Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pretty new toy

Dave Bryce

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stepay:

How many pages is the manual? :)

There isn't one. :eek:

Really. Ken Macbeth never written one. I'm having to figure it out as I go. It's an interesting challenge, but I'm into it.

Erik Norlander, who's a bit into the modular thing (WARNING - do NOT click on that link unless you're sitting down) was kind enough over the other day and help me figure a bunch of it out.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Just curious, but are you allowed to say "Macbeth" outloud? Bad luck for a theater actor to say it, so I was just wondering.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by 09:

Dave, we need a pic with you in front of it so we can truly realize the scale.

Why-are you tracking Dave's girth management? :D

Congrats Dave - I'd love to hear one some time. Does he do winter NAMM? Enjoy :thu::cool:

Here's a question about the Macbbeth modular while I'm thinking of it: How does one "play" or control a real analog modular synth? I don't mean how to create a patch, but how to play it. I don't see keys on it anywhere. My guess would be that you'd have to connect some sort of external MIDI controller. But doesn't an analog synth use VCOs to create the pitch rather than MIDI numbers to identify notes? How does this interface work?

Originally posted by Jessica T:

Here's a question about the Macbbeth modular while I'm thinking of it: How does one "play" or control a real analog modular synth? I don't mean how to create a patch, but how to play it. I don't see keys on it anywhere. My guess would be that you'd have to connect some sort of external MIDI controller. But doesn't an analog synth use VCOs to create the pitch rather than MIDI numbers to identify notes? How does this interface work?

I use a Kenton Pro Solo Mk II , Jessica.

Check it out - the web site explains it.

dB

so many knobs/faders...

so little time

hope you'll make some fantastic music with your new toy, and post some in the future :thu:

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Originally posted by Carbon111:

Don't you have, like, rent or property tax or some of the things the rest of us mortals have to deal with? :P

You ain't exactly what I'd call synth-deprived, brother James... ;)

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Erik Norlander, who's a bit into the modular thing (WARNING - do NOT click on that link unless you're sitting down) was kind enough over the other day and help me figure a bunch of it out.

dB

I clicked the link! :D Omigosh!

I thought I was looking at the Computer Mainframe room back in the 70's! Does he need special cooling and A/C to keep all that running :D

What about the power surge when everything is turned on?

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Archived