Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video of Chick Corea & Hiromi Uehara performing Spain

NYKeys

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting to become a Hiromi fan more and more. One thing that I noticed is that they play everything pretty much the same live as they did on the album.

Too Bad she didn't have the NORD when she came to Columbus I would have loved to have heard Return of the Kung Fu Fighter live.

Chick is Chick.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Wow that was amazing. I love these duets. That was very inspiring. Time to pull this tune out again (Spain) for practice.

There's another one with Chick and Rubalcaba doing a duet. I have the track but I said the performance on TV (at the Blue Note). Amazing as well as Rubalcaba is quite a virtuoso. Apparently, Chick wanted to use Herbie, but Herbie was busy so he chose Rubalcaba to sub.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

There's another one with Chick and Rubalcaba doing a duet. I have the track but I said the performance on TV (at the Blue Note). Amazing as well as Rubalcaba is quite a virtuoso. Apparently, Chick wanted to use Herbie, but Herbie was busy so he chose Rubalcaba to sub.

I think this one is on the Chick DVD ...

http://www.amazon.com/Chick-Corea-Rendezvous-New-York/dp/B000A59Q0U/sr=8-2/qid=1162470240/ref=sr_1_2/002-9767933-9936851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Amazing. Well worth the price of admission. The trio with Patitucci and Weckl is also brilliant.

Jerry

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

Wow that was amazing. I love these duets. That was very inspiring. Time to pull this tune out again (Spain) for practice.

Rubalcaba def put that Cuban fire on Spain.

Looks like the same people shot the video for the Hiromi/Chick Spain and Rubalcaba/Chick Spain.

On Hiromi/Chick Vid:

The Split Camera angle is so cool and shows the different hand position and technique used by the two.

I also loved that overhead Angle.

My Music Page

It was amazing how they react to each other play. Think of how good their ears are (same with Rubalcaba). Yes and very visible from the split camera view.

I think the Rubalcaba one should be on DVD. I have part of Corea's "Rendezvous in New York" CD. There must be one with Rubalcaba in it since I saw two parts of the entire Blue Note set. And it's a very long piece so a lot more to enjoy. I've seen it on BET J several times. It's really fun to watch this in high resolution DVD to watch their fingers closely.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Originally posted by cnegrad:

Rubalcaba def put that Cuban fire on Spain.
Is this one on YouTube? If so, please point me to the url. Thanks.
Although the poster posted this as Rubalcaba It looks like someone else? here is a Cuban Version of Giant Steps.

Check out the solo around the 2:30 mark..... Smooookin

My Music Page

Archived