Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trilian Is Now Shipping!

Geoff Grace

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will get it for sure. At $99 it's a no brainer. The bad news is I need to upgrade my computer to use it. So, first quarter of 2010 I'm hoping to do it. I wanna get through 2009 safely and make sure the grandkids have a great xmas, then I'm goin' in. (2010 will be a better year for us, right?) Trilogy has been funky for me for a while and I haven't been able to use it. I don't think I've used it since DP5.13. It's a great VI though and I'm sure this new ver will knock our socks off. I look forward to your comments once you get it.

Yessir, it's in my sights.

I'm going to wait a few days to let all the people who couldn't live without it score their copies first.

I qualify for the $99 upgrade as well.

Can't wait to try out the Stick.

I'm a little concerned over the "4g ram recommended" spec.

I just upgraded my DAW to 4g for Omnisphere about 5 months ago. :mad:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I qualify for the upgrade, so getting it is a no brainer. Eric Persing hasn't done me wrong yet!

However, I'm overdue to upgrade my computer & should probably do that 1st. Omnisphere pretty much brings my system to its knees begging for mercy.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Lemme stray OT for a minute and ask you guys a question. I'm planning on getting an 8 core w/8 -maybe 16 gigs ram and a uad card. Right now I'm running a 2408mk3 and a UA2192. I'm ok with just having 2 channels of AD/DA as I never record more than two channels at a time. Is there a card that I should be looking at other that the 2408? I will keep the 2192 for sure and my tc powercore firewire. On my current mac I have to put the buffer down to 128 or I can really feel the latency. I'm so sick of having to commit to audio so soon. So I wonder if I need a different card or will the 8 core power take care of my problem?

I'm planning on getting an 8 core w/8 -maybe 16 gigs ram and a uad card.

Thread hijack :laugh:

I'm so jealous. If this is your first UAD card, prepare to be blown away. The UAD plugs are stunning. Be sure and get the SPL Transient Designer, along with the Fairchild, 1176, LA2A, the big Neve bundle, Fatso Jr., Dreamverb, the 140 plate, Roland Dimension-D, the Pultec......... I could go on....and on.....

(2010 will be a better year for us, right?)

Man, I sure hope so. I believe it will.

I'm sure this new ver will knock our socks off. I look forward to your comments once you get it.

I have the same expectations, and I'll be sure to share my impressions.

So I wonder if I need a different card or will the 8 core power take care of my problem?

I don't have any experience with the 2408, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new computer solved your latency problem.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Linwood, that's exactly the computer I've been lusting after for the past 6 months - 8 core w/UAD. I think that beast may very well solve any latency you'll have, and if anyone deserves it for all the work they do and the amount of time it's been since they upgraded, it's you! Only if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be waiting to upgrade till 2010, I'd do it tomorrow. Why wait? You can always use the old system if things don't go smoothly but I don't see why they wouldn't.

BTW, although 16 gigs of ram is a phenomenal amount and definitely makes me drool, you may not need all that extra RAM right away. I think 8 GB may be fine for the time being sir.

Remember when 16 MB was a lot? 15 years ago....

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yea,Bobadohshe...I remember paying 1.2k ea. for 32megs of ram for the samplecell cards in my IIfx. For a minute there in the early '90's ram was costly. That IIfx w/samplecell was a great combo for me. I'd lock 'n rock to the da88's and it was a beautiful thing at the time. Loved samplecell.

I was in HS and with my 32 MB of RAM I had the 'ultimate gaming machine'. For 2 months. Then Pentium came out with the Pentium II, and my beautiful system started to get slower, and slower, and slower.

1.2K for 32 MB. Wow! That's a lot of bread for some RAM!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Did any other Trilogy users notice tuning issues in many of the samples? I contacted Spectrasonics about it, and they never acknowledged the problem and/or offered any helpful solutions. Am I just going crazy, or did other people notice this issue as well?

Anyway, point being that I hope Trilian doesn't have the same problem. I love Trilogy's sounds, but the aforementioned tuning issues drive me batty at times.

The videos are up:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/trilian_videos.php

My copy comes today. You can hear the unbelievable detail in the videos.

Busch.

My copy arrived today too. I installed it and was surprised to see -- just two days after Trilian's release -- that there were already several updates posted on Spectrasonic's website.

The installation, authorization, and update process went smoothly. Disc 1 even includes a helpful video to make sure you install the library where it belongs. My only complaint -- and it's a minor one -- is that each of the five discs has its own installer, so you can't just begin the installation process and feed the computer one disc after the next. You've got to do five individual installations -- actually eight, if you count the updates.

Once the process was finished, I loaded a few patches and was suitably impressed with the the plug-in. The sound to my ears was both richer and more nuanced than Trilogy; and it's easier to navigate too, thanks to its updated browser, which is like the one in Omnisphere.

Best,

Geoff

Got questions? They may be answered here:

Spectrasonics - Trilian - FAQ

Excerpts:

So does Trilian replace Trilogy?

Yes, Trilian is Trilogys successor.

How large is the core library?

The Trilian core library is ten times the size of Trilogy - over 34 Gigabytes! There are many hundreds of different Soundsources and Patches, some containing many thousands of samples each, and with more new patches and sounds being added over time.

Are the original Trilogy Synth patches included in Trilian?

Not yet. We are currently in the process of recreating the original Trilogy synth patches and they will be available for download in December. The patch library update will be free to all users and include many new patches as well.

(Note that the original Trilogy acoustic and electric patches are currently available in Trilian)

Does Trilian need as much CPU power as Omnisphere?

No.

Bass sounds require far less polyphony than most of the sounds in Omnisphere, and as a result typically require significantly less CPU power to run. However, Trilian's largest sounds contain upwards of 10,000+ samples, so it can take much more memory resources and we recommend having a 4gb system.

Is Trilian 64 bit?

The Windows version of Trilian is 64-bit native.

The Mac version is not 64-bit yet. However, this is in development and is planned for a future release more as music software transitions to 64 bit on the Mac.

Best,

Geoff

Archived