Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Diego ain't making the playoffs this year. The usual seasonal miracle finish was derailed by the Raiders and the surprisingly consistent Chiefs. It'll be a lesser playoffs without them, but Norv can't expect his Wayne Fontes act to work every year.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

San Diego ain't making the playoffs this year. The usual seasonal miracle finish was derailed by the Raiders and the surprisingly consistent Chiefs. It'll be a lesser playoffs without them, but Norv can't expect his Wayne Fontes act to work every year.

I'm sure there'll be quite a bit of interest in Charger D-coordinator Ron Rivera after this season. While the D did not look like a #1 defense against the Raiders, what Rivera has accomplished without any real defensive superstars (except perhaps Shaun Phillips) has been amazing.

If Rivera gets any serious job offers (and he probably will), the Chargers should think hard about keeping him in house and promoting him. If they don't fire Norv outright, promote Rivera to assistant head coach or something with a nice pay raise, so that Rivera can step right in if/when they pull the plug on Norv.

Hmm....no flag on that play.

I thought that the actual hit that caused the injury didn't look anywhere near as bad as the damage it caused when i saw it on replay. At full speed, it must have been very difficult to see.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Hmm....no flag on that play.

I thought that the actual hit that caused the injury didn't look anywhere near as bad as the damage it caused when i saw it on replay. At full speed, it must have been very difficult to see.

dB

from a really, really, big powerful dude. I also thought when it happened live it was unnoticeable. Not like the blow to Miller. That looked like Miller had his head disconnected.

Back to Ben though; throw in the fact he's playing with a broken foot(or whatever it is), and now he's going to have surgery on the nose, AND still play next week...this guy is one tough SOB.

The Steelers were miffed that the ref's weren't calling any personal fouls against the Ravens. I have a suspicion they were betting Baltimore. Only their bookie knows for sure.

Ben has a broken bone in his foot, and now a broken nose to match it. If he thought picking up women was tough before........

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Broncos fire McDaniels

[not shocking--|-------------------------------shocking]

What they get for hiring the youngest OC in history two years after he was promoted to that position, particularly when he was OC'ing a team that had the most devastating array of talent on offense this side of the '99 Vikes.

Broncos fire McDaniels

What they get for hiring the youngest OC in history two years after he was promoted to that position, particularly when he was OC'ing a team that had the most devastating array of talent on offense this side of the '99 Vikes.

Yeah, the Broncos went from the frying pan into the fire this year.

In hindsight, their 6-0 start last year looks more like the result of firing Mike Shanahan than of hiring McDaniels--particularly after having watched the result of the Cowboys' and Vikings' HC firings.

I'm not sure I agree with the timing of firing McDaniels though. There's no hope of wining the division at this point, and any boost they get now can only hurt them in next year's draft.

At least they'll get to reboot (again). I hope it works this time.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

If he thought picking up women was tough before........
:deadhorse:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The NYT trashed the Pats and wrote a "Homers only" article on the Jets today which is rare for them. The Times usually delights in the futility of NY sports teams not named Yankees.

The Day the Patriots Empire Began to Crumble

Members only link?

Anyway, the foundation looks pretty solid right now.... ;)

Broncos fire McDaniels

And an OC, it should be noted, blamed widely in Boston and environs for the Super Bowl loss.

The NYT trashed the Pats and wrote a "Homers only" article on the Jets today which is rare for them. The Times usually delights in the futility of NY sports teams not named Yankees.

The Day the Patriots Empire Began to Crumble

Got love that type of "journalism," complete with the grumpiest pic of Belichick they could find. Although, to be fair, you don't have to look hard to find a pic of BB with a scowl.

BTW, according to an interview I heard this week, things had fallen apart badly between McDaniels and his staff. The coaching staff leaked the spygate thing and apparently Josh had been calling out his coaches in front of Bolan, etc. Ugly.

OK, now (4 and change to go) it's pretty stupid to have Brady still in the game....

Yeah, but the Pats did lose to them this year, that's why he had to stick it out.

For all the folks that say Brady has a big head I just don't see it. Post game interview: "When you lose say little when you win say less" on to next game, end of interview. Now bad hair, folks have a point. :)

Hammond XK3, Rhodes 73 Mk1, Wurlitzer 140B, Kurzweil Pc2R,Kurzweil K2000, Wurlitzer 7300 combo organ

RIP Dandy Don Meredith. I wasn't around during his playing days but vividly remember hearing him on MNF.

I was surprised that Denver fired McDaniels before the season ended. It will be interesting to see where he lands. I think he still has a future as an OC.

NE definitely showed up to play tonight. They didn't give the Jets an inch. Put the smack down on them. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived