Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg addict?

dalpozlead

Knowing that it will take a long time for me to have a triton extreme (even used tritons in Brazil = $$$$$) and that Im addicted to the korg joystick + want to have a great synth key action I assume that an used 01/W is the only solution to my case. (hopefully not getting one with the sticking keys)

So the question is if that synth can surprise me for the LEADS and PADS patches or do you guys spot another possibility?

Boy, I am unable to make up my mind on this.:-)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a 01/wr ( rack) and be happy

Or Hold out for a Triton. I have 2 of them- maybe if you set me up in Brazil I will bring my Classic 61 with me

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Most Roland's also use a joystick. It has a different feel than the Korg, and the Roland stick is not the same on all keyboard models. Fantom, 76, Fantom S and Fantom X have a better throw on the mod axis. The RD700SX uses the old type stick for some unknown reason. This is the stick that was on the JV and XP line with a very short movement on the Modulation axis. While some do not like the Roland because even the new stick has a shorter throw on the Modulation axis than the Korg, I like it for pitch bends because it springs back faster than the Korg stick. I can do some very quick guitar licks on the Roland that I cannot do on the Korg and especially not on the Motif.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I've been using an N364 for quite some time now. Has some really nice sounds. It's newer than the 01/W, so the synth engine is a bit more up-to-date. And it has the Korg joystick.

I've always loved the Korg joystick, because the pitch bend/mod movements seem more natural. It has a lot more throw that any Roland I've ever had my hands on, so it's easier to be more expressive.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Hey Jerry Kovarsky:

I've always wondered; how the heck did Korg come up with the name "N364" for a keyboard? (Yes, I know it's one better than "N363". :D ) It's just that more than any other synth I can think of, that name evokes absolutely nothing to me. (Second place probably goes to the O1/W.)

Hey Keyboard Magazine: How about an inside look at how various famous synths got their names?

Happy Holidays!

The 01/W name actually made sense at the time. It combined the technology of the M1/T1 and the Wavestation. I always wanted one, but by the time my M1 was stolen, they were unavailable, and the N364 was out.

The naming system the Korg used at the time is no more confusing to me than the Roland naming convention. Someone can tell me they have such and such a model number, and I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Maybe it's because I've never really cared much for Roland gear.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived