Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does this forum have a Discord?

If not, why not?

I think it would be fun and interesting to hangout and chat with other community members.

Our forum is better for organization of threads, archival of topics and search but I think a chat server would be a great complement to the forum.

Has it been discussed before?

In case you don't know, Discord is a chat, distribution and VoIP platform, originally intended for gaming but nowadays used for all genres. It's free to host and join a server, everything runs in the cloud so no infrastructure or servers to maintain. Members use browser or app to participate.

Here's an invite to my music production community. Not a plug, but just in case anybody wants to test it.

http://bit.ly/discord_woody

hang out with me at woody piano shack

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So like my 11 year old son on his Nintendo Switch, while I complain about guitar players and make my stereo vs mono case or pitch the best powered monitor, digital piano, and organ clone, I can have a headset microphone so we can all debate live as we're typing? IDK, I hear my son getting pretty upset "Connor! You took my weapon!!!! Ugghhhhh!". Is that what you mean?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Yes, that could be interesting, and another avenue for MPN to pursue.

Here's an invite to my music production community. Not a plug, but just in case anybody wants to test it.

http://bit.ly/discord_woody

Completely off topic, but am I correct in thinking that you're Woody as in Woody Piano Shack?

Great channel!

I recently left a comment on one of your videos mentioning that I had seen your cameo on RetroManCave's excellent series about the BBC Micro.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I'd be in on that. Great idea.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I like the idea of using a headset mic over voice so we can listen to everybody's string resonance, 10 velocity layers in a Rhodes sample and sound test our organ tones with and without a Vent. Of course, we will be doing it over VoIP and through a $3 microphone, but it will be fantastic. Unless I break out the Roland Jazz Scat patch and make you all listen to me play it for hours.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries