Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you died today ...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]... which (living) songwriter would you want to write a tribute song about your death? I would have to pick Elton John/Bernie Taupin because of their past tribute work like "Candle in the Wind" and "Empty Garden" [sniff] :cry: [/b][/quote]That's a bit too wussy for me. I'd prefer to die a man, and be remembered like one. Yep, I'm an insensitive brute. I think I'd like the fire, complexity, and opus of Kansas/Tull/Yes. A 'songwriter' would only write a song.

[quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]... which (living) songwriter would you want to write a tribute song about your death? I would have to pick Elton John/Bernie Taupin because of their past tribute work like "Candle in the Wind" and "Empty Garden" [sniff] :cry: [/b][/quote]I'd have agreed right up to the moment I heard the re-write of "Candle In The Wind" done for Princess Diana. What a hack job of a classic song. Should've left that alone and written another, uniquie, tribute song in her memory. I'd love to have Kevin Gilbert of Toy Matinee write one. His "Turn It On Salvador", for Salvador Dali is amazing. Unfortunately, he doesn't qualify since he's worm food himself. Doh! :rolleyes:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver needs a new ...: [b]Randy Neuman[/b][/quote]I didn't know we're connected at the composer, Sylver. :D Randy Newman would be an incredible choice. Between Parenthood and Toy Story's 1 & 2, there are fantastic pieces of music that suggest he'd be a shoe-in for a wonderful requiem, instrumental or lyrical. For some reason, "When She Loved Me", from Toy Story 2 comes to mind. Talk about a requiem.. even if it is for the love of a child/adult for her doll. ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]... which (living) songwriter would you want to write a tribute song about your death? I would have to pick Elton John/Bernie Taupin because of their past tribute work like "Candle in the Wind" and "Empty Garden" [sniff] :cry: [/b][/quote]So which Elton John song to you want them to adapt for you? Personally, I'd hire someone who's capable of writing a song from scratch. I don't want no "used" song played at MY funeral. :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Sylver needs a new ...: [b]Randy Neuman[/b][/quote]I didn't know we're connected at the composer, Sylver. :D Randy Newman would be an incredible choice. Between Parenthood and Toy Story's 1 & 2, there are fantastic pieces of music that suggest he'd be a shoe-in for a wonderful requiem, instrumental or lyrical. For some reason, "When She Loved Me", from Toy Story 2 comes to mind. Talk about a requiem.. even if it is for the love of a child/adult for her doll. ;) [/b][/quote]Randy Newman would be my choice, too. "When She Loved Me"...damn, what a gorgeous song. Gives me chills when I hear it. Something on the order of "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" works, too. However, since there's no music played at a Jewish funeral, I'd have Mandy Patinkin perform the traditional service.

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]... which (living) songwriter would you want to write a tribute song about your death? I would have to pick Elton John/Bernie Taupin because of their past tribute work like "Candle in the Wind" and "Empty Garden" [sniff] :cry: [/b][/quote]So which Elton John song to you want them to adapt for you? Personally, I'd hire someone who's capable of writing a song from scratch. I don't want no "used" song played at MY funeral. :D [/b][/quote]I definitely don't want a re-worked version of either and would want EJ/BT to write a completely new song. I do agree about CitW being re-worked for Princess Di - I was referring more to Marilyn Monroe, the original tribute subject.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

[quote]Originally posted by mzeger: [b]...However, since there's no music played at a Jewish funeral, I'd have Mandy Patinkin perform the traditional service.[/b][/quote]Good point. Forget Patinkin, though. I'd have to track down the cantor who taught me my bar mitzvah torah and haftorah portions. His voice, and style are the best I've ever heard sing in Hebrew. ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

John Goodman on piano ,....like in King Ralph Gwyneth Paltrow vocals ,....like in Duets Micka Reeves on drums,...from the movie the Commitments The rasta genie with the puma sneakers from the commercial on bass Bill and Ted on guitar All backed by the nuns from sisteract I want Oprah and Ricky and Jenny Jones as groupies Songs they must sing at the cremation Light my fire Disco inferno hey hey goodbye(na na na na) Everybody gets hashieshbrownies and champagne,.. RIP BOOSHY

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

I want a collaboration by Sid Vicious and Joe Strummer, and if not that, an entire rock opera by the Who. :cool: DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived