Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody familiar with MAG Custom Organs? They look nice!

My wheels are turning...

Contemplating an organ like the Compact but with a normal sized left end block, knobbage and presets moved there, and 3 sets of drawbars - 2 for upper manual.

Should still come in slightly over 30 lbs. and be no wider than Mojo.

Moe

---

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wheels are turning...

Contemplating an organ like the Compact but with a normal sized left end block, knobbage and presets moved there, and 3 sets of drawbars - 2 for upper manual.

Should still come in slightly over 30 lbs. and be no wider than Mojo.

Well, I think your DIY controller which I see in your avatar deserves the HX3 engine board !!!

I forgot how heavy your controller is,- but it´s real w/ the right haptics.

A.C.

Massimo postet some soundclips via FB/Soundcloud.

MAG C2 with Leslie 145

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

• 1 year later...
Threads started by regular members looking for information are fair game for the manufacturer to provide info and pictures.

I was one who contacted Max asking for more info, glad to see he found his way here!

And here I though I was the one who contacted Max looking for more info. :)

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

They've a model they've made room to mount the Vent in so it seems. Although many like the existing HX3 rotary simulation, I'm assuming the Vent is still desirable for its editabilty to taste? Once inside the MAG, how's one gain access to its parameter controls and switches?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 3 years later...

Don't want to open a can of worms, but has anyone had more experience with these organs in the intervening three and a half years? I'm on the hunt for the right dual-manual clone and this is an option I hadn't investigated yet (been looking into Mojo, Nord, Hammond-Suzuki, you know, the usual). I suspect price will be the real issue with these, though.

Sorry for being that guy who keeps reviving a bunch of old clonewheel threads. All y'all are real good to me!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

check out the diversi organ website , they are selling the mag organ , or at least an exact version of it ( made in the states ? , i cant say ) . i have the German made UHL x3-2 .

going on 4 years i think .has the same hx-3 sound engine , except for the shell all the hardware is right of the keyboard partner shelf , not as fancy as the MAG hardware , but

it's been trouble free . yea , the upper octave screams , doesn't have a thin bone in it's body . it strikes me as the most analog of all the clones . the MAG might have the edge

only because the x3's tapering makes it a tad more mid-rangy , least that's how i see it .

Elle King's keyboardist is touring with a single-manual MAG this summer, running through a Leslie 145 connected directly (his MAG is outfitted with a six-pin output). I had a chance to play it for a bit at soundcheck last week. It's a fantastic sounding and playing instrument! If I was in the market for a dedicated clone, it would be down to either something from MAG or something from the Viscount Legend line.

Yeah, the MAG C2 (called "The Duet" through Diversi), really looks like an ideal dedicated dual-manual clone for gigging, but at $3345 it's even more expensive than the Nord C2D.

The one with the preset keys and four drawbar sets is over the $4000 mark.

Still cheaper than both manuals of the XK5, though!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.