Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's for sure. Cutler has a concussion from one of the nine sacks in the first half. Collins is in now.

Can you believe that at the end of Week 4, the only undefeated team left in the league is... The Kansas City Chiefs?!? :freak:

Granted, they're undefeated at this point in part due to a bye, but still...

On the other hand, there are four teams that remain winless.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Good job, Giants.

Im hoping this is the start of something special with Perry Fewell; similar to how the team clicked after a rough start with Spagnuolo. If they can generate consistent pressure like that every week, oh my.

Bradshaw has to hold onto that ball. Thats two big fumbles in a row. We dont need that Tiki thing again. Glad to see the team give him the starting role over Jacobs though (who also appears to have ball handling issues).

So they need better play all around on special teams (Dodge especially) and consistency as well as mistake free play on offense. Things I believe theyre capable of.

Houston and Detroit at home, then at Dallas before the bye. 5-2 would be very nice.

Man, I don't know what was the greatest waste of my time...Watching the Eagles/Redskins game, or the Bears/Giants game? Some awfully ugly football goin down yesterday. *yikes*

Did you happen to see the end of the LSU/Tennessee game on Saturday? Probably the ugliest game ending ever!

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Man, I don't know what was the greatest waste of my time...Watching the Eagles/Redskins game, or the Bears/Giants game? Some awfully ugly football goin down yesterday. *yikes*

Did you happen to see the end of the LSU/Tennessee game on Saturday? Probably the ugliest game ending ever!

No, just the highlights, but yes, uglyness indeed! I did see the awesomeness that was the Oregon/Stanford game, with the Ducks coming back from being down 21-3 to win big!

BTW Magpel, congrats to your Giants for reaping the benefits of great play, unlike last week when my Titans somehow won a game in which your Giants totally outplayed them. Not to worry however, karma balanced the scales for my Titans yesterday.

TROLL . . . ish.

Now that was more like Pats football. Well, almost. I still didn't like the way the defense played, but Ninkovich bailed them out in a big way in the 2nd quarter - and how about Patrick Chung? Blocked punt, blocked FG, and a pick-6? I have to say, I'm liking the future of the Pats D, even if that future isn't here yet...

It was still pretty sweet to pick up a road win in Miami, where they traditionally haven't played particularly well, and to do it in blowout fashion like they did was especially tasty.

Bizarre second half! I mean, I wanted a good game, and while there was something flamboyant and fantastic about NE's second half scoring, it did derail what was looking to be an exciting game, from a neutral fan's perspective.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Tuesday Morning (Keyboard) Cornerback -- Week 4

I must have been on acid. Yeah, that's the ticket. It's the only excuse I can think of that had me pick the Dolphins over the Pats on MNF this week, even with a measly 1-point spread. I keep expecting the Pats to fade away, and they keep not doing it. Credit Belichick, credit Brady, credit whoever you want... they're still capable of dominating, and not many other teams in the league right now can put up 17 points in about three minutes. Sigh.

And yet, when I start grousing about the same old dominant teams year after year, I temper it by looking at the Colts this week, beaten down by the Bucs after what would seem to be a horrible call of a timeout by Indy's Caldwell. But the game didn't take place in that last 42 seconds; the Colts are not playing like a championship team this whole season so far, despite still having the best QB in the league. On a related note, is there anything more hated than bad time management skills by a coach? It's one of the only quantifiable things that can be hung on their shoulders alone, and when bad results happen, fans start screaming for the axe to fall.

But enough of all that. Let's look at our own skills in football prognostication from Week 4.

Pick 'Em Pool

The years of having our leading contestant getting 12, 13, 14 points in a week seem to be over. I can't exactly blame it on parity... we're just not making terrific picks (though a couple of upsets kind of kicked us all in our collective nads). This week's leader, for the second week in a row, is antimatter, a guy who is battling back from his own injuries but kicking ass in the Pick 'Em Pool as of late. Anti ended with 9 points, including a ballsy choice of San Francisco over ATL (won on points), and getting the BPOTW (Ballsy Pick of the Week). If Anti hadn't dropped the same acid I did (thereby selecting the 'Fins last night), he'd be the outright weekly leader, but co-leading with 9 points, Jay leapt to the front with his surprising choice of Denver over Tennessee. Nicely done.

Meanwhile, richwhite9 (8), Magpel (7), Mid Life Crisis (6), kanker (6), ProfD (6), dB (6), and griffinator (6) represented Team Mediocre in week 4. And on Team WTF, saku (5), jeffk_nfl2010 (5), and Geoff Grace (4) were the bottom of the barrel (not counting GovernorSilver, who unfortunately didn't make picks and got the resulting goose egg.

No real patterns emerging here, with the exception that every one of us lost on the two major upsets (CLE over CIN, and JAC over IND). Here's hoping for some more spectacular choices next time... for all of us!

Survival Pool

And then there were four.

The inexplicable Colts loss took out Antimatter, and Philadelphia's refusal to play defense against their former QB resulted in Griff being ousted. Shaka40, who had been doing well thus far, didn't submit a pick... the worst way to have your season end. You could always pull a steadyb and place your pick now for last week's game, but I think the comedy has already drained from that routine.

That leaves me, Magpel, Mark Zeger, and BlackandWhite. For most of us, the picks are getting slimmer (since we already chose most of the premiere teams in the first month), with the exception of BandW who still has plenty to choose from. I still predict he's going to take this year's Survival Pool as a result, though you never know until you play the games.

Until next time, may your turf be real and your cheerleaders' boobs fake.

You could always pull a steadyb and place your pick now for last week's game, but I think the comedy has already drained from that routine.

Wait...there was a point where that was actually funny? And I missed it? Awwww.... :eek::facepalm:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I can't believe they would trade Moss right now. Are they just throwing in the towel this year as a rebuilding year? the young defense might Gel. With the new tight ends and Welker and Moss the offense is a good as any.

Get rid of Randy and the offense is no longer top tier.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

It makes perfect sense from the Vikings point of view. Not only do they desperately need talent at the receiver position for their "future is now" season, but Favre is well-acquainted with Moss as a receiver, having faced him repeatedly for many years.

During his last year with Green Bay, Brett made a big push for the Packers to trade for Moss. Randy wound up in New England, and Brett wound up unhappy with Packers management.

I'm sure Minnesota is going to do everything in their power to trade for Moss.

So, Scott, as a fan of both teams in the trade talks, how do you feel about this?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I can't believe they would trade Moss right now. Are they just throwing in the towel this year as a rebuilding year? the young defense might Gel. With the new tight ends and Welker and Moss the offense is a good as any.

Get rid of Randy and the offense is no longer top tier.

41 points, 0 catches for Moss.

Get rid of Drew and the offense in no longer top tier.... ;)

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived