Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

And the keyboard of 2009 award goes to...

Mogut

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Majuscule,

Il y a plusieurs de KC'ers ici qui parlent le Français très bien. Je ne suis pas un d'eux malheureusement. J'ai été a une école Française quand j'etais petit, mais ça fait des années que je n'ai pas pratiqué mon Français!!

J'aimerais bien mais je ne peux vraiment pas parler de la grammaire Française.

aL

Du Francais!!!! Avec tous les accents et de la bonne orthographe!

Je suis tres impressione. Moi, je suis completemetn bilingue, mais comme j'ai fais mes etudes en anglais, mon orthographe est pourrit!

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

'

Je wishez vous ne parlez en Francais.

Voulais vous desire un slappe sur la bonce? Les readers non-comprende.

Le chat est sur la table.

At least it makes more sense trying to read that stuff than trying to understand a scouser ! ! !

:D

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Du Francais!!!! Avec tous les accents et de la bonne orthographe!

Je suis tres impressione. Moi, je suis completemetn bilingue, mais comme j'ai fais mes etudes en anglais, mon orthographe est pourrit!

En francais, mon orthographe est purée.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

I am a mechanical engineer by profession but my grammar is elementary at best.
Oh, so you're one of the f$#%ers that caused that lady at the job I had to say to us, "you mechanical engineers can't write so we're going to set up a writing class for you." :mad::P

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am a mechanical engineer by profession but my grammar is elementary at best.
Oh, so you're one of the f$#%ers that caused that lady at the job I had to say to us, "you mechanical engineers can't write so we're going to set up a writing class for you." :mad::P

It's inconceivable to me that some of these guys make WELL into six figures incomes and are completely illiterate.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

You guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a grammar lesson. No, many grammar lessons.

Then we get the french.

I think there is only one type of forum where this would happen - one full of keyboard players! :laugh:

C'mon, this would NEVER happen in say... a DRUMMER'S FORUM. :sick:

:cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

You guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a grammar lesson. No, many grammar lessons.

Then we get the french.

I think there is only one type of forum where this would happen - one full of keyboard players! :laugh:

C'mon, this would NEVER happen in say... a DRUMMER'S FORUM. :sick:

:cool:

Precisely my earlier point, Tom! Don'tcha just love it? :laugh:

You guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a grammar lesson.

As long as the badgering is directed towards me, I think everyone is ok with it. :wave:

-Greg

You guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a grammar lesson.

As long as the badgering is directed towards me, I think everyone is ok with it. :wave:

But it's not all about you, Mr. Mogut.

You just got lucky. :)

Me? I use a spell-checker whenever it's available.

And for words and phrases that I don't understand (primarily Aidan's postings... Bless His Heart), I use THIS.

I'm pretty familiar with American slang, but EURO-slang is a completely different genre. :laugh:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Since I am speaking of the past year, the past tense "there has been" would be correct. Wouldn't it?

That would actually make a pretty cool contraction. There'sb'n - as in "There'sb'n quite enough posting from the mechanical engineering department thank you."

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Since I am speaking of the past year, the past tense "there has been" would be correct. Wouldn't it?

That would actually make a pretty cool contraction. There'sb'n - as in "There'sb'n quite enough posting from the mechanical engineering department thank you."

Now I know you might find this difficult to believe, but I'm no professor of grammar. :eek:

My understanding is that "There's" is a contraction of "There is", and "There has" should be written as, well, "There has" ?

Furthermore, in the context of the OP, it sounds to me as though "There have been..." is better English than "There has been".

And I am, in fact, English :thu: ! ! !

So where does this all lead us?.....

Example: (Using Wastrels' excellent logic) - "There'veb'n many nonsensical posts on this forum in 2009" etc, etc..........

Here's to many more in 2010 :D

Merry Xmas everyone - I hope Santa brings us all a dictionary & stuff!

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

LMAO :D

-Greg

Archived