Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of sports wags are taking the Cowboys over the Giants at +13.5. If someone had told me that would even be a question before the start of the season, my head would have exploded. And sadly (not for me, but for 'Boys fans), I still can't convince myself that Kitna can keep them within two touchdowns.

The only way Dallas will improve is when the players are threatened to be cut and lose their jobs. Not to mention all the money they think they're worth.

They have a QB that throws interceptions, and the new coach isn't going to make any difference. They don't have any confidence and they are not a mature group of players.

Dallas sucks. And they earned it by how poorly they've played.

I'm lovin'it.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Yeah, I hear that. Peter King picked my Steelers to win the SB this year, which is the kiss of death. Peter King does not do any better than I do on my picks, and thats pretty sad. :(

The Steelers have been on top of several NFL rankings by sports writers. Maybe they're seeing something I'm not, but I don't believe the Steelers are all that good. Maybe compared to Buffalo and a few other teams, but they have lost to "good" teams and slipped by not so good teams. Ben has not shaken off the rust, there's injuries to key players, and a number of players are 33, 34, 35 years old. Palamalu says he's lost a step, and Aaron Smith is out for the season. I don't see the Steelers as a Championship team.

Now, NE has a lot of injuries too, look at the list on the USA Today. So neither team can cry injuries when they play Sunday night. They have to play who they have. NE has a good Offensive line, and are scoring a lot of points. Their Defense plays 5 rookies, and they have been losing games for them. I have a hard time believing the Steelers can outscore NE unless our Defense can stop them from scoring. I hope its a good game. I'm not betting on this one, the bookies are rich enough.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Wow - it's amazing to see the Cowboys making tackles again. I know, it's still early days though.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Can they deduct wins due to lousy picks? Or for picking Dallas not becasue I think they are good but because it's that time of year when the Giants pull the wings and legs off their fans and find new ways to torture them and grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

Are we on the Brett Favre countdown yet?

A fitting and ironic loss to Green Bay next week and Minnesota will be looking at 3-7 against GB's 7-3 (and possibly Chicago's 7-3). 4 games back with 6 to go and losing all their tie breakers to Chicago and Green Bay.

In two weeks the Vikes could be mathematically eliminated. A loss next week is bad enough to pull out the Rube Goldberg scenario machine.

What to do with Favre then? Start him and pull him early as a nicety so he doesn't face permanent injury? Release him? Bench him?

A couple of sports wags are taking the Cowboys over the Giants at +13.5.

I'm glad I'm one of them.

I've adopted a policy in Pick'em - I never give 2 TD's, and I rarely give 2 scores in general.

That said, this is officially the final week of me picking the Vikings based on rooting interest. I knew damned well they hadn't won a game on the road since last season, I should have known Brett would fall to the occasion this time...

Can they deduct wins due to lousy picks? Or for picking Dallas not becasue I think they are good but because it's that time of year when the Giants pull the wings and legs off their fans and find new ways to torture them and grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

Honestly, I took them because there were just too many reasons.

1) Rarely does even a mediocre team get blown out in consecutive weeks in this league - there is a matter of pride...

2) Particularly, these guys had Jones in their ear the whole week screaming about how they brought shame upon the star and how if they wanted to keep their jobs they'd better straighten up.

3) Rarely does a team get blown out the game after their coach is fired in any sport - in fact, they usually win (trend continues here).

It was a no-brainer, particularly when they were getting two TD's.

Bring back Wade Phillips!
Sure, you can have him replace Coughlin.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

How 'bout them Cowboys!

What's that saying, something like even a blind bird finds a worm once in a while? Good win for the Cowboys, if the Eagles tcb like they should tomorrow, it's a 1st place tie and a showdown at Philly next week.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Mike, I gotta say, the Pats are doing an admirable job here, considering the amount of help the Steelers are getting from the zebras. There has been so much holding going on by the Pittsburgh O-line that hasn't been called it's downright criminal, and still the Pats are hanging on to this lead, and were really stifling Ben & Co until that pass interference call which was questionable because he was going for the ball anyway....

I didn't go to a sports bar to watch the Patriots vs the Steelers. I'm glad I didn't bother. Not only the Steelers aren't all that good, they stink. At one time I thought that Hoody out coaching Choker was because Choker was not a good coach. But the domination of NE over Pittsburgh continues with Tomlin at the helm. BB is a smarter and better coach and doesn't rebuild, he reloads.There's hardly any players on the field playing for NE whose names I ever heard before.

I'm listening to the latest debacle on the radio and I can hear the Steelers fas booing. Reed missed a "sure thing" FG attempt.:cry: Instead of booing, Steelers fans should have brought their rope and horses. :taz:

Mike T.

Scot:

The Steelers don't have a good team. They are playing subs on their offensive line and that line wasn't all that good anyway. There's injuries on defense too and the subs they are playing are going to wear down as the season goes on. NE has a number of injuries too, but Hoody manages to field a competitive team.

The Steelers have been intimidated in several games they played this year. Pittsburgh knows they aren't any good or they wouldn't be intimidated.

If you've read any of my previous posts, I knew I smelled a rat and that rat died in Pittsburgh. :sick:

Mike T.

That doesn't change the fact that they're going to be angry and focused next week...

The subs they were playing on the left side of the line performed admirably tonight - you can't hang the lack of protection on them. Mike Wright just totally owned Pouncey in the middle on passing downs, as did Wilfork on rushing downs. The rookie got served, and it blew up most of their offensive game plan.

BB is a smarter and better coach and doesn't rebuild, he reloads.

I've been saying that for the last few seasons every time somebody inevitably assumes "this season" will be a rebuilding season for the Pats. Belichick is always in a constant state of rebuilding. He always seems to find that nice combination of veterans and hungry young players.

Scot:

You know me long enough to realize that I can take a loss by the Steelers, but getting embarrassed is another matter. NE has owned the Steelers. Brady carved up what was suppose to be one of the best Defenses in the NFL. :bor: I've been watching as many games as I could (although I missed all the night games because of my work situation) and I was unimpressed with the Steelers. I didn't buy the hype of how good the Steelers were suppose to be. Who did they beat? They lose the games to the contenders and they barely escape with wins against teams that aren't suppose to be all that good. The Steelers should have been ready for this game, they weren't. Even the more experienced players were dominated by the Patriots. No excuses, the Steelers are pretenders.

Edit: I'm listening the Steelers Sports Channel and these guys are homers if there ever was any. Tunch Hillcan said that Brady carved up the Steelers Defense at Hines Field like The Cowboys did when they did in the season opener in 94. Tunch said that Brady looked like he was playing pitch and catch in his back yard. It was more than easy for him, it was better than team practice without pads.

Mike T.

Patsies host Indy next week in an important game for the bye slot. With wins over Pitt, Balt, San Diego, and possibly Indy NE would be in VG shape.

What hasn't gotten the press it deserves is the rebuilding of nation's oldest backfield in mid-season. For all purposes Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, and Randy Mosss are gone. The heir apparent, Boney Maroney, was traded.

With the exception of Maroney all those guys were 33-35. Today Branch at 31 is the old man, Welker is 29 and everyone else is 26 and under.

Morris has 11 attempts this year, Taylor's been out 6 weeks and was an unimpressive 3.9 on carries, and Faulk had 8 carries in the first 2 games and sat the last 7 on injury. Moss and Maroney were traded.

On defense the Patsies replaced second year sieve at CB Darius Butler after the Jets game with rookie CB Arrington and brought in another rookie CB McCourty. In general it's working out OK.

BB has one of the lowest payrolls in football. At times the Patsies are more impressive off the field than on the field.

Right now, defense is definitely the biggest liability for the Pats, and it's where their youth becomes most evident. Somewhat ironic since Belichick is generally known as a defensive guru. Every so often (tonight for example) they show that they can step up and get the job done on defense, but overall there are a lot of those inexperienced mistakes and general inconsistency. The Pats rank #1 in points scored per game, so the offense is doing just fine, but they're near the bottom in points allowed per game. So far, it seems to have worked out, but that doesn't bode well for a potential playoff run. You can't coast on sloppy defense.

Archived