Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A change in plans. This is now a raffle.

Jim Soloway

Because I don't know how many entries are in the mail and so many came in overnight by PayPal, we actually ended up with over 100 entries. I won't know for sure until all the mail-ins arrive, but we have collected $2857 so far and I believe the total should end up in the neighborhood of $3000.

If you look back in the opening post I said "Tickets are $25 and everything over $1150 goes to Mercy Corps." At the moment, that means a donation of $1707 (far more than I had even contemplated) and I'll be delivering a check in that amount to the Mercy Corps offices tomorrow. Whatever else comes in will go to them in full, but given the nature of the emergency, I want to make the initial donation as quickly as possible.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their generosity and support.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Snaps fingers) Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. Damn, I woulda liked a chance to win that!

Hey, Jim, that's quite a thing you've done there! If you're not careful, people are gonna start saying nice things about you.

When I heard the news about that disaster from someone at work, my heart just sank.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Dilligan:

When do you think you will be annoucning the winner, Jim?

It'll be at least two weeks. Several people sent their entry by mail including a few from Canada, so I want to give everyone a chance. I've also considered doing the drawing as a NAMM event. In any case I'll anounce the plans for the drawing early next week.

Archived