Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NYC-area demo guys wanted

synthetic

TASCAM is going to be showing GigaStudio at the AES show on October 5-8 at the Javitz convention center. We're looking for a few local guys who know how to demonstrate a sampler. We can teach you the specifics of the sampler, but some knowledge of GigaStudio and GVI would be helpful and/or sales experience. I don't need shredding players at 110dB - this isn't NAMM -- just someone who can say, "check out this electric piano sound" and then play a few licks. It's a low key show, no pun intended.

If anyone is interested in doing this then PM me. Before you ask, I can't pay very much but you would get a copy of anything we might announce. ;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually don't speak out loud, but I have to give my opinion on this one, because I keep seeing it more and more often.

This is a bit low from Tascam. Hiring someone won't cost a bit in comparison. Register with the unemployment office, staffing companies or at least put at a minimum wage. We also pay the babysitter.

Yeah - "Make our stuff look good, sell it for us, and we won't really pay you, but we'll give you some free stuff that's really no skin off our teeth." I have friends who do demos at trade shows for major companies like TASCAM, except they get paid well. Giga's a big enough product that you should really have a qualified, well paid individual showing it off...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

You guys are awfully hard on this offer. It's AES, not NAMM. He just needs keyboard players, and in exchange there's some instruction, pay and product. Sounds reasonable to me, but I'm not in NYC.

I guess I also don't hang out in the same rarefied circle of musicians as the rest of you.

Giga's a big enough product that you should really have a qualified, well paid individual showing it off...

Good demonstraters may mot be as easy to find as you think...and there's frequently not enough work to keep them on salary, so you have to find someone who is consistently available on a part time basis. Can be challenging....

He just needs keyboard players, and in exchange there's some instruction, pay and product. Sounds reasonable to me.

To me as well.

For some musician who has the time/wants to get more into this industry/wants to have some fun and walk away with some $, software and maybe some new connections/exposure, I don't think it's a bad offer at all. Speaking as someone who has spent years doing demos at trade shows, It's actually a pretty casual gig...especially if you've got someone else to do the talking and all you've gotta do is play. :cool:

I actually suggested that Synthetic consider posting this in the forum, and now I feel badly about doing so....I thought a keyboard forum might be a good place to find someone to do something like this - guess I was wrong. My apologies to Synthetic and to anyone who was offended by this.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dave B...you've heard the old saying...."How do you get a musician to bitch"?......GET HIM A GIG!!!

I think there's probably a lot of old , crusty, burned out, bitter cats hanging out on this forum......like me haha!!

Hey, if you're in the the area and it interests you...why not...it's better than sitting home in the afternoon watching Oprah. (yikes)

You actually might learn something and make a few bucks to boot.

synthetic, I appreciate the fact that you extended the offer here at KC. Quite frankly, I'm surprised none of our NY contingent raised up. It will work out. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I would, but I can't moonlight the day job, and I know squat about samplers other than what I've worked with on KB Workstations.

Good luck in you recruitment search, I'm sure some one in NYC will help you.

Archived