidation course).

I haven't mentioned it before because it was still new and I had to get my own head around it. Facing one's own mortality isn't always easy.

Well, thanks for letting me bend your ear a bit....

The big hairy one.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brother, i don't know ya, but i can feel your vibe, lost my wife to advanced lung cancer a little over 2 years ago after one hell of a fight.

the one thing i can say is YOU CAN DO THIS, STAND UP TO IT AND KICK IT'S ASS!!! i got faith in ya bro...i know it's scary as hell, but leukemia is way more treatable now than it was years ago, and i gotta feeling you'll get thru this. prepare to be tired, sick, and miserable, all your hair to get thin then kinky, and to start feeling better as time goes on.

half the battle is in your mind, my brother...and i can tell already your mind is strong, your heart is strong, and you'll kick it's motha f***in' ass.

rock on bro...if ya ever need an ear to bend, hollah back.

brightest blessings

jimi

Hey Jimi! I've been reading (and enjoying) your posts while I've been (mostly) lurking.....you write some good stuff...insightful and with a healthy dose of good old humor. I like that.

I'm sorry about your wife. I've lost 2 friends in the past 6 months to lung cancer. Both had small cell carcinoma that was not diagnosed until stage 4. They were too young.

I have no intention of letting this thing beat me. I don't know how to quit....and have no plans to learn.

Thanks for the moral support offer! I may take you up on it one day.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

We're all praying for ya Bigfoot!

Stay positive and you'll get through this... stronger than ever!

Thanks for sharing. Your brothers and sisters here on the forum really do care.

God Bless.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Having yet to face my own mortality, it's so easy to say hang in there and stay positive. But really... hang in there, and stay positive because that really is more than half the battle!

Sending positive vibes your way..., your brothers are here for you! :wave:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Thanks, guys! Support from my friends means more than you can imagine.

I was talking to Reif earlier and I told him that evey once in a while i catch myself trying to start feeling sorry for myself a little.....but then I take myself out behind the woodshed for a good talking-to and kick in the butt and I'm OK again. As long as my friends and family are there for support and strength, I can kick this thing's butt.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Sorry to here you are sick, brah. In any fight, attitude is everything, and it sounds like you are on the right track. Kick that cancer's butt, dude, I will be praying for you.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It`s a big speed bump.

Your can get through it Sas, you are the real meaning of `too big to fail`. Music needs to seriously get over that hair tossing thing anyway. We are the next wave dude :D

No kidding, we got your back 24/7, if you need to vent some plasma just sign on and let it rip. Wishing you all the best, keep us tuned in.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

It`s a big speed bump.

Your can get through it Sas, you are the real meaning of `too big to fail`. Music needs to seriously get over that hair tossing thing anyway. We are the next wave dude :D

No kidding, we got your back 24/7, if you need to vent some plasma just sign on and let it rip. Wishing you all the best, keep us tuned in.

Thanks, Skip......I may just choose to incovenience a few gazillion electrons from time to time for venting purposes.....I really do appreciate all the kind words and support.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I'm not a religious man, so I don't pray much. This sounds as good a time to learn as any. I don't know you personally, but at this point I can't deal with another loss(my neices' husband passed away today. Nice guy, and so soon after my brother), so fight this mother f---ker!

And I'll learn how to pray for ya, bro'.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I'm not a religious man, so I don't pray much. This sounds as good a time to learn as any. I don't know you personally, but at this point I can't deal with another loss(my neices' husband passed away today. Nice guy, and so soon after my brother), so fight this mother f---ker!

And I'll learn how to pray for ya, bro'.

Whitefang

That means an awful lot to me. Thank you!

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Thanks, Griff! Yeah, already lost the hair.....that doesn't bother me much. If people don't like nekkid Yetis they don't hafta look, do they? :)

It's awesome you can have a sense of humor about the situation! No doubt you're on the emotional roller coaster, but it sounds like you're taking the right steps and on the path to recovery. All the best to you, and absolutely feel free to vent--better to vent at us rather than those that can do things to you while you're sleeping! :)

You've got the best guitar

You've got the best amp

Now get the best pick!

http://www.tuskbuffer.net

TuskBuffer Mammoth Ivory Guitar Picks

anything i can do, bigman...anytime at all. no worries...think of it this way, too...hopefully it'll give ya more time to play your guitar!

;)

you'll come thru, and come back stronger. keep the faith, believe, and it'll find that resistance is truly futile, and you'll kick it's ass.

thanks for the condolences...be well brother...

~another overly hairy mofo

ps..pm sent

I may not know you, but I can pray for you. My DEEPEST prayers to you, bro. Remember, God never gives you more than you can handle. Stay strong and know you have friends who are praying for you.

Want a custom guitars for prices you can afford? Check out www.tsunamiguitars.com

Archived