Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A week in the life of a muso

kanker.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn, i was in south florida when the hurricane wilma hit us, almost 3 weeks without electricity, i saw my neighbors roof give away it scared the crap out of me, the city was completely destroyed. i had to stay in a line at a gas station for 8 hours to get 20$ worth of gas. Stay safe and keep us posted, Mike! those things are no joke!
"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Best wishes, Mike. I saw today that cyclone is "Katrina-sized." Ike in 2008 was the first one I really went thru and fortunately it was only a hassle for us afterwards with no power, etc. I hope it's not even that for you guys. Keep in touch.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

We are a prepared as we can be. I've been through a few cyclones, but nothing approaching this.

Mike, be safe down there. My thoughts are with you mayne. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Been a slow year so far for this boy. Only a couple of gigs in Jan and looks like more of the same for Feb. Fortunately the band is taking this slow down to do a bit of recording. 5 new tunes inluding a couple of covers. One of the originals has horn charts written by our own esteamed Dave E. We just tracked those today and ooo so sweet. I think we will have something radio worthy when all is said and done.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Trusting that Mike's OK ...

A typical week here involves piano students Mon-Friday, Anglican and Catholic masses Sat and Sunday, and a Wed choir rehearsal (Rutter's Requiem at the moment) ....

RCM exams were held here last Saturday, most of the music was familiar as I've been accompanying students for years. One piece was new: a Gordon Jacob recorder sonata. Very fast and very slow, schizophrenic but fun and the student was excellent.

Big Band gig this saturday afternoon, ....orchestra in a couple weeks, just 2 pieces there to cover on harp and piano, and one of them Canadian, in other words it's going to be a mess.

The KIWANIS MUSIC FESTIVAL starts Feb 22. ITGITC knows what that means for me - something like 200 minor "performances" in under 2 weeks.

These days I'm spending several hours a day on Dvorak's quintet op.81. The performance isn't until April but I'm a bit obsessed with it. I think it's partly the paper it's printed on. Those Barenreiter editions just feel good!!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Archived