Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So guys which teams have the best uniforms, colors, logo, best looking ect.?

I'd vote for the Raiders and Chargers. I think the Lions have some real potential but they look so blah. What's funny to me about the whole uniform thing is how many women like the colors of the Miami Dolphins.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

At 1-4, I was just about to decide that the Packers are a worse team than the .500 club I thought they would be.

Then, I realized that the four teams they lost to have a combined record of 17-3 (one 5-0 team and three 4-1 teams). So, while I really don't expect a Super Bowl victory for Green Bay this year, maybe things aren't as bad as they look.

The real test will come during the three weeks following this week's bye when Green Bay faces opponents with a combined record of 4-11. If the Packers can beat those teams, there's hope for a respectable season yet.

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

So guys which teams have the best uniforms, colors, logo, best looking ect.?

Call me a classicist -- NYG, Bears, Vikings, Browns, Packers if I'm feeling a little flambeauxant.

For "AFL-style," Chargers are awesome. It's all about Lance Allworth.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

A wee bit OT: PLAY ALONG IF YOU WANT:

What are the 5 WORST losses in your history as a sports fan? To make this list, the loss should have cost you a night of sleep or at least some protracted abdominal discomfort. It should remain an active wound, too. All sports allowed. Two of mine come from the NFL

5. Sac Kings losing game 6, and then 7 to the Lakers. I'm not even a Kings fan (though I did enjoy the Bibby-Webber Kings in their brief prime). I'm a passionate Laker hater, but more, game 6 will be remembered forever as the single worst case of biased officiating, outside of the WWF, in any sports event and the brith of a thousand conspiracy theories. Ugh, it was awful to watch.

4. Jim Everett bomb to Flipper Anderson in OT, Giants lose to Rams in the playoffs. Can't even remeber the year. '88 or '89. Parcells' second best Giants team. Mighta gone all the way.

3. 'Niners ridiculous 2nd half comeback against the Giants in the first round a few years back, culminating in the botched FG snap. It would be hard to imagine a worse half for any football team. Effectively the end of the Collins/Fassell era.

2. Yankee dynasty ends with Mo on the hill in Arizona. An error, a bloop, and bango. The unthinkable. That was the end of that great Yankee team and thus the beginning of the current embarrassment.

and in sole possession of first place by a mile, my worst ever loss as a sports fan is....

1. Keith Smart and Indiana beating my beloved Syracuse Orangemen in heartbreaking fashion in the '87 NCAA basketball tournament. That one upset me for a good long time...pretty much up until Carmelo and the boys redeemed it with the championship win over Kansas.

Originally posted by Magpel:

...will be remembered forever as the single worst case of biased officiating, outside of the WWF, in any sports event and the brith of a thousand conspiracy theories. Ugh, it was awful to watch.

That must be Super Bowl XL you're talking about.

Go stealers. :rolleyes:

What are the 5 WORST losses in your history as a sports fan?

I can easily think of five (or 50), but I'll only mention one:

http://myspace-441.vo.llnwd.net/00409/14/47/409177441_m.gif

Tuck. Rule.

Enough said.

- Jeff

1) Bucky Fu^&*ing Dent

2) Ball goes through Bill Buckner's legs.

3) Len Bias dies of an overdose the day after being drafted by the Celtics

4) Alexander Belov scores as the USSR beats the USA after the referees restart the game 3 times.

5) 1976 (?). Sugar Bear Hamilton called for a phantom (really a pure bullcrap call) roughing the passer call on Ken Stabler as time runs out. Oakland gets another play as it was a defensive penalty. Raiders score and go on to the Supr Bowl

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I can think of a few.. don't know the order.

1) Eagles Superbowl loss to Raiders, 27-10(Jan 1981).

2) Titans Superbowl loss to Rams 23-16(Jan 2000)

3) UNLV loss to Duke 1990 (lost money on that one)

4) Titans Championship loss to Patriots, 17-14(Jan '04).

5) Eagles superbowl loss to Patriots, 24-21(Feb '05).

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

1) Bucky Fu^&*ing Dent

2) Ball goes through Bill Buckner's legs.

3) Len Bias dies of an overdose the day after being drafted by the Celtics

4) Alexander Belov scores as the USSR beats the USA after the referees restart the game 3 times.

5) 1976 (?). Sugar Bear Hamilton called for a phantom (really a pure bullcrap call) roughing the passer call on Ken Stabler as time runs out. Oakland gets another play as it was a defensive penalty. Raiders score and go on to the Supr Bowl

Is your real name Bill Simmons? ;)

I do have to say, I've seen this sequence of events analyzed by the microsecond many times, and while it was totally bizarre, the refs kept getting the time wrong! In so doing they gave the USSR multiple cracks at the miracle. I don't think it was biased officiating, just wildly inept.

Is your real name Bill Simmons? ;)

Simmon's is the only writer I have seen who can accurately reflect the agony of being a Boston sports fan.

But with the Patriots success and the Red Sox finally winning the series we can now hand that torch over to Philly.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

I do have to say, I've seen this sequence of events analyzed by the microsecond many times, and while it was totally bizarre, the refs kept getting the time wrong! In so doing they gave the USSR multiple cracks at the miracle. I don't think it was biased officiating, just wildly inept.
Along with the Miracle on Ice, this is the other Olympic moment which I can never forget. Like the Kennedy assasination, we will never know the truth. It just seems impossible that they could make the same mistake 3 times.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

4. Jim Everett bomb to Flipper Anderson in OT, Giants lose to Rams in the playoffs. Can't even remeber the year. '88 or '89. Parcells' second best Giants team. Mighta gone all the way.

That game had two distinct memories for me.

One was the Rams first offensive series. LT (the original) was banged up. I believe he had a broken foot and a separated shoulder. Or maybe a fractured foot and bruised ribs? Whatever it was, any other player would have been done for the year.

Well, in that first series, LT sacked Everett not once, but twice, and forced a fumble. Giants Stadium was rocking with the loud chants of LT! LT LT!

He pretty much died out after the Rams decided to block him.

The second memory was Simms throwing an INT; right before the half that went for a Rams TD. I bet Parcells remembers it very well. Simms too. They could have sat on it, it was deep in their own territory, yada, yada, yada.

Two other bad sport games for me include:

The Knicks- Ya gotta dunk that Sh$t!

Charles Smith missing over and over and over and over.

Patrick Ewing and the finger roll. 7' 2". Finger roll. :rolleyes:

Probably the worst Charger loss was to the Houston Oilers in the 1979 playoffs. The 79 Chargers were generally thought to be the most balanced of the Air Coryell era teams and thus had the best shot at winning a Super Bowl, if they got there. Unfortunately in that fateful game, Dan Fouts was intercepted 5 times.

The Chargers defense disintegrated over the next few years as talented players such as Fred Dean left for the 49ers and not much effort was expended in replacing that lost talent.

The SuperBowl lost hurt at the time, but that 94 team got there with a lot of luck rather than sheer talent. Nobody was going to beat the 94 49ers.

Good luck to your Packers, Geoff! Miami and Arizona should be winnable for you.

Thanks for all the love for our AFL-era throwback unis! Rumor has it the Chargers will sport the 1981 Air Coryell-era unis sometime this year - possibly against the Browns.

One of my all time worse lossess, staying within the NFL: Immaculate recepion by Franco, great play, goood for Steelers fan, :mad: for Raiders Fans like me.

Worse loss outside of Football: SF Giants losing the World Series to the Angels. I thought we had it during game 6, man that one hurt. :cry:

- Rush

SF Giants losing the World Series to the Angels. I thought we had it during game 6, man that one hurt. :cry:

Are you kidding, that was one of the 5 greatest!!!

The Giants start celebrating a little too early (kind of like the sac queens in 2002) but wait... that's not all...

...and the rest is history. :D:thu:

Originally posted by meccajay:

Damn I forgot one of my ALL TIME worst losses..

Sugar Ray Leonard defeats Hagler

*mysterious fight to say the least*

Damn

I saw that fight on a projection screen at an arena. Clearly Hagler won nearly every round in that fight and hurt Leonard a couple of times. this was one of the all time robberies. But its par for the course in boxing.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by GovernorSilver:

Good luck to your Packers, Geoff! Miami and Arizona should be winnable for you.

Thanks, GovernorSilver! I think Green Bay is good enough to get past those two, maybe even Buffalo as well, although the Bills have improved and are possibly even better than their 2-3 record would indicate.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Wanna hear something funny? The early games have just come to a close. For the rest of the football weekend Jay is the only one whos stands to gain or lose anything in our pick 'em pool. His KC-over-Pitt is the only, he ONLY- dissenting, non-majority pick in all remaining games. Otherwise, unanimity.

Wanna hear something funny? The early games have just come to a close. For the rest of the football weekend Jay is the only one whos stands to gain or lose anything in our pick 'em pool. His KC-over-Pitt is the only, he ONLY- dissenting, non-majority pick in all remaining games. Otherwise, unanimity.

I noticed that as well. Looks like everyone but Jay will pick up a point on that one.

p.s. What a Seahawks game!!! ...and what a Saints game!!! :thu::thu:

Posted by Magpel:

That is interesting. I switched two of my picks and they both wound up losing. :(

- Rush

That is interesting. I switched two of my picks and they both wound up losing. :(

That happens every time I switch picks.

BTW, I think the New Orleans win is pick of the week.

Archived