Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose it's possible Whisenhunt thinks Leinart needs a wakeup call and this is the only way to give it to him.

Best,

Geoff

Yup. We as regular fans don't really know what's going on between Leinart and the coaches. Maybe he's still struggling to grasp parts of the playbook. Maybe he's still having trouble reading things from the defense or keeping track of his protections. Maybe there's still a leadership issue.

I suppose it's possible Whisenhunt thinks Leinart needs a wakeup call and this is the only way to give it to him.

Best,

Geoff

Yup. We as regular fans don't really know what's going on between Leinart and the coaches. Maybe he's still struggling to grasp parts of the playbook. Maybe he's still having trouble reading things from the defense or keeping track of his protections. Maybe there's still a leadership issue.

Probably right.

TROLL . . . ish.

True dat.

Sounds like a great contest, Governor Silver. :cool:

CBS airs Dr. Phil as a pregame show?!? :freak:

Best,

Geoff

:laugh:

17 pts. surrendered in one half to the starting unit of the NFL's highest scoring offense. My team trailing by only 3. I'll take that for now.

I'll reevaluate when I watch the replay of the game, but it sounds like Rivera is willing to risk surrendering quick long TD passes to increase the number of guys going after the QB.

Ah well. The backups are in. I'd say the Charger starting D got a B+ after being tested by the prolific Saints starting O.

Broncos fan though I may be, I fully expect the Chargers to be playoff bound again this season. And not because the AFC West is relatively weak, either. San Diego is a formidable team!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Geoff, I think the Pack might be a bit too much for the Vikes this year in the NFC North race, if Rodgers can stay healthy (which I only mention because of his past injury history).

This game in the Big Easy should hopefully focus fellow Charger fans on the main concern of this team going into the season. It's not the ill-advised contract holdouts of VJ and McNeill. It's the defense. I still think the run D will be improved. But Cason as Cromartie's replacement is a concern. He lost his nickel job last year to a safety. Hopefully his confidence will recover from the schooling he got from the Saints' excellent WR corps.

Speaking of the Jets, ESPN is already getting on their case for their poor offensive showing vs. the Skins.

So... what's the plan for the pool(s), my NFL brothers? I'm itching for making my mediocre picks, and the season's creeping up on us!

Group Name is Keyboard corner

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 37369

Password: iwantab3

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I joined the pool (name: saku), hope that is alright. I have never done anything like this, so am looking forward to it! :)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Geoff, I think the Pack might be a bit too much for the Vikes this year in the NFC North race, if Rodgers can stay healthy (which I only mention because of his past injury history).

Injuries sure can be the monkey wrench in any team's season, can't they? The injuries in Minnesota have already put a question mark on the Vikings' plans, giving the Packers a leg up they wouldn't have otherwise had.

It sure was a bizarre experience last year watching Brett Favre and Ryan Longwell face off against their former team, and it'll only be stranger still this year now that Javon Walker has joined them. It may take a second for me to get my bearings when the Vikings offense is on the field -- Wait, which team is the Packers again? :freak:;)

Best,

Geoff

For those who didnt see Ivory's 76 yd pass-cum-run...stiff-arms, running over people, jump cuts, shiftiness, speed, sort of everything. Not bad for an undrafted rookie; http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a115cb/Saints-Ivory-scores-spectacular-76-yard-TD

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

For those who didnt see Ivory's 76 yd pass-cum-run...stiff-arms, running over people, jump cuts, shiftiness, speed, sort of everything. Not bad for an undrafted rookie; http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a115cb/Saints-Ivory-scores-spectacular-76-yard-TD

Being a Charger fan, I rewatched the video several times to see who was responsible for allowing Ivory to make that play. I don't blame backup LB Applewhite because Ivory made a good move around him. I do blame rookie safety Darrel Stuckey, who hit Ivory but forgot to wrap up. I'm sure he got an earful from Rivera about having these things called "arms" that need to be used to make a sure tackle. The next two guys that Ivory eluded were two backups I never heard of. Usually when a rookie is doing well with the coaches, his name gets mentioned in the San Diego media. So those two guys probably won't be on the final roster.

No question Ivory makes the Saints roster. Stuckey will make his team's roster as well. He was drafted, among other reasons, for his speed (he can be seen gaining rapidly on Ivory towards the end of the video) which the Chargers haven't had much safety position since the late Terrence Kiel.

And here I was thinking the Saints would be fat and lazy this season after there superbowl win. Last night they looked almost as dangerous as they were last year.

Colston had a sloppy game, but was effective none the less. The Chargers 1st teamers were really good looking too.

TROLL . . . ish.

I watched a good portion of the Dallas/Houston game tonight. They didn't have the audio on because they had the Pirate game on the large TV set in the Legion. From what I could see, Dallas couldn't run the ball and then tried to pass. I am not unhappy to say that Romo couldn't get the job done. Some of his passes were almost as bad as mine, and that's an insult. Houston put the putty to Dallas, big time.

Right now, the only good thing going on in Dallas football are the Cheerleaders.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching the Cowboys struggle, especially when the G-men were doing squat against the Ravens. Let's see, for the Giants, uhm, couple of good running plays, Tuck looks ready to roll, punter replacing the legend Feagles looks solid and Cruz looks like he'll make the team. Other than that, they have bumps to work out before the opener.

On the Favre front, I just can't seee him taking a pounding for too long. I can see him lasting a few weeks, but without stellar protection, they better keep Jackson ready to go. Toss in the receiver injuries and it looks pretty grim.

Giants are going to do well. I hope Cruz makes the team, he's exciting to watch. He's very athletic and strong too. He's not afraid to stiff arm a defender to gain more yards.

I've been wondering the same thing about Favre. He's going to be 41 years old. I know he's tough, but pain and injuries take a lot longer to heal as we age. That's one thing I can say from personal experience. :cry: I wonder if Vegas has a betting line for how long he'll last. I sure hope he doesn't get seriously hurt.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

If anybody cares, I've signed up for Pick 'Em. :rawk:

Thanks for setting us up again this year MLC. :thu:

If the Survivor Pool shows up, I'm down. Let the games begin.

Oh wait...they still have another week of preseason games left. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

So... what's the plan for the pool(s), my NFL brothers? I'm itching for making my mediocre picks, and the season's creeping up on us!

I'm in! :thu:

But, heh heh, the group's name is actually "Keyboad Corner". Did a pirate come steal your "arrrrgggh"? :D

I joined the pool (name: saku), hope that is alright. I have never done anything like this, so am looking forward to it! :)

Welcome! I think you'll find it makes the season a lot more fun. I've done pools like this one for close to 20 consecutive years. Good times. :thu:

I'm in! :thu:

But, heh heh, the group's name is actually "Keyboad Corner". Did a pirate come steal your "arrrrgggh"? :D

aye matey... its a Tampa thing you know...

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I just watched the Bears-Cards game. Cutler still throwing picks and he isn't confident in his O-line.

Leinart was OK but Anderson looks better. I wonder if Warner feels sorry for his former team. Guessnot considering there is a $12M check waiting for him in the front office. :laugh:

Oh well, I hope the commentators won't spend the whole Steelers-Broncos game talking about Big Bonehead. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Dixon needs more reps on the field. You can only learn so much watching. However, I agree that the Steelers need to put Byron in as the starter. Its his job to lose.

Mike T.

Dixon needs more reps on the field. You can only learn so much watching. However, I agree that the Steelers need to put Byron in as the starter. Its his job to lose.

IMO, like so many athletic QBs, unless Big Ben truly goes down and/or the team decides to go in a different direction, Dixon will spend his career as a back-up.

It's hard to believe Leftwich was once a starting QB. His erratic play definitely explains why he has become 2nd fiddle. :cool:

PD

I had the Broncos / Steelers game on in the background last night. I wasn't able to pay much attention, but one thing annoyed me a little. Half of Fox's scoreboard was onscreen and half was off. In other words, I could always see at a glance how many points Denver had scored but not Pittsburg. I heard the announcers say something about widescreen television and how great the games were going to look now that people with widescreen TVs would be able to see more of the field and more players. But it looked pretty bad on my traditional TV set, and I could see fewer of the players than ever before.

Of all the times for a network to try to pressure people into buying a new TV, I'd say this recession is a pretty bad choice. I'm not going to buy a widescreen television any time soon, that's for sure.

I'll tell you what, Fox Sports. You can make it up to me by using my football library music again. Then when the royalty check arrives, I'll buy a widescreen TV. How does that sound? ;)

Best,

Geoff

Archived