Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

All U2 all the time now...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL! Well, here in Atlanta we have an oldies station that just changed its format, so another station is apparently about to switch to the oldies format. In the meantime, they're playing all Beatles and have been for the last few days. Wonder what'll be next!

This is an interesting approach---rather than playing a mixed-bag of entertainers on a semi-regular, rotating basis, play everything by a single artist (actually, I think I'll start calling them [i]entities[/i]) in a single stretch then move on... I wonder how this goes for the advertisers (remember, they're the reason radio is there in the first place)...

[quote]Originally posted by george costanza: [b]This is an interesting approach---rather than playing a mixed-bag of entertainers on a semi-regular, rotating basis, play everything by a single artist (actually, I think I'll start calling them [i]entities[/i]) in a single stretch then move on... I wonder how this goes for the advertisers (remember, they're the reason radio is there in the first place)...[/b][/quote]Oh, I think they're using it as a spin-up gimmick. Haven't heard any ads yet! They're just trying to get everyone's attention, and then they'll be just like all the other stations out there.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived