Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More roland products here

e-keys

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly very interesting - I wonder whether Roland had this in hand all along or whether it's a more recent response to the new Yamahas?

Now, if only they could do something similar on the EPs front...

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

The EPs are "supernatural" but this is the first the pianos have been labeled as such (meaning, the acoustic pianos).

I'm looking forward to hearing this.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Certainly very interesting - I wonder whether Roland had this in hand all along or whether it's a more recent response to the new Yamahas?

Now, if only they could do something similar on the EPs front...

I think they always plan to export their technology across product lines.

I suspect the V piano sales were not up to expectations, either.

My guess is that they had this new expansion in the can and that this

is around $450 US

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I think the slip-up was possibly putting SRX technology into a new top of the line machine when they were introducing ARX in the Fantom range. I know the GX therefore benefited in theory from the existing SRX card range, but in reality those cards nearly all show their age. I rarely use the ones installed on my GX.

Maybe they'll do an ARX version later.

The V-Piano "Evolution" seems to introduce a few new piano types: Vertical, V1 Impactance, Triple Large, and Metallic SB. Based on the audio demos, the only one that seems usable is the Vertical; the rest just seem ridiculous (Who needs a triple large piano? :crazy: ) and not at all realistic.

Not sure - the package does come with a USB key with an OS upgrade on it, so maybe that adds some functionality that would allow actual modelling, though presumably the options will be restricted compared with the V.

The V-Piano "Evolution" seems to introduce a few new piano types: Vertical, V1 Impactance, Triple Large, and Metallic SB. Based on the audio demos, the only one that seems usable is the Vertical; the rest just seem ridiculous (Who needs a triple large piano? :crazy: ) and not at all realistic.

URL to the demos, D-Bon? From what I read here, it looks like this is just a downloadable upgrade rather than an actual new model, which I at first assumed it was.

The A series controllers caught my eye. That is until I looked at the specs. ANOTHER USB controller that is targeted towards home DAW users.

For a brief moment, I thought they were bringing back a REAL controller (Ala A-80/A-90). *sigh*

There are still those of us with rack mounted modules that need to be controlled. Something with a nice piano feel, and maybe 8 splits/layers just isn't made anymore.

The A series controllers caught my eye. That is until I looked at the specs. ANOTHER USB controller that is targeted towards home DAW users.

For a brief moment, I thought they were bringing back a REAL controller (Ala A-80/A-90). *sigh*

Yeah, I dig how they call them PRO. "Even though they look like toys, and they in no way hold a candle to our old A series controllers, there really are pro. It says so right on the package so it must be true..."
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I don't either, and my mom is Japanese. I don't think she can read it either.

I haven't seen a site that has the equivalent in English, but this Roland Connect site has some info about their newly announced products.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I receive the new Roland product announcements. They don't spam me. just the occaisional new product blurb and link to ther new product page.

I am very interested in the SupNat'l expansion for the RD700GX.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

The V-Combo VR-700 initially caught my eye, but it seems the "ensemble" section can not be layered with the piano section (e.g., piano/strings not possible).

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

There are still those of us with rack mounted modules that need to be controlled. Something with a nice piano feel, and maybe 8

splits/layers just isn't made anymore.

I check these out on the website, yesterday afternoon, before heading to NAMM. I used to have an A-70 (another on the list of 'why on earth did I sell that ?'), and currently have an Edirol PCR-800 (very useful for small gigs, controlling VB-3 via MacBook or Receptor; though a tad light.). One thing I noticed right away - after checking the site - was still no 76 key controller; what's with this nonsense ? OK, they didn't make a heavier, all in one software instrument/module controller (A70, vs. 2 w/oodles of knobs and sliders), but at least could've released a 76 key AP-Pro. Weird... But not surprising.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

The V-Combo VR-700 initially caught my eye, but it seems the "ensemble" section can not be layered with the piano section (e.g., piano/strings not possible).

According to the video here you can split and layer both ensemble and organ sound together.

I think that if the price is right this can be a serious contender. Though personally I'm more interrested in the VP7... :)

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Archived