Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Would you play with this guy for $64k

MidLifeCrisis

A friend of mine sent me an ad for a band looking for a keyboard player. The pay was listed as $64,000.

My question. Would you play with this guy for that money?

http://www.joeycasella.com

Hope this isn't a violation of forum policy. I found it to be hillarious.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no no, I'm in a metal band, my soul's bought and sold as is!

In all seriousness though, if I could play for that goob and not have it interfere with the band I've got, I'd be all for it. I'd rather play music I don't like than work at a job I don't like :P Plus, we need a touring van and we need studio money. Wouldn't be bad to hold that gig for a few months and get some bank. I assure you, I'd use the cash for Cursed Eternity, not for Johnny Mc Goober.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

I looked at his webpage. Way too much Korg, and too crappy arrangements. This is like a mix of the worst song ever thread and the song they just will not play thread. I think working for this guy would be a nightmare. Hey, I'm 62 years old, and that stuff is too 'mickey' for me, and the crowd too old! I'd rather play for tips somewhere else, like on a Bourbon Street corner, or an east Dallas beer joint. Gives me the willienelsons!!! :freak:
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Originally posted by StillFightingIt:

You guy's better hope he's not a member of this forum!

lol, that could get interesting...

The Ad said he was looking for a keyboard player.

Of course these is nothing that says he cant be a member of the guitar forum who drops in here.

:o

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

If I could support my family on $64,000.00, I would do it. I bet it requires some chops and a ton of focus and patience. Even the lamest musical is an intricate affair.

"For instance" is not proof.

Yeah, I'd do it.....kinda cheesy, but for 64K I could do cheese.

BD

1956 Hammond C3 with Leslie 122, Roland V-Combo, Trek II Preamp, Peavey KB 100, 1976 Natural Maple Rickenbacker 4001S bass

And yes folks, I do gig with a Casio WK 3700...So there!

I'm always saying that I'd like a situation where I could play music, and not have a day job.

Truth is, though, my day job is pretty damn good. I'm not sure I'd walk away from it for that particular gig.

I've found that it's really hard to judge hypothetically what I would do in an actual real-life situation. If the guy offers me the gig, I'll let you know what I decide. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Archived