Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas Music Banned at Corporate Party Gig

Jazz+

And I've had to ask my friends who are African American - do you prefer "African American", or "Black" or something else.

Afro-American, African-American, Black, are non-offensive.

However, being singled out as a group is most annoying and offensive.

Nobody says, "I played at a holiday party primarily consisting of Caucasian-Americans".

Otherwise, it is silly that folks get wrapped around the axle over the simplest things i.e. holiday music.

If the tune makes people feel good and forget about their worries in that moment, play that sh*t. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know any Festivus songs?

Happy Festivus Everyone! :rawk:

See? I just KNEW someone would help me out here. :laugh:

Hey Marky, where the hell have you been?

People have been asking.

(You don't own them money again, do ya?) :whistle:

Hey Tom -been real busy working 12 hour days all year (actually last 2 and a half years) and something had to give. Especially when I took on re-coppering my house over the last 2 months. Always lurking but I keep my useless comments minimal so I don't feel obligated to check back at a particular time or appear rude.

Best to you and the corner gang. Happy ...I mean Merry....err... never mind. :freak:

Best to you and the corner gang. Happy ...I mean Merry....err... never mind. :freak:

And my best to you, Markyboard.

Thanks for checkin' in. We're behaving... kinda. :rolleyes:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Next thing you know all holiday music and shows will be forbidden from public television and radio. Holiday entertainment will have to go underground.

Yeah, it'll get so cool again that teens will start using it to be rebellious. Which reminds me: who knew that Barry Manilow would get to be such a powerful force against teen misbehaviour? Funny ol' world ...

"Who wants a beer?" indeed. This picture is deeply offensive to those of us of Teutonic heritage who deeply resent the unfortunate stereotype of us as beer swilling, Oktoberfest having, beer maiden loving...(Wait a minute. These are good things. Never mind) Yes I will have a beer. Prosit. : )

Did someone say Beer? I'm in. I believe that there would be peace on earth and goodwill toward men if everyone just stopped and had a beer together. Maybe two.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Did someone say Beer? I'm in. I believe that there would be peace on earth and goodwill toward men if everyone just stopped and had a beer together. Maybe two.

Exactly.

And because I'm an equal opportunity beer drinker, I'd buy one for Mr. Kanker and I wouldn't even bat an eye about it being warm either.

That's just the kinda guy I am. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I'll piss so many people off they'll forget they were ever offended by holiday music.

That's a worthy goal.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I don't think it any big deal to mention the majority ethnic group you're playing for. In fact I like to know and agents and such often do tell me things like "it well be a mostly (fill in the ethnicity) crowd. I mean when I'm asked to play at a mostly black event I don't hire sidemen that spealize in country and classic rock.

Archived