Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

I have to admit, despite all the obvious mental issues that TO has exhibited over the years, I'm still pretty shocked he attempted suicide. But 1) I don't know the guy, only what I see on TV, and 2) there could be other issues in his personal life that have nothing to do with his football life.

Pretty sad, if it's all true. Per the initial reprts, it would seem to be that way. :(

- Jeff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

argh, it now seems unlikely that we'll ever get a straight story on the Owens thing. The Dallas Police Dept. Now denies ever making the original report that Owens answered in the affirmative when asked if he was tryingto do himself harm.

When it gets to this point, I just say, let it go. Now we'll never know, and I don't see the value inspeculating. If he is depressed suicidal, I feel for the guy and wish him the best. If not, good.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I have to admit, despite all the obvious mental issues that TO has exhibited over the years, I'm still pretty shocked he attempted suicide. But 1) I don't know the guy, only what I see on TV, and 2) there could be other issues in his personal life that have nothing to do with his football life.

I agree Jeff. This took me by surprise as well. Maybe TO is reall a :freak: after all. Regardless, if this is true I hope he gets the help he needs.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Growing up T.O.

Somewhere along the line, there's should have been some help for someone like T.O. who's had an obvious problem for some time.

*edit*

Now that we supposedly know that T.O. has(allegedly) not tried to commit suicide, I still stand by the fact that he's a prime candidate for professional counciling. At least it will help avoid possible events like this from coming to fruition.

TROLL . . . ish.

Tip for Tom Coughlin:

Week 5's pre-game pep talk should go like this.

"OK men, it was a tough first half, now we have to get out there and play some football! We're down by 78 points and it's time to show our game. Let's get out there and play 30 minutes of football, NY Giants-style!"

If he gets them to believe it's the second half, it should be smooth sailing.

:D

Originally posted by RABid:

The Pick'em race is pretty tight. 2 points seperating the top 8, and only 5 points difference from top to bottom.

Speaking as one of the people holding up the bottom ( :mad: ), I say that I'm feeling more confident about my ability to make reasonably mediocre picks for the rest of the year.

I could even finish in the middle somewhere! Yay! :D

- Jeff

A well designed publicity stunt done by TO to get more face time on TV!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Posted by Dan L:

A well designed publicity stunt done by TO to get more face time on TV!

Makes you think doesn't it? I wonder if on some level if this is true? Is this TO's real problem that he has to be in the spotlight? Interesting to ponder. Ok I'm done back to football!

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Hey yall,

All I can say about TO is thanks to him and maybe Cincy's off-field problems, the arrest of Charger strong safety Terrence Kiel flew under the national radar. He was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (codeine-based cough syrup) with intent to distribute. Apparently mixing this type of syrup with other substances is the rage among the youth in Texas, his home state:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060928-9999-1s28chargers.html

He was looking much improved his pass coverage, and was back to his old self against the run (he's no Rodney Harrison, but solid), so this is unfortunate. The guy got shot right after he was drafted, so this latest arrest makes some of us wonder if that earlier incident was a deal gone bad.

I hope Eli and Shockey bounce back, as I have them both on my fantasy team. I must be one of the few Charger fans who bear no ill will against Eli - the Eli Manning trade netted us Shawne Merriman (exciting young OLB, amazing power to go with speed), Nate Kaeding (solid, accurate kicker), Roman Oben (reliable vet left tackle who did a fine job until we could draft Marcus McNeil), and Philip Rivers (young starting QB).

No doubt Chicago-Seattle will be a fun matchup to watch. I of course will be watching SD at Baltimore. No doubt the rest of the nation outside of SD is predicting a Baltimore win on account of Rivers' lack of experience and the expectation they will shut down our running game (currently #2 in the NFL at 217 yds/game). We still have Tomlinson of course, but now we have Michael Turner coming off the bench and taking advantage of defenses who are unprepared for him, as he is a different style of RB (has speed and burst like LT, not quite LT's repertoire of lateral moves, but more size). There's been talk of double tailback sets with both LT and Turner ont the field, but we haven't seen them yet. Maybe this game?

This should be a hard fought, low-scoring game, that will be decided by one or two big plays in which someone is caught off-guard. Quite a chess match between Ravens' defensive coordinator Ryan and Chargers' offensive coordinator Cameron. On the other sides of the ball, the Ravens have respectable skill players and McNair against our front 7 that is equally skilled at defending the run and pressuring the QB. We are ranked #1 vs. the pass, but frankly our secondary hasn't been tested yet, though the leadership of new safety Marlon McCree seems to have brought newfound confidence and aggressiveness to that long beleaguered unit. As far as special teams, they have a great returner while we counter with a punter who has an unreal hang time.

Originally posted by GovernorSilver:

No doubt the rest of the nation outside of SD is predicting a Baltimore win on account of Rivers' lack of experience and the expectation they will shut down our running game (currently #2 in the NFL at 217 yds/game).

Speaking as someone from "the nation outside of SD" (albeit not far outside), I like the Chargers in this game. While Philip Rivers lacks the football experience Steve McNair has, he has a lot more experience with San Diego's offense and playbook than McNair has with the Ravens'. Also the Chargers are better rested, coming off of a bye week; and Cleveland managed to find holes last week in the Ravens defense that San Diego could exploit. Of course, McNair is one of the all-time greats and Baltimore has the home field advantage, so I wouldn't be surprised if they won; but I'm picking the Chargers this week.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

It's definitely going to be a test of wills. They both have super-aggressive defenses and power running games. Biggest difference is the age factor - San Diego is young and energetic. Baltimore across the board is definitely approaching AARP status. That could be the difference-maker...

looking over the group picks at the pickem pool, I thin it is gonna be hard ot makie ground tis week. There are

4 unanimous picks,

3 13-1 picks

3 12-2 picks

2 11-3

That leaves only 2 "muddled" games (Sea-Chi, Buf-Minn). If there are not major upsets, status quo should pretty much hold, which is bad news for people toward the bottom, like me.

It seems like Jeff and ProfD have the best chance at absolute gain against the leaders, should their ships come in, but even so, their prospects are pretty modest.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

It seems like Jeff and ProfD have the best chance at absolute gain against the leaders, should their ships come in, but even so, their prospects are pretty modest.

Hee hee! Go Houston! :thu:

- Jeff

"The Panthers got a break to take the early lead. Delhomme threw a 15-yard pass over the middle that Johnson bobbled at the 9-yard line. The officials ruled it a catch, and Delhomme quickly got the team to the line of scrimmage and tossed a slant pass to Smith for a touchdown on the next play.

Replays later showed the ball hit the ground before Johnson got control, but Carolina had a 7-0 lead."

The Saints got robbed.

Archived