Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KORG Trition LE

El Duderino

Hey everyone...

Got an embarassing question but an honest one.. what is a good/fair asking price for my Korg Triton LE in good -to great- condition? Needing to rid some equipment, but unsure what to ask? You learned feedback appreciated...

Thanks much..

I await your feedback, my liege(s)...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks much A.S. ...Lots of experience w/ ebay, but they seem to "underappreciate" anythign away from the complete mainstream, in my experience... for example: I am BLOWING out some audiophile speaks that aren't very mainstream, and CRAZY low-balling.... but ebay is always an option. thanks again; much appreciated!

Hope u have a great holiday season coming up!

Well, you can always check Music-Go-Round to see if any show up there - those prices are what music dealers are asking - probably higher than EBay. Might also check used listings on Guitar Center - nationwide they likely have at least one or two Tritons listed - FWIW, most of the time I wouldn't pay what they are asking used for equipment.

Average all them together, you might just come with a reasonable market value.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I've got a friend that is asking the exact same question. He has a Triton LE he wants to sell. I think it's an 88.

My church has a 76 in the back room as a spare.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Try checking PrePal; they track the used gear market, and maintain a list of average prices on almost all brands.

They can be found HERE .

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

:facepalm:

There's this thing, it's known alternately as Svengling, or Googling.....

And I was supposed to know to google the OP's name to figure out D-Bon's reference? geez...I didn't catch when this forum turned into a Nintendo game!

Of course, now that I googled, I still don't get it, because I never saw the movie. Apparently a case of "I guess you had to be there..." -- hopefully this won't happen every time the guy posts!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

:facepalm:

There's this thing, it's known alternately as Svengling, or Googling.....

And I was supposed to know to google the OP's name to figure out D-Bon's reference? geez...I didn't catch when this forum turned into a Nintendo game!

If you didn't get it, you could've just sat back and not worried about it, instead of complaining when folks point out something that's a widespread cultural phenomenon in North America... just sayin'. :wave:

If you didn't get it, you could've just sat back and not worried about it, instead of complaining when folks point out something that's a widespread cultural phenomenon in North America... just sayin'. :wave:

I didn't complain when someone pointed out the reference. I complained when tonysounds said I should google and figure it out myself, especially when it was not at all clear what it was I should google. (At least you actually said to google the OP name.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Frankly, any specific intended meaning of the reference is too obtuse for me to decipher even if I was inclined to, which I'm not. But the Big Lebowski has relevance to just about everything! so it's all good . . .

For something like a Triton LE, which is a very standard piece of gear, not vintage, not hard to find, there should be a simple "blue book" formula for figuring out what the used price should be, based on initial street price, age of the model, age of the particular unit, condition, etc . . . Some brands (e.g., Nord) hold their value over time better than others (e.g., Alesis). Korg, Roland, and Yamaha are all probably middle of the pack in that regard, especially the workstations. As a very general rule of thumb, I try to get 70% of street price for keyboards that are still reasonably state of the art. Of course, I might not actually get it . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine on CG for around $325 and had some interest but found the people were pyschos and I didnt want to deal with them lol

I took it to GC (not to be confused with CG :) and when I purchased my P95 I was offerred $225 for my trade in which I took just to unload it.

Can I ask you why you are selling it out of curiousity? I found that after 8 years I wasn't using it and am in the process of turning over all my gear

Archived