Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alicia Keys and Jupiter-8

Dana.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBcQeIax4g

Here's the song that *ahem* inspired Alicia to write (or pi-write) that number. A big Akon hit from a few months ago.

She endorses Yamaha but my guess is that she probably wanted to use a JP-8 because of it's rich history in music videos. She's no dummy. She also played it on the MTV awards. Maybe she grew up watching Duran Duran or something. But that part could have been done on practically anything.

Blinder? Naff? Speak the King's English please sir!

Oops, never mind... ;)

Sorry bout that one Moe :whistle:, blinder/blinding= very good/superb. Naff(I was gonna call it pants)= of little redeeming value, also rather uncool and in this case corny. I usually get castigated from my well spoken sister for using American-isms, some of my favourites are garbage and junk and one we've discussed before; bozo ;)

A. Keys has always showed up behind various vintage KBs in addition to the usual suspects. She's definitely a well-rounded keyboardist. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Never noticed that! :thu:

Am I the only one who thinks that Roland :mad: may react due to the misrepresentation of their gear?

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

Roland won't say squat. It's her axe and she can do anything she wants to with it, including paint it blue.

And no, the back panel doesn't have a Yamaha badge on it - I've seen a pic from another angle. All that is on the back is a large piece of black tape covering "Roland".

I don't see the whole "hide the badges with tape" thing. What's the point?

Moe

---

Must be an infringement issue somewhere in there.. Maybe it's only an issue regarding artists who endorse losing the contract if said artist endorses yammie, but caught on camera with Roland boards etc. Im sure somebody here's done those deals before and can clarify.

Paul Shaffer was the 1st cat I ever noticed doing that years ago..before they built that spaceship around his rig. Now it seems to be the industry standard way of doing things if you endorse.

TROLL . . . ish.

I recall Paul Shaffer saying that since he doesn't get an endorsement from the manufacturers, he doesn't want to give them free advertising. That's why he covers the nameplates.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

The halls in my area get discounts on their pianos for stage exclusivity of their name on all keyboards on the stage. The stagehands always put black gaffer tape over my nameplates whenever I play one of these halls.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

It's not really on point, but I used black electrical tape to cover the "S90ES" logo on the back panel of my Yammie because I didn't the look of the logo. Simple as that.

Archived