Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it's Pats country and what a surprise.

For one game anyway the Patsies rolled back the clock to 2004. The youth movement is paying big dividends on both Defense and Offense. Belichick's methodology (trading down for a second and third round pick) is showing some impressive results and there is depth. That whole Brady out of sync thing is no longer an issue. No cringe factor today. The young corners are playing well, the Defensive line is smacking bodies, just an all round good game.

OTOH I feel used. I bought into the Oakland turnaround thing. Yeesh Charlie Brown. When will you learn?

As far as the Titans go I haven't figured out if its a good thing if they beat Indy or bad.

D*mn, the Pats have given Cincy the business all day. So much for the Ocho/TO show. Maybe they'll be back next week.

Glad I didn't go with Indy in the Survival pool. They appear to be still playing in preseason form. That takes nothing away from the Texans who I figured would be a much improved team this year.

That safety was just enough for Miami to beat the spread in the Pick 'Em pool. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Ok, Mike Moore has taken up where Jack Delhomme left off...really terrible decisions about when and how to pass...Manning at least has the excuse that all his interceptions bounced out of the hands of guys with the same coloured jersey....

Mot a pretty sight, the Panthers-Giants game....shame, as the new stadium looks fine...

Misery loves company - perhaps I am not the only one with a disasterous first week at the pool....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Glad I didn't go with Indy in the Survival pool. They appear to be still playing in preseason form. That takes nothing away from the Texans who I figured would be a much improved team this year.

Indianapolis is opening its season the way 9 of the last 11 Super Bowl losers did -- with a loss.

Because of this, I was tempted to pick the Texans in the survival pool. But the Colts aren't typical Super Bowl losers, and they will fare better this season than most Super Bowl losers have in the seasons following their loss.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Ha haaaa.. Indy got that azz kicked! Just like in the superbowl!! So nice to see Peyton Manning at the bottom of the division for a change, even if it doesn't last long.

Go Titans! God Bless CJ2K!!

Go Packers, I could give a damn about th Eagles this year..

TROLL . . . ish.

Anyone thinking the Pats were running up the score by driving for that FG at the end of the first half?

Were you still thinking that when the Bengals came up with 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter? ;)

Best stat of the game:

The Bengals held the ball continuously for 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter - and the Pats outscored them 7-3 during that stretch. :idea:

Indianapolis is opening its season the way 9 of the last 11 Super Bowl losers did -- with a loss.

Because of this, I was tempted to pick the Texans in the survival pool. But the Colts aren't typical Super Bowl losers, and they will fare better this season than most Super Bowl losers have in the seasons following their loss.

Best,

Geoff

I think the Colts may have a bigger hangover than most. They sold their souls in Week 16 last year, and I'm not sure if they're going to get them back...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

by Jeff Klopmeyer:

Uh... how can you "run up the score" in the first half?

I agree. Running up the score in the second half is when you're up by 3 or 4 touchdowns and kick a field go with less than 3 minutes in the game.

I never have to worry about the Steelers running up the score. I only have to be concerned that they can score at all. :bor:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Methinks none of us will be having an outstanding week one in the pool. :idea:

I guess it depends on which pool you're speaking of. I'm about to be eliminated at the outset from the Survival Pool, at which point it looks like I'll be 9-2 and tied for first place with Governor Silver in the Pick'em pool.

I'm the only one who chose the Texans in the Pick'em. I should have picked them in the Survival Pool as well, but I went with San Francisco instead.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

it looks like I'll be 9-2 and tied for first place with Governor Silver in the Pick'em pool.

Make that 8-2. There have been three pushes so far for Week One. Someone is doing a good job at handicapping the games this week!

Best,

Geoff

*sigh*

I'm at 6-4, and Dallas -3.5 isn't looking good...

Well Profd, that's one hell of a defense you've got there! I don't think folks realize just how powerful an offense the Cowboys have. It takes an immense effort to stop that much talent. I've always liked Jim Haslett as a DC.*No pun intended* Congrats!
TROLL . . . ish.

Hail to the Redskins. Despite the ending, this win starts the season and my week off right. :thu::cool:

The ending was fine, just think of it this way.. Without that chokehold, the last play of the game would have been a sack. Either way, legit win!

TROLL . . . ish.

Congrats Prof D!

Its always a GREAT weekend anytime the Steelers manage to win and Dallas manages to lose! I don't know how many people were expecting Washington to beat Dallas, they made a lot of changes in the off season and that takes time to gel.

One of the radio announcers said at the conclusion of the Skins-Cowboys game "This is what happens when you have your reservations for the SB booked in September". Correct. The "any given Sunday" rule applied last night.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

In the Pick'em pool, where do you see the standings, ie, how other people did? Couldnt find the path...6-5, not a good beginning...though I would have done a lot better without the spread being taken into consideration....

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

In the Pick'em pool, where do you see the standings, ie, how other people did?

1. Go to the main page: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

2. Click the group name (Keyboad Corner) under your name.

3. Click "group picks".

You currently have six points, in a group range from 5 to 9.

In the Pick'em pool, where do you see the standings, ie, how other people did?

1. Go to the main page: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

2. Click the group name (Keyboad Corner) under your name.

3. Click "group picks".

You currently have six points, in a group range from 5 to 9.

cheers!

well, glad I am not dead last....

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

It looks like New England is ready to kick some ass. The new, younger players they have since they put the old guard out to pasture have got a lot of potential. BB knows what he's doing, and the front office knows what they are going to pay people. They handed the Bengals their laundry, which they immediately dirtied in the first half. No contest. The Patriots-Jets games should be interesting this season.

I was a bit surprised how Seattle stomped San Fran. I was ready to pick the 49er's this week in the Survival Pool. the 49er's have owned the Sea Hawks lately and I didn't think they would get their acts together this soon.

I'm really not all that surprised that Dallas failed to live up to the capability they have on paper. Romo? :bor: He usually finds a way to under-achieve. That last drive was pretty impressive, but they still can't seem to live up to expectations. I can't say I'm all that unhappy about that. :D

Cheers,

Mike T.

Archived