Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The return of the sheep

Garrafon

The following headline and story causes me significant concern about some of our more sheep-loving forumites from North Carolina. Now, far be it from me to name any names...but, hmmm, I just remembered that I need to check to see if there is any Gas in the Car.

Headline from CNN: "Authorities take away more than 70 sheep from a man's North Carolina home."

The full video story can be seen by going to cnn.com and clicking on the "Eighty Sheep Found In Man's Home" link.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sure hope they don't harm those sheep. Those sheep are compasionate and innocent creatures. Hopefully they'll wind up in a petting zoo or something that. BTW do you know where I can get some mint sauce? Its my fav with leg of lamb. :grin:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I knew that one of my dearest forumite friends would see that article once it made national news. :rolleyes:

It's your basic animal cruelty story - starved, neglected farm animals. Unfortunately it happens all the time and it makes me sick.

Frankly, I'm pretty PO'd that anyone would ignore their animals such that thirty (30) of them had to be euthanized.

In my opinion, that's an awful example of low-life. Unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

Bastid. :mad:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Those sheep are compasionate and innocent creatures. :grin:

Compassionate to whom?

I have yet to hear about sheep holding a candlelight vigil for any cause, fighting to save themselves and/or standing bedside to a gravely ill individual. :D

Innocent?

It has been reported that sheep are responsible for more failed marriages than every other infraction combined. :D

Seriously, animal cruelty is a low-life affair. Just say no and/or don't be bothered. There is no need to treat them badly.

Thankfully, I have not developed an appetite for those little creatures one way or another. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

[quote=ProfD

Thankfully, I have not developed an appetite for those little creatures one way or another. :cool:

Unfortunately, there are a few persons who frequent this forum who appear to have a rather strange, appetite, as you put it, for sheep. Go-o-o-o-o-o-o (said in the voice of a sheep) figure.

Unfortunately, there are a few persons who frequent this forum who appear to have a rather strange, appetite, as you put it, for sheep. Go-o-o-o-o-o-o (said in the voice of a sheep) figure.

Garrafon, the guy who did this has a sick mind.

I kid about sheep because I used to think that it was kinda funny to think that there are guys that are so horny they would actually do it with a farm animal. I've now come to the realization that there are guys who actually do this crap. :rolleyes: It's not so funny anymore.

Unfortunately, this guy is mentally ill. Seventy seven (77) sheep were taken from his house; Thirty (30) had to be euthanized.

There were "numerous sheep carcasses... found on the property Monday, as were skeletal remains of other animals."

Click HERE for the story from our local TV station and CBS affiliate.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Wow

The world is full of some strange people.

But what you dont realize is how many so called "normal" pets get euthanized every day.

My daughters cat had kittens a few months ago. We brought them to the local SPCA to see if they could find homes for them. The workers there brought us to a huge warehouse like room filled with cages upon cages of kittens. They were all there to be euthanized that day. They told us they kill over 1000 kittens a day.

People who dont get their animals spayed or neutered are doing the world a horrible injustice. I was horrified to look at the rows and rows of kittens who were just sitting there waiting to die.

Luckily we were able to give our kittens away to neighbors who needed barn cats. We got her female cat fixed that same week. It was a rude awakening for us.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I kid about sheep because I used to think that it was kinda funny to think that there are guys that are so horny they would actually do it with a farm animal. I've now come to the realization that there are guys who actually do this crap. :rolleyes: It's not so funny anymore.

Unfortunately, this guy is mentally ill. Seventy seven (77) sheep were taken from his house; Thirty (30) had to be euthanized.

There were "numerous sheep carcasses... found on the property Monday, as were skeletal remains of other animals."

Yeah, I heard that. It is sick and very sad. Unfortunately, that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the sick things some humans do. Ohhhh the stories I could tell from what I see cross my desk on a weekly basis...but I won't.

Tom, at least we know that you're joking when you make the references. Anyone that would do this to any animal should be subjected to the same type of treatment. :mad:

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Oh yeah?

HOw about the little club of guys in Washington state a year or so back that were straping themselves to the undersides of Stallion horses while Mr. Ed had his way with them? :grin:

One got a perforated colon and DIED!! :eek:

Damn, that's a visual I don't need. :deadhorse::rolleyes:

"Just play!"

Oh yeah?

HOw about the little club of guys in Washington state a year or so back that were straping themselves to the undersides of Stallion horses while Mr. Ed had his way with them? :grin:

One got a perforated colon and DIED!! :eek:

Well, there is something to be said for horsing around. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

But what you dont realize is how many so called "normal" pets get euthanized every day.

People who dont get their animals spayed or neutered are doing the world a horrible injustice.

Yeah I do. There was a story last month about SPCA workers who removed animals from a shelter and instead of euthanizing them in a proper manner, killed them and threw them in a dumpster off the side of the road.

All my animals are spayed or neutered - Always.

No kidding guys. The sheep joke was stupid, yes. But it was a joke. I'm sick of it all at this point. It's damn ugly when you find that the stories are true, huh?

Either I'm really naive, or I chose to look the other way. It doesn't matter. I won't be making any more sheep jokes.

I could use a beer. :rolleyes:

My father-in-law is a vet. I live nearby. Many times I have had to help him load large euthanized dogs into his truck for the ride to the......

STINKY PLACE! :o

Animal "recovery facility". I went there with him last week. Horrifying. A 40 foot dumpster filled to the TOP with...

HORSES! :eek: I kid you not. It was a harsh reality.

Regards,

Joe

My concept album's title is gonna be called 'Velcro Gloves'. The sheep will luv it!

I love animals (we have 5 cats) . . . .

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Yeah, spay your pets. We got 4 cats (awful). We had a stray tom come around. I knew that as soon as my wife started calling him "Vincent", we were in trouble. He knocked up a barn cat that had also started to come around. Four kittens. My wife managed to capture all the kittens, Vincent and the Barn cat. Except by then the Barn cat was knocked up again. Six kittens this time. We managed to give them all away, thank God. My guitar player took two.

In the end and in a span of about 4 or 5 months, my father-in-law ended up spaying 12 stray animals.

Spay your pets.

Regards,

Joe

We had a stray tom come around.

Somehow I just KNEW this would come back around to bite me in the butt before falling off of page 1.

Folks I am [font:Comic Sans MS]NOT A SHEEP SHAGGER[/font]. :mad::rolleyes::(

Thank you,

tom

:cool:

We had a stray tom come around.

Somehow I just KNEW this would come back around to bite me in the butt before falling off of page 1.

Folks I am [font:Comic Sans MS]NOT A SHEEP SHAGGER[/font]. :mad::rolleyes::(

Thank you,

tom

:cool:

Well, there goes my image of you :wave: :grin: :grin:

Just Kidding. :cool:

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Tom,

Judging from your emoticons, it seems that you think the phrase "stray tom" referred to you, but it didn't. It's short for "stray tomcat", a stray male cat.

Don't be so sensitive! :) Sounds like you need a beer. :wave:

Regards,

Joe

Tom,

Judging from your emoticons, it seems that you think the phrase "stray tom" referred to you, but it didn't. It's short for "stray tomcat", a stray male cat.

Don't be so sensitive! :love: Sounds like you need a beer. :wave:

Regards,

Joe

:)

No worries. I knew it was tomcat.

Tom, tommy gun, tommy lift, tomcat, peeping tom... yeah. :rolleyes:

I was kidding - I was always kidding about the sheep thing. But, in thinking about it, I get the feeling that perhaps some of the guys here really took me seriously and thought I was some kind of a weirdo.

Like I said - no more sheep jokes for tomcat. :/

There all spayed, but one female we had gotten had to wait a week or so for the vet to spay her and she was in heat. If I was on the couch she would rub up against me and howl and me-ow day and night, it was awful!

Really awful!

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Archived