Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW : Roland Juno-Stage

EdMusic

http://home.wanadoo.nl/edeniet/Juno-Stage.jpg

Announced at LIMS08

Juno-Stage

A New Synth Star for the Stage

Designed from the ground up for live performers, JUNO-STAGE is a new breed of synthesizer that every gigging keyboardist will love. Decked out with an extra-large display, USB backing-track functionality, a Click output for drummers, dedicated performance knobs, hands-free patch select, instant master MIDI control functionality, and much more, JUNO-STAGE sets a new standard for powerful on-stage performance at a friendly price.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me a lot of my XP-60.

Mark

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

Nice piece indeed, but ummmmm, TOO LATE Roland...

Methinks they aren't ready to commit to the Fantom G sound engine fully just quite yet. Good news for those folks with SRX boards, huh?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

The feel of the KB is very important. Most 73 or 76 key instruments have very light touch keyboards and that doesn't work well for piano. I wonder how much its going to LIST/sell for.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Before you start the sampler bashing again guys, make a list of how many movies you've seen that have NO sound effects? Short list, huh? Just because "some" of you guys are narrow minded, doesn't mean everyone else is. Get a life. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Before you start the sampler bashing again guys, make a list of how many movies you've seen that have NO sound effects? Short list, huh? Just because "some" of you guys are narrow minded, doesn't mean everyone else is. Get a life. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Wow, Mike... relax. :freak:

I could easily respond to this by asking you to name all the movies whose sound effects were done on a Motif ES or similar workstation... but where would that get us? ;)

Besides, there's no argument here... Roland is very clearly marketing this as a 'performance keyboard'. We're all good. :thu:

Sven's pat answer #2: Google is your friend... . :thu::D

But, officer, I did Google! Honest!

LOL... Shore ya did, lad... shore ya did.brogue> ;)

I had to Google it as well... never heard of that show before... but then, not living in the UK, I'm okay with that. ;)

Oh, and for the record, I googled for LIMS; had to ignore the first couple of "Laboratory Information Management Systems" results... figured Roland wouldn't be involved there. ;)

About the only attractive thing about this board is its weight (21lbs). The rest is pretty much standard Roland fare! Whatever!

aL

Personally I still have a hard time getting past the bastardization of the Juno name, not to mention the awful JX-3P graphic elements... :P

About the only attractive thing about this board is its weight (21lbs). The rest is pretty much standard Roland fare! Whatever!

aL

Personally I still have a hard time getting past the bastardization of the Juno name, not to mention the awful JX-3P graphic elements... :P

No kidding. I mean if Roland wants to resurrect its "glorious" past, they should make instruments worthy of these names. Otherwise, give it up and go make more romplers.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

It's marketing, pure and simple.

I am no marketing guru, by any stretch of the imagination, but just the looks of that board turn me off. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing (uh oh, no sheep huggers need comment)... :rolleyes:

I guess Roland's marketing philosophy is something like: "It's a cubic zirconia and we're proud of it." :deadhorse::rolleyes:

aL

My point is that they hope by slapping the Juno name on it that it will have a "cool" factor.

Then they're misremembering what "Juno" stood for in the 80's... :rolleyes:

Juno was a budget offering, meant to sell keyboards to kids and neophytes. Juno-106, Juno-1 and Juno-2, which are what most of the younger crowd will remember... not exactly the watershed instruments used to define "cool". Sure, the first Junos (6 & 60) had some appeal, but even those were "affordable" offerings, not flagship instruments.

It's a damn good thing they didn't call it the "Jupiter Stage"... there'd be pitchforks and torches on the move... ;)

Ahem. :D

My point is that they hope by slapping the Juno name on it that it will have a "cool" factor.

Then they're misremembering what "Juno" stood for in the 80's... :rolleyes:

Juno was a budget offering, meant to sell keyboards to kids and neophytes. Juno-106, Juno-1 and Juno-2, which are what most of the younger crowd will remember... not exactly the watershed instruments used to define "cool". Sure, the first Junos (6 & 60) had some appeal, but even those were "affordable" offerings, not flagship instruments.

It's a damn good thing they didn't call it the "Jupiter Stage"... there'd be pitchforks and torches on the move... ;)

Ahem. :D

Oh, do you not know that they're considered "cool" now? A lot of indie rock bands have been using Juno-60s and Juno-106s in recent years.

No kidding. I mean if Roland wants to resurrect its "glorious" past,

The past wasn't that glorious. The Jupiter 8 didn't sell well, and these were "thin" Japanese knock-off synths compared to honest Made In the USA stuff like Oberheim, ARP and Moog which were much fatter.

Nobody wants a single-oscillator + chorus machine. I mean, really, nobody. It's got to have at least 2 of 'm, and you can ask Dave Smith what you need to re-start a line of DCO analogs at an affordable price.

Yoozer,

That's the reason I put "glorious" in "" marks. The only analog synth I owned back in the day was a mono Roland SH-1000, circa 1977. It did what it did, but, to be honest I didn't know whether it was anywhere near similar offerings from Moog and other manufacturers. I seemed to think it was a worthy contender among mono machines. (I was 16 at the time)!!!

In any event, the point I was making was that the idea of resurrecting Roland's past analog instruments and repackaging their names into romplers like the Juno series seems a bit wrong headed since whoever has fond memories, if any, of the original Junos will quickly find that the Juno G, etc., are not only in a different category of keyboards, there's not even a sonic resemblance.

aL

Archived