Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My group has begun rehearsals again after 9 months. They procured a lockout at a place called Godlike Studios an hour away from me. It's interesting - 79 practice rooms in a warehouse with a general store and recording facilities. As you stroll around you hear all different kinds of music (Mariachi to speed metal) and the place is open to certain urban artists who work exclusively with spray paint.

Here's their website.

Dig the bathroom - it was actually quite clean and funk free.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/Mattulator/04-26-09_1518.jpg

Drummer Jeff chatting up one of the ladies

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/Mattulator/04-26-09_1256.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/Mattulator/04-26-09_1255.jpg

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

This stinks, I have a million dollar idea, OK, maybe a $10,000 idea, and no way to make it happen. I can't say what it is but it is a very time sensitive, pop culture item. It could be sold worldwide, for just a few bucks, and would be somewhat disposable. Actually, in an ideal world, it would have hit the streets a few days ago. I'm surprised I haven't seen it already.

I'd tell you what it is but some lurker, that isn't even an active member here would steal the idea and I'd rather not make a penny then see someone else make a fortune.

Just frustrated.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

So I've been playing at this jam lately. It's mostly blues, but they throw in some standards. Enough so that I've started bringing my Real Book with me. Anyhow, the bandleader knows some pretty serious people who sit in from time to time. So I googled a couple of the guys that I've gotten a chance to play with. It turns out that one is the son of fusion guitarist Larry Coryell (Murali Coryell), and another is Tony Levin's brother Pete. I'm almost glad I didn't know this when I went onstage with these guys, because I did a double take when I found that out and who knows what my reaction would have been on the bandstand.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

That's when you sit on the couch eating ice cream and watching DVR reruns of Oprah.

Wrong praticing is when you go to a forum and discuss that Jaco was the best player that ever lived and go on to explain why you dispise Flea and think that Marcus Miller is the king of slap.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I landed one of those uber-juicy jobs today.

Dryrot repair and new synthetic decking on a 920 square foot second story deck.

I feel GASeous already!

Bah. He's just going to waste his money on some new-fangled bass with one too many strings.

Preferably one that doesn't need retrofitting and doesn't fall apart in the middle of the night.

Davio - relax and enjoy being a kept man. Now go do the dishes.