Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

And the keyboard of 2009 award goes to...

Mogut

Let's hear it fellas. There has been a handful of releases this year. I can't even name all the releases.

Nord - Electro3

Nord - C2

Yamaha - S90xs/s70xs

Roland - V-piano

Korg - SV-1

Korg - M50 was that released 08 or 09? announced 08 i know

Roland Ax-synth

Kurzweil - PC3LE

I'm sure there's a bunch more.

Anyways, Electro 3 is my pick.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to vote for the SV-1, but until one comes to a music store in Indy, it's vaporware to me.

Sweetwater in ft wayne has an 88 in the showroom.

-Greg

Lets here it fellas. Theres been a handful of releases this year.

I think you mean "hear". And "There's". Jeez, where'd you go to high school?

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Don't even mention the "Let's".

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Don't even mention the "Let's".

And the "Can't" .

PS: my vote goes to M-50 - unbeatable value-for-money.

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Muzikteechur, you might as well have gone the whole hog and pointed out that "There's" should have been "There've". Good on you for not being too harsh. ;)

Actually I'm going to dispute using "there've", which is a contraction of "there have". Since I am speaking of the past year, the past tense "there has been" would be correct. Wouldn't it?

I am a mechanical engineer by profession but my grammar is elementary at best. By all means, I hope you enjoy correcting my grammar. I will keep you busy.

-Greg

:freak:

"There Have Been" indicates the plural, whereas "There Has Been" would indicate singular.....I think!

Correct. So, the OP was correct in his usage since he was referring to a single "handful of releases . . ."

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

The spirit of the KC never fails to amaze me. Every post here has made me smile more, whether for humour, erudition or just plain waywardness ... a great place to hang out!

"There Have Been" indicates the plural, whereas "There Has Been" would indicate singular.....I think!

Correct. So, the OP was correct in his usage since he was referring to a single "handful of releases . . ."

aL

Au contraire, mon ami. His intended meaning of 'a handful of releases' (similar in this instance to "a few releases" or "several releases") necessarily signifies plurality, which makes "there've" appropriate.:wave:

The spirit of the KC never fails to amaze me. Every post here has made me smile more, whether for humour, erudition or just plain waywardness ... a great place to hang out!

aL

Au contraire, mon ami. His intended meaning of 'a handful of releases' (similar in this instance to "a few releases" or "several releases") necessarily signifies plurality, which makes "there've" appropriate. Hey aL. :wave:

Non. Non. Ce n'est pas si simple!!

Oh, que vous m'excitez! Vous savez, KC est une superbe place, mais maintenant que je vois qu'il y a au moins deux phrases de français ici, cela m'a donné des frissons de joie! Pourrions-nous parler un peu de la grammaire française, s'il-vous-plaît? C'est bien plus excitant! Surtout l'on pense que même si l'anglais est une langue saxone, une grande partie en provient du français! Ce n'est pas pour dire qu'on ne retrouve pas d'autres langues dans l'anglais, non plus! En fait, l'anglais est la langue qui copie le plus! C'est peut-être pourquoi c'est la langue qui domine le monde, elle est facile à apprendre. MAUDITES TÊTES CARRÉES!

Majuscule,

Il y a plusieurs de KC'ers ici qui parlent le Français très bien. Je ne suis pas un d'eux malheureusement. J'ai été a une école Française quand j'etais petit, mais ça fait des années que je n'ai pas pratiqué mon Français!!

J'aimerais bien mais je ne peux vraiment pas parler de la grammaire Française.

aL

Archived