Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manning is either setting up for a second half of the season run to be an MVP or he's going to be looking at some ugly wild card and tie breaker scenarios with division losses to Jacksonville and Houston already on the books. This is shaping up to be an 11-5 wild card year with the Jets, Patriots, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore with 2 losses each at the half way mark.

NE looking past Cleveland toward Pittsburgh, apparently. Wow, what a mess this is.

Mangini and Cleveland beating Belichick? It's the only reason Mangini coaches and Cleveland plays football.

Somehow Cleveland feels rewarded beating up on a coach who brought them into the playoffs (1994) before they were moved to Baltimore by the hated Art Modell.

Then again Belichick's last game with the Browns was memorable for other reasons:

>> Rows of empty seats were torn from the stadium and thrown on the field. Stalls and sinks in the restrooms were torn from the walls. Several fans set fires in the stands, especially in the "Dawg Pound" section, and assaulted security officials and police officers who tried to quell the growing fires. The Browns won their final home game. Belichick resigned early in February 1996 to take a position with the Patriots.<<

Keep in mind that the Patriots are playing 5 rookies on Defense. What do you think is going to happen when these guys are in their 2nd and 3rd year? They can only improve. I didn't see the game and I may be shooting blanks here, but New England always finds a way to come out on top. They are always competitive. They will be fine.

I'm looking forward to the Steelers and Patriots mixing it up. I hope its a good game. Those are the kind of games that separates the contender from the pretenders. So far, the Steelers really haven't impressed it. Sometimes I think they win because their opponents are even worse than they are, not because they're all that good. :(

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

After my best week prognosticating against the spread, it appears only the Cowgirls' complete ineptitude will prevent me from turning in my worst.

That said, it's nice to be able to look at my therapist and go "No, I didn't enjoy GB slaughtering Dallas because of some irrational hate of the Cowgirl-er-boys, it's because I was so glad the Packers covered the spread!" :D :D :D

They're playing so badly it's a wonder they're doing anything right. I mean, I'm almost surprised they're making any tackles at all and the Packers aren't scoring every time they get the ball. :freak:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Nothing looks worse than a football that has quit. There's really no parallel in any other sport because football is so team-oriented and so physically intense. When a team has left the building like this, it is ugly and dangerous.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Jenkins just not bothering to tackle someone at the goal line?

the cowboys have quit on phillips. Shocking.

GO RAIDERS!

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Quietly, it looks like the Saints have regained their form a bit. It's amazing how many teams this year have seemed "in crisis" but are currently stable--Saints...damn, I thought they they were 3-5 going into yesterday's game, not 5-3! The Bears, who have played some of the worst games I've seen all year, are sitting at a solid 5-3 in the thick of the playoff race. The Chiefs must be the most unspectacular winning team in the league, but there they are, even after a loss.

San Diego, at 4-5, has the top offense in the league and the third best D. Until the collapse, the Cowboys were putting together a nice resume like that, outperforming everyone and losing game after game.

The Chargers have put the west on notice, I think. We'll see if the Vikings can start scaring some people, off their miracle yesterday.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

What happens when good teams play teams that lost their starting quarterbacks:

Giants 41, Seahawks 7: Manning throws 3 TDs as Giants maul Seahawks

Packers 45, Cowboys 7: Rodgers, Packers humiliate rudderless Cowboys

Best,

Geoff

Congrats to Geoff, Magpel, and antimatter.

Before the Chargers-Texans game, I was more worried about the TEs than the WRs, because both backup TEs - McMichael and Wilson - have made some boneheaded mistakes, such as fumbles and whiffed blocks on special teams leading to blocked punts and blocked FGs. They acquitted themselves vs admittedly the NFL's worst pass D. Rivers had another spectacular game with just these two, veteran journeyman Crayton, undrafted rookie Ajirotutu, and the backs to throw to. Arian Foster is a force - if he had 25+ carries against the Colts like he did against the Bolts, the Texans might have put up a better fight.

Hopefully the Chargers can get some guys back after a much-needed bye week. Vincent Jackson is scheduled to return in time for the Colts game. Hopefully he won't be too rusty.

San Diego, at 4-5, has the top offense in the league and the third best D.

The Chargers have put the west on notice, I think. We'll see if the Vikings can start scaring some people, off their miracle yesterday.

Next week is the last bye week and we can start eliminating teams or holding prayer vigils. San Diego needs to go 6-1 to finish with 10 wins and possibly be in the wild card hunt.

Dallas, Carolina and Buffalo can't get to 10 wins.

In 3 weeks it will Rube Goldberg scenario time as in "If KC's plane crashes with all on board will San Diego become the West Champion if Oakland loses it's last 4 games"?

Jerry had to fire Wade. But Wade took the bullet, for the dog-@ss veterans laying down. I heard Deion and I agree with him. If Garrett does not "Jon Gruden-up" his interim coach tenure, he will be gone too, and will look like crap to the next owner. Then maybe we will have the real Jon Gruden in here! Next Jerry should cut 90% of the dog-@ss veterans and finish the season out with the practice squad. In the meantime, Jerry has this magna-death star stadium that nobody will go to anymore. You can't give tickets away down here in Dallas. His worst nightmare, losing money and a laughingstock. Heck, I watched "Sherlock" on PBS last night and didn't even bother to watch those dogs. Poor Roy Williams - he probably wishes he's back in Detroit! Meantime I am a Colt McCoy/Cleveland fan - loved watching him win! Love following Vince Young in Tennessee - both Longhorns. Hook 'Em!
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Wade's gone to everyone's relief. Wade's a great guy, but I suspect that he's one of a long line of coordinators who just didn't have the "right stuff" for the top job.

So, what happens now? Will they shape up and start winning? Or do the Cowboys need to replace about half of their roster in order to see a difference? Did the team give up on Wade? Or had they already given up on Tony Romo? Big Mess in Big D!

Ironically, I think Bill Cowher would be the ideal coach for the Cowboys. With his passion and energy he'd be a striking contrast to the low key Phillips. Unfortunately, I think there's a Constitutional Amendment that prevents ex-Pittsburgh coaches from working in Dallas. ;-)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I hear Wade's a good guy*, but he has looked lost lately. Every shot of him on the sidelines he looked like he didn't know where he was, what was going on, what to do.

I saw a quote earlier today where he said, "I don't even know who we're playing next." I don't think he meant it as quite literally that, but a statement of how bad and deep things were day to day.

I hope Garrett shows some signs of life and maybe justifies the head coaching interest there was in him a few seasons ago.

*A friend's daughter just married one of Wade's sons or nephews or something, had a huge wedding in Austin, so she knows the family now.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

So, what happens now? Will they shape up and start winning? Or do the Cowboys need to replace about half of their roster in order to see a difference? Did the team give up on Wade? Or had they already given up on Tony Romo? Big Mess in Big D!

They are where they were at in the last days of Tom Landry and the last days of Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikmann.

Landry had to drive the team into the ground before they let him go, Tony Dorsett, Tex Schram, etc. 3 losing season in a row before Johnson was brought on and new ownership took over.

They held on to Emmitt Smith through 3 losing 5-11 seasons and Aikman would have been there if he could survive another hit.

The 2009 season (11-5) will get in their way. They need wholesale changes. A 1-7 team sports the highest payroll in the NFL. The real question is who will coach next year.

The big problem that Dallas has is the players that are under contract. How much has Dallas paid out in signing bonus for these quitters? How many can they cut that don't deserve to be in a Dallas uniform and then have $$$ to sign different players? This Dallas team has no discipline. These players have to know they are playing for their jobs the rest of the season.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Jenkins just not bothering to tackle someone at the goal line?

the cowboys have quit on phillips. Shocking.

GO RAIDERS!

I don't know that he "didn't bother to tackle" the guy - I think he was trying to strip the ball, which is the only reasonable thing to do at that point, try to make something positive happen.

Archived