Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Feel free to ask Myles

If they sound great then you are right ... does not matter what they are :)

Is this good enough to confirm, or do you still want the big pics emailed over? (Sorry about the crappy lighting)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/leepurnell/valve.jpg

It is hard to tell as I cannot see the upper mica and tell if the compression spring fingers are there.

Don't worry about it ... just play and enjoy.

Thanks mate

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

Haha Was just a bit curious :-) Thanks Myles.

Hope your having a good b-day!

Thanks .... having a great b'day

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

I usually post on the bass forum, so I'm not sure if this is where this one goes.

Bell Carillon 6V6 23 watt tube amp.

Bored today and scouring Craigslist.

Can you (or anyone else) tell me what this is and if it is worth $80? My Google skills aren't strong enough to give me any good info on this little nugget.

Sorry but I have no idea :)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Hey Myles,

A Fender Deluxe amp in brown tolex, circa 1954?

Do you know the output and possible value?

About 18 watts .... a classic ... an amazing amp. Value depends on a lot of things and they can range from about $1000 to over $2500 here in SoCal.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Thanks Myles,

It does have a sweet voice until cranked, then it has this awesome growl! The trem has a wide range of adjustability. Great little amp!

Just a quick side note when I was looking back at this ....

When you said circa 1954 I thought you were talking tweed deluxe. If this is brown tolex and has trem maybe we are talking Princeton or another amp. In any case .... Fender Brown Tolex amps are from the early sixties and would be a different value than what I guessed at when I thought it was a tweed deluxe.

If it is a Brown Deluxe or Priceton it is still a very wonderful amp in every way.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

If Myles contracted macrodegeration and went blind, and I took him on sight seeing trips and described everything for him...

...then..."I could see for Myles & Myles, I could see for Myles & Myles & Myles & Myles & Myles. ;):rawk:

Sorry Myles...just could resist a WHO lyric on that one. ;) :grin:

Faithfully submitted,

Randy :grin:

"Just play!"

If Myles contracted macrodegeration and went blind, and I took him on sight seeing trips and described everything for him...

...then..."I could see for Myles & Myles, I could for Myles & Myles & Myles & Myles & Myles. ;):rawk:

Sorry Myles...just could resist a WHO lyric on that one. ;) :grin:

Faithfully submitted,

Randy :grin:

Slight difference though ... you spelled my name right but I think in the song lyric sheet it is probably mIles :)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

HAHAHAHAHA...I hear ya'. :) :grin:

Thanks for putting up with my corny sense of humor. :grin:

Randy

Randy ...

Feel free to pick on me anytime. I am not too thin skinned after being married three times, shot twice, two airplane crashes (I was not the pilot!!!) and three kids :)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Thanks Myles,

It does have a sweet voice until cranked, then it has this awesome growl! The trem has a wide range of adjustability. Great little amp!

When you said circa 1954 I thought you were talking tweed deluxe. If this is brown tolex and has trem maybe we are talking Princeton or another amp. In any case .... Fender Brown Tolex amps are from the early sixties and would be a different value than what I guessed at when I thought it was a tweed deluxe.

If it is a Brown Deluxe or Priceton it is still a very wonderful amp in every way.

Yeah, thanks on that, too. Doc told me it's from the early '60's, but the elderly gent who owns it seems sure he bought it used in '60. And yeah, it's a Brown Deluxe.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Thanks Myles,

Yeah, thanks on that, too. Doc told me it's from the early '60's, but the elderly gent who owns it seems sure he bought it used in '60. And yeah, it's a Brown Deluxe.

Spectacular amp and the tone stack has been copied in some of the most repsected ultra high end amps made today.

Happy playing.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

By Myles... Randy ...

Feel free to pick on me anytime. I am not too thin skinned after being married three times, shot twice, two airplane crashes (I was not the pilot!!!) and three kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW...OMG!! :eek::thu:

You the man! :grin:

Randy

"Just play!"

By Myles... Randy ...

Feel free to pick on me anytime. I am not too thin skinned after being married three times, shot twice, two airplane crashes (I was not the pilot!!!) and three kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW...OMG!! :eek::thu:

You the man! :grin:

Randy

Most days I am lucky ... some days I am not :)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Thanks Myles,

Spectacular amp and the tone stack has been copied in some of the most repsected ultra high end amps made today.

Happy playing.

Thanks, Myles

This is great news!

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Thanks Myles,

Happy playing.

Thanks, Myles

This is great news!

That amp is a keeper. Happy playing

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Myles: I know you love Hermida's Zendrive, but I wanted to ask you: have you ever tried a Menatone Howie pedal? I have the Zendrive and love it, too, but I was just curious about the Menatone. Thanks!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Myles: I know you love Hermida's Zendrive, but I wanted to ask you: have you ever tried a Menatone Howie pedal? I have the Zendrive and love it, too, but I was just curious about the Menatone. Thanks!

Have not tried it. But in the end, pedals are very much personal taste.

One friend of mine, Carl Verheyen (www.carlverheyen.com) has 150+ distortion pedals. Then again he is a guy you hear everyday if you turn on a TV, radio, watch a movie, etc.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Myles, on my 1962 Fender Pro Amp I have half the volume on my Trem channel? on the normal channel it is crazy loud and on the Tremlo channel it is about half? The Trem channel is not distorted and sounds great tone wise but just not as loud as the normal channel? Thanks Myles...LEE

Replace V2 for a start and test all other preamp tubes if you can.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Hi Myles,

I bought a 9 year old uk, handwired ac30tb/6 with bluebacks just a few weeks ago, and I love it. I do have one minor complaint. The amp gets rather noisy when I push the brilliant channel past even 2 o'clock. Is there anything wrong here, anything I could do?

I did figure out one way to get more of a ringing tone out of the amp, with less noise: instead of patching guitar->normal->brilliant and pushing the brilliant channel, going guitar->brilliant->normal, with the brilliant channel merely on and the normal pushing the tone. That way you still get the bell tone.

Anyways, if anyone knows how to remove the buzz/noise from the brilliant channel, let me know!

On a sidenote: how much is one of these in almost mint sounding condition, with a little wear on the grille?

Hi Myles,

I bought a 9 year old uk, handwired ac30tb/6 with bluebacks just a few weeks ago, and I love it. I do have one minor complaint. The amp gets rather noisy when I push the brilliant channel past even 2 o'clock. Is there anything wrong here, anything I could do?

I did figure out one way to get more of a ringing tone out of the amp, with less noise: instead of patching guitar->normal->brilliant and pushing the brilliant channel, going guitar->brilliant->normal, with the brilliant channel merely on and the normal pushing the tone. That way you still get the bell tone.

Anyways, if anyone knows how to remove the buzz/noise from the brilliant channel, let me know!

On a sidenote: how much is one of these in almost mint sounding condition, with a little wear on the grille?

Many of the newer handwired amps from that era had grounding issues. The amp needs to see a techs bench as it could be many things.

As far as the value ... check Ebay. It is always changing.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Many of the newer handwired amps from that era had grounding issues. The amp needs to see a techs bench as it could be many things.

Hmm.. Okay, I'll take it there, and ask the guy i bought it from. It's bearable, I was just wondering whether thats normal or not. Ebay actually doesnt have any :). Guess I really do have a rarity on my hands. :D

It is not normal if it does not sound like an Ac30/6

Check completed auctions on ebay not just current ones.

Hmm.. Okay, I'll take it there, and ask the guy i bought it from. It's bearable, I was just wondering whether thats normal or not. Ebay actually doesnt have any :). Guess I really do have a rarity on my hands. :D

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr