Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Lowdown Project

zeronyne

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in.

There's enough LOBSTER's close enough to meet and pass it round once it gets over here without worrying about postage, and McGeof must literally drive past my house to get from Devon to Loughbrough.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

I'm in for this! I'll even A/B it during a gig with my real Sansamp Bass Driver.

Well as long as it's coming out this way, I'll give it a go! We can pass it over to Yogi too.

Yeah! Hi Lizzy! I was about to post your name in the "Where they at?" thread.

Heh...I'm around, mostly lurking with nothing to contribute. :wave:

I'm not sure how I'd fit it into my gain-happy sound, but I'm sure I can work something out. At the very least, I'll put some gaffer tape on it.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I'm still collecting addresses and mapping a path.

The plan is for people to email me the pics (with comments) and then I'll post them on a central site with maps, etc.

Real life has caught up with me this weekend, so you all have an extra week to pile onto this fast-moving train.

"For instance" is not proof.

Ok, robb., I'll put in, too. I can show off my typical Sunday, where the rock band rehearsal follows the church gig. 09 I'll send my addy tonight.

Big Daddy should get in on this, too. Not sure what Steve's current status is, but he should do it, too.

I just hope I don't see gaffer tape residue on it when I get it. :o:D

OK, here's the list so far, in no particular order:

Tom Capasso

RicBassGuy

CMDN

NUTT

Brocko777

JonathanD

Bottomgottem

EmpireMark

JeremyC

Danzilla

Flemtone

Sweet Willie

Getz76

Bumpcity

LizzyD

DavidMPires

PhilW

Saxofunk

Robb

jackpine

TimR

Luke73

DC Ross

Picker

Basshappi

Newf

Warlock1016

Trucks.of.love

and Me.

My guess is that this will take roughly two years, since this project has the added complexity of working around gig and/or studio schedules, plus we want to make sure that the little BDI gets shown around your neck of the woods.

If I missed anyone, or if I don't have your address, now is the time to PM it to me.

Let's set Sunday as the cutoff for the initial round. Still no Aussies...and didn't we have a Lowdowner in Singapore?

I have absolutely no qualms about sending it to Europe and Australia as well, although you'll have to rely on battery power. For those jaunts, I'll have the pedal sent back to me and I'll mail it out at my expense unless others are willing to do so to save time.

What, no phantom power!

I like the idea, it'd need to get here in the next 2 months for a chance of an interesting gig. It'd take me more like 2 weeks to pick it up, use it and post it again.

"But man it sounds soooooooo much better flat. I can't believe how much better it sounds." -- thabottomend

Don't forget wraub... he and I will be busking together.

Peace.

--SW

Indeed.

All we need now is a tambourine and a dream.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I'd give it a go. But like dad-named-sue, I'd need it soon. (I'm gigging for the next couple of months, before returning stateside.)

I'd also put lotion on its skin. I'd do it whenever I was told.

http://www.movievillains.com/images/shangtsung.jpg

"It has begun!!!!"

The care package (consisting of said pedal, power supply, and a small journal in which to write your thoughts about the pedal itself and possibly confessions about your secret crush on Tom Capasso) is on its way to Seattle.

I will be emailing all of you who are down with this project shortly with a tentative schedule. As I mentioned before, I fully expect this project to take years. I will also be posting a link to the website...it's gotten a bit out of hand in terms of design, but it will be a lot of fun.

Remember, lots of photos of you with the pedal, the venue, be it church, mental hospital, seedy dive, Cellblock D, whatever. Oh, and bonus points if you take the BDI 21 out drinking or to a family gathering/ice cream social.

This could be fun.

It's going to 2 gigs this weekend with me - one of which is going to get recorded if everything sorts out properly. I've also got other plans that will hopefully turn out as amusing as I think they will.

I'll hand it off to LizzyD as soon as we can hook up after the coming weekend. I'd guess early next week.

Just FYI: The Package arrived on Friday afternoon. The BDI21 has spent a lot of time with me this weekend and I've already sent a bunch of stuff to zeronyne.

Lizzy, I'll call you sometime early this week and work out a way to get it to ya!

TAG!

LizzyD is officially "it". She was handed the BDI21 package yesterday evening. I believe Yogurt gets it next and then off to ????

I have given zeronyne a grip of stuff (pictures and audio) from my time with the BDI21. I would imagine that sometime soon the webpage for this wacky little project will be launched. Yea!

I have some of the funniest pictures I have seen in a long time from the esteemed Mr. Bumpcity. The site will be rolling this weekend.

Many thanks to Bump. He has set the bar quite high.

Archived