Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett is determined to play even if they have to roll him out in a wheelchair. Boxers had the reputation of trying to stay too long. I hope that Brett Farve doesn't suffer the same fate as some of them that went out on a stretcher. I've heard what some local Green Bay Packer fans have to say about him and they are all hoping for that fate for ole Brett. :cop:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

So, do you think the Raiders can rack up another 59 points this week? I mean, I always knew that the Raiders were "offensive" (j/k) but that was incredible.

Congrats to Dave, Jeff, etc. for beating the stuffing out of the Broncos. Do you think they're missing Shanahan yet?

Boxers had the reputation of trying to stay too long. I hope that Brett Farve doesn't suffer the same fate.

Oops! Too late!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Wow, it seems the level of Favre hate has hit a new fever pitch this week--even Kitna gets more respect!

I'm not the Favre fan I once was, and I love Wisconsin; but it really put me off when the fans booed him there last week. It's disgusting to me that former fans want to see him get injured. I get why people are put off by him, but that kind of reaction is over the top and gives sports fans a bad name, IMO.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Weird week in pick 'em. No home dogs and only 4 spreads over 5 points led by Buffalo getting 7.5.

Coin flip time. Pitt @NO. Pitts playing well, better than I thought possible, but...

I took NO, just because they're getting Reggie back and I think that's going to open that offense back up.

However, Kitna's a weird guy. He might completely explode in this game, throw for 3TDs and 400 yards.

Or not.

I'll probably regret it, but I'm taking them.

Hey, I was right! I completely regret it! :D

But, you must admit, it's still pleasurable watching the Cowgirls get thrashed.

But, you must admit, it's still pleasurable watching the Cowgirls get thrashed.

Absolutely. I also picked Denver over SF, but losing a Pick 'Em game is much less a problem than having an AFC West team other than the Raiders get a victory. ;)

Geoff:

I agree. Wishing a player to get injured is pretty low. I overheard a conversation by some Green Bay fans last week and i was surprised at the venom they were spouting toward Brett. Totally out of hand.

I also think that Steelers James Harrison saying that he was out to hurt people was pretty lame too. Add a dose of stupidity to his running his mouth after the hits he made and there you go.... a $75,000 fine. Then he was going to retire. The only thing that is in retirement is his brain. Me thinks maybe it never worked anyway. :rolleyes: Moron.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Wow, I guess the Cowboys are deeply, spiritually defeated. In-season coaching changes in the NFL are radical, but we might just see on here.

OK, so the Giants sit back and watch the Skins and Boys lose. Not bad, not bad.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Crazy NFL. Did I hear right that 6 of last year's 8 division winners are currently in third place or worse in their divisions? Nutsy.

And what's up with Oakland?

This year is parity personified. Even the 6-1 Pats--who have beaten almost exclusively good teams (if you still consider Minn and SD dangerous and essentially good, as I do)--have been really unspectacular in getting to 6-1, taking gratis win from the Chargers, sneaking by a Baltimore team that outplayed them, etc.

In such parity, who would be surprised if it comes down to Brady v. Manning in the AFC? Best QBs prevail. Pittsburgh, I suppose, when Ben starts looking like he's rediscovered a clue.

NFC. Don't even get me started.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Crazy NFL. Did I hear right that 6 of last year's 8 division winners are currently in third place or worse in their divisions? Nutsy.

And what's up with Oakland?

This year is parity personified. Even the 6-1 Pats--who have beaten almost exclusively good teams (if you still consider Minn and SD dangerous and essentially good, as I do)--have been really unspectacular in getting to 6-1, taking gratis win from the Chargers, sneaking by a Baltimore team that outplayed them, etc.

In such parity, who would be surprised if it comes down to Brady v. Manning in the AFC? Best QBs prevail. Pittsburgh, I suppose, when Ben starts looking like he's rediscovered a clue.

NFC. Don't even get me started.

Ain't it grand? :thu:

I'm so glad we have at least one major league in which we don't have dominance by the same handful of teams year in and year out, ad infinitum.

Granted, it's the Rangers against the Giants in the World Series right now; but you know the Yankees will be back sometime soon.

And as you said about the NBA:

Yeah, I think it is wide open this year...meaning that any of four teams could win it all.

Best,

Geoff

Geoff:

I agree. Wishing a player to get injured is pretty low. I overheard a conversation by some Green Bay fans last week and i was surprised at the venom they were spouting toward Brett. Totally out of hand.

Thanks, Mike.

I also think that Steelers James Harrison saying that he was out to hurt people was pretty lame too.

I hear you. It's even worse if he's actively trying to hurt people instead of just wishing for it.

Best,

Geoff

I caught a bit of the GB-NYJ game. The Packers D really brought it, but Rex can't be happy with his offense after losing 9-0.

Didn't catch much of the Saints-Steelers game but on paper, the Saints win sounds quite impressive given they had so many missing corners.

The Chargers are far from done climbing out of their hole, but it was nice to see them pull themselves together just enough against the Titans, who came close to putting a rout on, with a 19-7 lead and a Griffin pick 6 that might have put the game away, but was called back. Despite having his WR corps reduced to veteran Patrick Crayton and rookies Ajirotutu and Goodman, Rivers still threw for 300+, much of it to Gates and the backs. The 160+ team rushing yds helped. Vince Young looked really good as a pocket passer and showed more arm strength than I've seen from him, with a nice 70+ yd bomb to Washington against busted coverage. Chris Johnson made one ridiculous Barry Sanders-like play (appeared to be bottled up on a right sweep, but reversed to the left and outran everybody to the end zone) but was otherwise mostly contained.

I'm so glad we have at least one major league in which we don't have dominance by the same handful of teams year in and year out, ad infinitum.

Granted, it's the Rangers against the Giants in the World Series right now; but you know the Yankees will be back sometime soon.

This perception is just wrong. MLB, which has no cap, has a much higher degree of parity than the NFL or the NBA. I'm not going to run the figures again this year (I did in last year's NFL thread) but over the last decade+, there have been more different winners of the championship in baseball than in either the NFL or the NBA, with MLB having no salary cap and fewer teams making the post season than either of the other leagues. The NBA is the worst of the 3 leagues, and the NFL is right behind. Sure, the Yankees are perennially good - like the Pats or the Colts, the Lakers or the Celts - but they haven't been able to approach a dynasty, while the Pats and Lakers have at least threatened with multiple championships.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

In Minny caput? Sadly, in this NFC, no.

Dallas, otoh, ist kaput.

Yeah, granted the Jaguars play in what is probably the AFC's best division, but they are not a team we would have thought of as the one to lay the wood to the Cowboys in their own house.

Denver appears to be toast too.

The Colts-Texans matchup tonight looks more intriguing than it looked at the beginning of the season. Will it really be payback time for Manning or will the Texans win in an AFL-style bombs away shootout? I understand some Colts WRs have injury issues, but it doesn't matter with a QB like Manning.

Archived