Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A change in plans. This is now a raffle.

Jim Soloway

EDIT 12/30/04 TICKET SALES ARE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

I just checked my morning e-mail and we more than sold out the remaining tickets over night. I know some people have mailed in payment and those will be added to the raffle drawing, but anything that comes in by PayPal after the next few minutes will not. I will add any stragglers to the donation, so if you'd like to make a contribution anyway, feel free.

Thank you all for you support and generosity. I'll give you both donation and drawing news as it becomes available.

If you'd like to make a donation directly to Mercy Corps, here's a link to their site. They're a great organiztion and they've been doing wonderful work for many years.

http://www.mercycorps.org/splash/

EDIT: I was originally going to do this as a sale, but a few of the gyus convinced me to do it as a raffle instead. So here's the deal. I'm going to raffle this guitar off. Tickets are $25 and everything over $1150 goes to Mercy Corps. So here's a shot at a Swan for $25 and a chance for everyone to do some good for a lot of people in trouble. Just send $25 by PayPal to jimsoloway@comcast.net. Designate it for the raffle and and I'll announce a winner as soon as I have enough entries. A special thanks to DiMarzio for donating the pickups. If anyone doesn't use PayPal just let me know and I'll tell you where to send a check.

I had put away a few bodies and necks to finish after the NAMM show, but like a lot of people, I feel compelled to do something to contribute to assist the victims of the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Asia. I decided that the most effective way that I could contribute would be to put this guitar up for sale now with a commitment to donate $1000 of the sale price to Mercy Corps, specifically to be applied towards their efforts to provide lifesaving aid and assistance to the survivors. For those who are interested, here is a link to the Mercy Corps site.

The guitar has an all swamp ash body and will be fully bound including the sound hole. The neck is 1-piece maple with a pau ferro fingerboard. The pickups will be a pair of DiMarzios with the buyers choice of EJ Customs, Blues Buckers or a combination of an Air Classic in the neck position and the Air Zone in the bridge.

The price is $2300 including shipping in the US. The buyer can decide the color, binding, hardware (chrome or black) and control configuration. It will be ready in approximately 8 to 10 weeks.

http://www.jimsoloway.com/Ash1Top-12-03-04.JPG

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FunkJazz:

Jim, this is not spam.

somebody get's the help they need, & somebody gets a terrfic guitar. i wish the whole world could work like that...

Ditto! :thu:

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

Originally posted by Jim Soloway:

[QB]EDIT: ...I'm going to raffle this guitar off. Tickets are $25 and everything over $1150 goes to Mercy Corps. So here's a shot at a Swan for $25 and a chance for everyone to do some good for a lot of people in trouble....b]

I'm in. Thanks for a good idea Jim. :)

I'm in, and of course I hope to win the raffle (sax the pic...),but the important thing is to get funds together, so tell your family, neighbours, friends, even your enemies and let's make this a 10x the price of the guitar thing
- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Originally posted by badblues:

I'm in, and of course I hope to win the raffle (sax the pic...),but the important thing is to get funds together, so tell your family, neighbours, friends, even your enemies and let's make this a 10x the price of the guitar thing

While I appreciate the support, I'm cutting this off at 100 tickets. I want this to be as fair as possible.

Originally posted by Dilligan:

Hey, if I enter my wife in and pledge another $25 would that be kosher :D ? She does play a *little* after all :D ...

As long as we don't go over 100 tickets you can enter as many names as you want. BTW, we're well oast half way already. We may be done by tomorrow.

I'm about to shut it down for night and as of now there are only 10 tickets left. All that in 8 1/2 hours. It's been an amazing day. I'm truly overwhelmed. I'll accept whatever comes in over night (and all the mail-ins) and in the morning I'll see if we've gone hit the limit yet and let you all know. Thanks to everyone for their generosity and support.

TICKET SALES ARE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

I just checked my morning e-mail and we more than sold out the remaining tickets over night. I know some people have mailed in payment and those will be added to the raffle drawing, but anything that comes in by PayPal after the next few minutes will not. I will add any stragglers to the donation, so if you'd like to make a contribution anyway, feel free.

Thank you all for you support and generosity. I'll give you both donation and drawing news as it becomes available.

If you'd like to make a donation directly to Mercy Corps, here's a link to their site. They're a great organiztion and they've been doing wonderful work for many years.

Jim,

I don't know if this is what the guitar will turn out like or not (looks like different wood and all), but i gotta say this is a real beauty:

http://www.jimsoloway.com/Koa4TitlePage.jpg

You have a very interesting website, and I enjoyed my visit there. Thankyou :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived