Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

kanker comes to Pittsburgh and Wilmington...

kanker.

Hey all

Back home...for a few days. Friday Aug 7 I'm heading out to Pittsburg to play the Thunderbird Cafe with Tad Robinson. Sunday the 9th, we'll be hitting the Riverfront Blues Festival in Wilmington, DE, 12:30 pm

Hope to see some folks!

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wilmington, huh? Tantalizingly close, especially since my wife has a bunch of friends there from U of D. Unfortunately, I'm out of town next weekend. Bummer.

Any other DC-area dates in your future?

Noah

Nothing on the calendar at the moment, but things change quickly, so you never know...

Or Kanker comes to Buffalo......

Anyways, I played in Wilmington about a month ago for the jazz fest. It is one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to (at least the downtown area, where I was staying). I mean really, forget about broken bottles or McDonald's wrappers, I'm talkin' there wasn't even any gum on the sidewalks or even a cigarette butt. It struck me right away how clean it was, even the alleys. Seems like a real city of music lovers too, where they clap for your solos and cheer you on.

Crazy accent though, every time I asked a cop for directions I felt like I was in an episode of HBO's "The Wire"

http://www.myspace.com/mfranciswags

roland xv-88, roland fp-8, hammond dolphin, kustom kustom88, wurlitzer 700 2 Acme Low B2's

Hmm, this is tempting... I now work a few blocks away from the Thunderbird Cafe. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, though.

Regardless, enjoy your Primanti Bros :cool: I was there for lunch a few weeks ago for lunch and enjoyed a delicious Genoa salami with egg :thu:

Wilmington is sort of my stomping ground! We have a family thing that day up on PA but maybe we can hit your set on the way up there.

Are you coming in that morning or the night before? My band is playing on the 8th in north Wilmington, about 10-15 minutes from downtown. If you are going to be in the area ahead of time let me know and maybe you can come check out my band, it'd be fun to hook up with a fellow forum member.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Good luck!

Thunderbird is a cool place that gets a decent crowd. I don't go there myself because the room is harsh... very hard and reverberant... gives me a headache. But it is a reasonable room in an older and now emerging artsy part of town that brings in interesting acts.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Wilmington is sort of my stomping ground! We have a family thing that day up on PA but maybe we can hit your set on the way up there.

Are you coming in that morning or the night before? My band is playing on the 8th in north Wilmington, about 10-15 minutes from downtown. If you are going to be in the area ahead of time let me know and maybe you can come check out my band, it'd be fun to hook up with a fellow forum member.

I think we are coming in the night before - shoot me some details in case I can make it out!

Archived