Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

teaser from Nord...there will be something new

fjzingo

Ok, how about this for english. I found this on the Dave Smith website. This is just a part of it:

...But the elves here at DSI are laboring day and nightsometimes literallyto come up with new and interesting toys for girls and boys. (Regardless of whether they've been naughty or nice; who are we to judge?) And if you're wondering what we're working on, you won't have to wait very much longer to find out!

They are also talking about something new. Will it be new as in a Tetra keyboard - or new as in something completely new?

Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If ever there was a reason to play a new Nord keyboard, NOW is the time."

If ever there was a reason to avail yourself of a ridiculously beautiful woman offering herself sexually with no strings attached, with no repercussions, now is the time.

Yeah...so?

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

If there is (now or in the not so horribly distant future) a new Stage with the updated organ engine, features ported from the Nord Piano, and the sample library capabilities, I'm in. This time (former Stage 88 owner, here) the unweighted version to use as a "top" board.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

"If ever there was a reason to play a new Nord keyboard, NOW is the time."

If ever there was a reason to avail yourself of a ridiculously beautiful woman offering herself sexually with no strings attached, with no repercussions, now is the time.

Yeah...so?

Nice logical deconstruction!

Again, Nord has a history of producing a big fanfare for their impending new keyboards. No big fanfare=no new keyboard.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

If there is (now or in the not so horribly distant future) a new Stage with the updated organ engine, features ported from the Nord Piano, and the sample library capabilities, I'm in. This time (former Stage 88 owner, here) the unweighted version to use as a "top" board.

What Nord Piano features need to be added to a Stage?

I agree about the organ engine and sample library, those seem to be the universal requests.

And of course, the unweighted board has to go down to an E instead of an F!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Likely the made in China Micro Nord for those who find 61-keys and 10 kg too clumsy.

Units will be produced in Mao Red and will clash slightly with the Classic Nord Red.

"We decided class warfare would be good direction for 2011" blurbs Nord China. We wanted to catch that retro feel from the Cultural Revolution.

-----------

I do think they have a price point and export to 3rd world problem with the current lineup's pricing. Likely they stay boutique and it's the stage.

My guess is a "Stage 2".

I recall a conversation prior to parting ways with Nord in which it was mentioned that the entire Nord line-up was to have follow-up models in the coming years. The Electro 3 was already announced, we've seen the C2, and the Piano wasn't out yet (thus nothing could replace it), so that leaves the Stage, Lead 2X, and Wave.

I doubt they'll have another synth (though it would be very nice to see a "Lead 4" or Lead 3 re-issue), so my money's on a new Stage.

We'll see in a week, though ...

What Nord Piano features need to be added to a Stage?

I agree about the organ engine and sample library, those seem to be the universal requests.

And of course, the unweighted board has to go down to an E instead of an F!

Added memory, sympathetic resonance, and half-pedaling.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

The Stage does support string resonance. AFAIK, it's identical to the Nord Piano implementation. The Clav Medium button functions as the resonance on/off button.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

My guess is a "Stage 2".

I recall a conversation prior to parting ways with Nord in which it was mentioned that the entire Nord line-up was to have follow-up models in the coming years. The Electro 3 was already announced, we've seen the C2, and the Piano wasn't out yet (thus nothing could replace it), so that leaves the Stage, Lead 2X, and Wave.

I doubt they'll have another synth (though it would be very nice to see a "Lead 4" or Lead 3 re-issue), so my money's on a new Stage.

We'll see in a week, though ...

Now you got me all worked up. A Stage 2 would be killer!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

If there is (now or in the not so horribly distant future) a new Stage with the ... sample library capabilities, I'm in...

I would love to have the sample capability on the stage, but i'm not in it so much because of nords sample library. I want it for stuff like this:

[video:youtube]

and this:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8rL-foKd4

Hopfully, the stage will be able to filter the samples - but even if not, the ability to play sounds from massive, reaktor or whatever i want is a must have, and something i doubt other stage pianos or romplers are able to do.

Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

I would love to have the sample capability on the stage, but i'm not in it so much because of nords sample library. I want it for stuff like this:

+1!! That is exactly what would be interested as well, a fusion of the Wave and the NSEX, but imagine that front panel!! And the price ;-(! These vids are really inspiring - just don't love the Wave's keybed restrictions.

www.norduserforum.com

I was talking to Nord support, who made it clear: there will be a new keyboard at NAMM.

Psyched!

Well no one is more happy to be wrong about this than I am (if that makes sense). Usually, there will at least be a teaser out before NAMM, to entice more people to the booth, perhaps. But there is still some "before NAMM" time left.

Adding sample capacity to the Stage would address one of the deficiencies that I believes often drives people to buy other keyboards. It seems as though adding Wave-like sample manipulation ability would require significantly more front panel control, and it's hard to imagine how that could happen, as the current Stage panel is already a zero-sum gain. For instance, the shortcuts taken on the Electro 3 effects panel, compared to the Stage effects panel, or even the E2's effects panel, were a significant step backwards.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Adding sample capacity to the Stage would address one of the deficiencies that I believes often drives people to buy other keyboards. It seems as though adding Wave-like sample manipulation ability would require significantly more front panel control, and it's hard to imagine how that could happen, as the current Stage panel is already a zero-sum gain.

The Stage already has a subset of Wave-like synth functionality. If they simply allowed samples to be loaded into that section as an addition to the current set of waveforms, that would be useful enough for many people's purposes, and provide plenty of manipulation capabilities. And for people who need more, well, they can still buy a Wave, which presumably is still for the more die-hard synth folk.

Alternatively, they could add the samples to the piano section, just like they did on the E3. The "E Grand" category is replaced with "Sample Library" (with actual electric grands programs moved elsewhere); the Clav Eq buttons do double duty as sample modifiers. (The Stage does have one less free EQ button since one already doubles as a Mono button, but it also has a separate Dynamics button which might be able to take over the Vel Dyn function on the E3.) But it would be cooler if they added it to the synth section. I'd buy it either way.

I was talking to Nord support, who made it clear: there will be a new keyboard at NAMM.

Jeff, did they say whether that means a *NEW* keyboard, or an upgrade of an existing one?

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

The Stage does support string resonance. AFAIK, it's identical to the Nord Piano implementation. The Clav Medium button functions as the resonance on/off button.

Ah.....I stand corrected. Mine did not have that when I owned it - wonder if it was specific to the Nord Stage EX (I had the original Nord Stage 88), or if it was an OS upgrade that happened after I sold mine off.

Ah.....I stand corrected. Mine did not have that when I owned it - wonder if it was specific to the Nord Stage EX (I had the original Nord Stage 88), or if it was an OS upgrade that happened after I sold mine off.

The Stage EX supports string resonance; the older Stage models do not.

This is a complete no brainer. Nord is WAY overdue for the C1 engine and sampler into a weighted (Stage) keyboard. That is the obvious next step with really no add'l R&D on their end.

In fact, I've been waiting for this since I bought my C1 2 years ago. They've released the C2 and the EL3 since so what else could it be?! (I couldn't wait so spring for the EL3... so now what do I do?)

Maybe, just maybe some added synth/effect features and increased memory.

The dual manual C2 synth/organ top/with weighted board is a great idea but would be 50 lbs so let's leave that for 2015.

I would place my bet for a new stage too. It seems like the most logical choice in their line due for an update. It would be REALLY sweet if they put the C2 engine in it!

I just got a PC3X and I love it but I still want an electro 3 for the mellotron and chamberlain sounds, the organ (even though I do love KB3 mode the lighter keys of the electro are much more satisfying for organ,) and some other nord sounds. But if they released a new stage in a 61 or even 73 key version I'd consider it down the line. Those two would be a killer pair!

1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

Archived