Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL Survival Pool 2006

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

I had a lucky break. As tempting as it was to ride the "anyone playing Houston or Oakland" train all the way to the station, I figured it was time to jump off for a week and find another loser to pick against. Like Cleveland.

'Jay is still sitting on an unused Chicago pick. They play at home vs. the 49ers. Maybe I should just concede the title to him now?

I play in another Survival pool through my Fantasy league. One of the Guys made the same point as you Mark and that coupled with the fact that I was picking Arizona made me want to switch so I did. But I took the Jets instead. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way!

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Jay is still sitting on an unused Chicago pick. Maybe I should just concede the title to him now?

If you did, I would be sooo appreciative sir. Really I would be. Prolly the only way I'll win anywho.. Been bad at this for years! :wave:
TROLL . . . ish.

Well, I'll be hanging around to watch. Remember last year 4 of us, if I recall correctly, made it double digits (DaBowsa, RadioSpace, Still Learning, and me, right?) Then daBowsa and I battled it out till the last week of the regular season.

I hope this one goes on a while goes a while.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I told my friend about survivor picks and he was intrigued and decided to give it a go. He decided to join a yahoo survival league last week and this week was the groups first week of picking. Him and his whole group of 25 participants were all elimated this week. Kinda reminds me of week one last year.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Yes, we battled until week 16, so don't burn that Chicago pick just yet (unless you have/want to, of course).

Even though I was eliminated last week, I had the next few picks mapped out. This week was Jacksonville, so even if I had squeaked through, I'd have been part of the carnage.

I guess the lesson to learn from this year is "its as likely that a team will go 0-16 as it is that a team will 16-0."

qed.

Originally posted by daBowsa:

I guess the lesson to learn from this year is "its as likely that a team will go 0-16 as it is that a team will 16-0."

Since 1950, the only NFL teams to have played a whole season without a victory have been the 1960 Dallas Cowboys (0-11-1) and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14). ( Source )

Originally posted by Dan South:

Best of luck to Mecca and MarkZ!!

+1

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Time to pick

In honor of die hard Giants fan, Magpel, I'm going with the G-men. May as well go down swinging with a NY* team.

* my local Buffalo Bills have a bye this week, but it's not as though they are a good pick any week

Well, thanks. It's the Barber Bowl. Here's hoping this newfound NYG consistency has staying power.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I'll take The Steelers...

I've decided to risk that Batch/Ward will be more potent than Walters/Moss.

And that the Pittsburgh potent passing attack will outweigh the Raiders #5 ranked defense.

Mostly I'm risking(and hoping) that the Steelers 2-4 debacle is less charateristic than Oakland's 1-5 debacle.

TROLL . . . ish.

WEEK EIGHT

==

Meccajay

Philadelphia won

San Diego won

Carolina won

Dallas won

New England won

Denver won

Indianapolis won

Pittsburgh

Mark Zeger

New England won

Indianapolis won

Baltimore won

Philadelphia won

Chicago won

Dallas won

Denver won

New York Giants

==

There it is.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Congratulations to Mark Zeger on winning the KC 2006 Survivor Pool! :thu:

I really figured both you and Meccajay's picks were solid for week 8.

I still cannot believe the Steelers lost to the Raiders. :eek:

Congrats to MJ on 2nd place. :)

Now, let's see how Pro Pick'em works out. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Sending out a hearty congratulations to the champion and master of the '06 survival pool - Mark Zeger :freak:

Here's to enjoying your victory sir, and holding up the distinguised cup of victory! Do let it sink in and enjoy!

Sorry I wasn't a more honorable opponent.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Sending out a hearty congratulations to the champion and master of the '06 survival pool - Mark Zeger :freak:

Here's to enjoying your victory sir, and holding up the distinguised cup of victory! Do let it sink in and enjoy!

Sorry I wasn't a more honorable opponent.

Thank you, 'Jay.

I had more than a little help from the TB receiving corps. How many dropped balls did TB have yesterday? Probably 2 touchdowns' worth.

Originally posted by jackpine:

Originally posted by Big Bird:

Wow, it ended so quickly ... how about we start it up again for the 2nd half??!!

Can't hurt...... :D
Yes, it can.

The pool doesn't work if you know how the teams are playing. The pool needs to start at the beginning of the season.

Once it's over, it's over.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

New England won

Indianapolis won

Baltimore won

Philadelphia won

Chicago won

Dallas won

Denver won

New York Giants won

Not a bad pick list at all. :thu:

Actually, this ended up being my "pick against" list and there seems to be a pattern:

vs. Buffalo

vs. Houston

vs. Cleveland

vs. Green Bay

vs. Buffalo

vs. Houston

vs. Cleveland

vs. Tampa Bay (I thought Gradowski's streak couldn't make it through the Meadowlands)

The Bills training camp is 5 minutes from my house and my station is a sponsor. I take clients with their kids to watch practice sessions. You could tell during the summer that this wasn't likely to be a winning season.

Just don't ever ask me to make picks with/against point spreads.

Oh, I knew that, Dave ... I was just kidding. I've got plenty of action with my fantasy team (first place) and a pick-em game.

That said, the idea that it would somehow be significantly easier now that we "know how the teams are playing" ... not sure about that. Virtually all of us got knocked out several weeks in when we THOUGHT we knew what was going on. The upsets have just piled up the past three weeks.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to going all the way next year.

Speaking of, dare I believe my Giants are for real and could go all the way?

Nah ...

Archived