Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Genesis to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

gryphon

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ain't that the truth. Got to play a gig there three weekends ago and got to wander around during the breaks. Saw John Lennon's upright, Ian Hunter's baby grand, Garth Hudson's Lowrey and Greg Allman's B3. Those were all the keyboards I saw. Compare this to what I believe had to have been every guitar Bruce Springsteen ever touched.

Oh -- is that an album of original songs, vs. one of his more oddball releases such as the game immersion one?

ABBA and Genesis is actually an interesting pairing on several fronts:

1. Biblical references

2. Phil Collins produced at least one ABBA solo album (Frida's?)

3. Story-telling approach to songwriting

ABBA had one of the greatest drummers of all time. He died last year (or maybe the year before). I think he and Phil Collins had gotten to know each other before ABBA broke up.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

ABBA and Genesis is actually an interesting pairing on several fronts:

1. Biblical references

2. Phil Collins produced at least one ABBA solo album (Frida's?)

3. Story-telling approach to songwriting

Don't forget their near rabid appetites for surstromming.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Maybe Peter is more focused on the present rather than the past.

Maybe, but if the band you fronted is going to be celebrated at whatever event, you should be there. Once in a while do something for your longtime fans?

It's not like he has to commit to a tour, just one evening.

I have "Scratch My Back" on pre-order. Should be here next week. Looking forward to it.

I had my finger on the button to buy tickets for this mini tour (Montreal the only stop in Canada). Then I figured maybe I'd better have a listen to what it is he's actually touring. So I had a listen to "Heroes", and all I could think was "he's got to be kidding"

I've since heard snippets of some of the other songs, and they sound interesting, but Gabriel croaking over orchestral arrangements is not my idea of a pleasant concert experience, especially @$125 a pop.

I will pick up the CD though, being the rabid fan.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

It's the Rock 'N Roll hall of fame. It's not that big of a deal, imo.

I thought "Heroes" was weird the first time I listened to it, too. But usually the best music is the stuff that you don't like the first few times you listen. The more I listened to it, the more I liked it.

Archived