Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Deploying

Warthog

Hey, Guys,

Been scarce lately. Right now I'm at Nellis in Las Vegas getting some good close air support training. Just found out today I'll be headed to Afghanistan next month for 4 months so I'll probably be offline for a while.

Hope you are all well and keep jamming while I'm killing Taliban...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Guys,

Been scarce lately. Right now I'm at Nellis in Las Vegas getting some good close air support training. Just found out today I'll be headed to Afghanistan next month for 4 months so I'll probably be offline for a while.

Keep your head down & be safe out there, Warthog. Be sure to check in & keep us informed anytime you get Internet access. Be well.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Hey, guys (and gals). Never meant to post this to bring attention to myself. I HATE that! Thanks anyhow, and I'm just glad that after 15 years of service and 2,000 hours flying jets that I finally get to do the real mission and take out those who oppose freedom....

A-10 Vs Taliban

...I finally get to do the real mission and take out those who oppose freedom....

Yup. The Taliban actually banned music while they were in power, as well as shooting women in public stadiums and destroying world heritage sites.

If there's ever been "a just war" since WWII, this one's IT.

Give them hell, we couldn't even be having this politics and religion free, family friendly forum under the Taliban, because even owning a guitar would have been illegal.

Praying for you WH. We KNOW beyons any shadow of doubt you're gonna do us all proud. Take out the bad guys and come on back in one piece.

Check in here when you get the chance,and let us know how it's going.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Stay safe and thank you (and all of our service men & women) for keeping us free and safe. :thu:

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Hey, Guys,

Good luck and come home.

Det 5, 38th ARRS

Les Paul Studio Deluxe, '74 Guild S100, '64 Strat, JCM 900 Combo, Peavey Classic 30 1x12, Peavey Classic 30 Head, CBG

Warthog, stay safe and be well. I'm praying for your safe return and thanking you (and others) for your service to our country.

Michelle

My new baby is a 2002 Collectors by Ovation

I think this is a cool song title -- "Can't Remember to Forget"

I finally get to do the real mission and take out those who oppose freedom....

Cool, then on your way, maybe you can bomb the suckers who signed the Patriot Act and other Tyrannical acts which are repugnant to freedom

Since the mods let you get away with a political post, i thought i would just roll with it, too

Since the mods let you get away with a political post, i thought i would just roll with it, too

Maybe when you go off to fight a war in a foreign land, the mods will cut you some slack, too. In the meantime, the fact that you have political views is not a justification for making them public.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Go and do what you've trained to do and do it well.. and come home safe to those you love.

I'm not a big enthusiast with what we've all been dragging into but even more disturbing to me is the rise of any fundamentalist ideology that places itself in contradiction and obvious conflict with the advance of civilized society all over this planet.

It literally begs for war as we strive for a world were our collective appreciation for the rights of all are observed and cooperatively supported for a better tomorrow.

This ideology is backward and repulsive and tragically, has cost the lives of many iniscents .. and as always.. it starts with the weak and defenseless members of their own... women and children.

I don't know how we teach to the world without preaching or imposing "our" beliefs but these basics precepts of existence must be observed regardless of our individual or core bearings and how they may differ.

Take your training, take your wisdom and compassion and come home safe.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

I finally get to do the real mission and take out those who oppose freedom....

Cool, then on your way, maybe you can bomb the suckers who signed the Patriot Act and other Tyrannical acts which are repugnant to freedom

I wrote several responses, deleted them and decided to just quote Picker.

Maybe when you go off to fight a war in a foreign land, the mods will cut you some slack, too. In the meantime, the fact that you have political views is not a justification for making them public.

I wish you safety, Warthog, and make sure you know where the Allied positions are before you pull the trigger......

Hear, Hear. Well at least you don't have Harry to worry about anymore. What a great thing going out there like that. Are we finally seeing some real balls in the Royal Family? What is the thought about that over there?

Hey, All,

Did not mean to post anything political or stir-up that hornet's nest. I am certainly tolerant of everyone's views including those that are different. That's what is great about America. I'm not in a position to make judgements on whether what we're doing is justified or not. I'm in the position that I take orders from those appointed over me. The military doesn't work if it's any other way.

All this being said, thanks to everyone for the kind words. I will take my training, faith in God, and ties with my family and friends and return home safely. Just rest assured that if there are people on the ground shooting at Americans or any of their Allies (including but not limited to Brits, Dutch, Aussies, and Canadians) they won't live very long if I'm overhead.

I'm going to take you up on that one, Fumbly - Prince Andrew was on active service with the Navy during the Falklands conflict and his job was to pilot a helicopter just off a destroyer to draw any Exocets that happened to come by - he was, literally, cannon-fodder.

Respect. I wouldn't do it.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived