Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Please note that the Packers' all-time leading scorer, Ryan Longwell, kicked the winning field goal for Minnesota tonight.

And today as well plus, he passed for the touchdown that tied the game and sent it into overtime.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

wow! Did I say WOW? The NYG stole one today. They dominated the 4th and OT and the Eagles did absolutely nothing to put it away.

If we play that every week, we will lose far more than we win, but just the same that's pretty darn close to a season saving win for the Giants today.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

wow! Did I say WOW? The NYG stole one today. They dominated the 4th and OT and the Eagles did absolutely nothing to put it away.

True. The Eagles O didn't really do much at all in either the fourth quarter or the OT period, and the Giants totally stepped up and got the job done.

Bummer. Nice win, Mags...

Did I mention the awful smell coming from Baltimore? :rolleyes:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Did I mention the awful smell coming from Baltimore?

Almost as bad as the smell from Atlanta. The Raiders have scored more points this year than the Yucs.

The Titans also appear to be one of the armpit teams of the league at this point.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Did I mention the awful smell coming from Baltimore?

Almost as bad as the smell from Atlanta. The Raiders have scored more points this year than the Yucs.

The Titans also appear to be one of the armpit teams of the league at this point.

At least the Packers tied it up briefly before they lost. Then again, they lost at Lambeau field to New Orleans not exactly a championship caliber team.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

I'm looking for an AMEN from the Raiders fans out there... WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THEY THINKING bringing Kerry F***ing Collins in to start in Tennessee?!?!?!

Originally posted by Griffinator:

WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THEY THINKING bringing Kerry F***ing Collins in to start in Tennessee?!?!?!
Fisher prolly tryin to get outta that contract. Truth be told, this is the 1st decent draft in Tenn since 2000, and it's clear the front office and coach Fisher aren't on the same page anymore.

If Cower retires after this season, look for Fish to be high on the list to take his place.

TROLL . . . ish.

Giants/Eagles, I went to a sports bar to watch that horror. The Westbrrok fumble was huge. Give NY all the credit in the world. Besides, no one team is running away with that division, as it appeared the Eagles would do if they had won this game. Like we all agreed earlier, It's gonna be a dogfight til the end. Still, a stunning loss.

Falcons/Bucs, Yeah, the bucs could use a bye week, with papa Simms coming in town to renew his son's confidence, and his aproach. If not Gradkowski will be a starter soon, and Gradkowski is niiice with his skillz!

Great to see Vick running Vince Young's Texas option play all day long. He must have run for 80 yards on just that one play alone.

Bears score 60 points, and Grossman has thrown for 500 yards in the last 2 weeks. Me thinks Rex is healthy.

Vikings.. San Fran.. Where the hell did you guys come from?!!

TROLL . . . ish.

Yesterday was one of those rare days when you know, even before the late games start, that your team is the center of the football universe for a weekend. Petty cool.

I guess the game got some national play; many of you must have seen how thoroughly the Giants were dominated for the better part of three quarters. My friend and I were amazed and disgusted as the Giants humiliated themselves on both sides of the ball--blown coverages all day, 0 pressure from our vaunted ends, 0 running game, etc. When they scored on that freak Burress fumble, I just kind of laughed darkly. Then when Eli hit Toomer with that perfect strike, I started thinking that maybe we could steal it. The rest is Giants' history...and Eagles'.

Everyone knows the story of Herm Edwards and the Pisarcik to Csonka fumble, but there are other weird ones that stand out. How about, during the height of the Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham days, when the Eagles lined up to attempt a late game tying fg, which LT blocked behind the line of scrimmage, where an Eagle scooped it up and ran in for a game winning TD. How about the famous scramble by which Cunningham posterized Carl Banks for all time?

How about the game a few years ago when Tiki ran for 205 yds and fumbled 6 times? It was the last Sunday of the season, and the G-men needed the game for a wildcard birth, and won it when David friggin Akers of all people missed a chip shot at the end of regulation?

Every NFC East rivalry is fierce, esp now that the Cards are gone, but Giants-Eagles has always been fierce and...weird. Add another one to that tradition.

Speaking of Akers... WTF was that all about, the scrum on the sideline after the opening kickoff? David, you're a kicker, for gawd's sake. There's something comedic that happens when kickers get uppity, kind of like when a hockey goalie skates out to try and fight someone.

But dude... you're 5'10" and 200 pounds. Not a small man in general public, no. But picking a fight with a 6'4" 260 pound running back is a bad idea for anyone.

- Jeff

Posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

But dude... you're 5'10" and 200 pounds. Not a small man in general public, no. But picking a fight with a 6'4" 260 pound running back is a bad idea for anyone.

I could understand the Raiders Kicker Janikowski at least he's got some size. Maybe he was trying to fire up his team, I don't know. But I agree with you, very dumb.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I can understand it with Janikowski because a) he's eastern European ;) and b) he's on street drugs we don't even know the names of yet...

Speaking of the Akers thing, is Brandon Jacobs scary when he gets a little momentum going? Is there any linebacker or safety who really wants a piece of that?

Last the year the Giants used him exclusively, and idiotically, as a short yardage back, a job that Tiki, ironically, is much better suited for.

But lemmee tell you what, and I'm sure Antimatter is with me on this: 27 Jacobs is no Marshamallow like 27 Dayne. 27 Jacobs restores the dignity and toughness to the number worn by the great 27 Rodney Hampton. 27 Hampton was one of those classic RBs who averaged 4 yards a carry and almost never gained more than 5...gotta love that.

Well Jeff, look at it like this.. The Raiders weren't exactly playing the Cardinals or Rams the last 2 weeks.

They played 2 teams that have defense's nobody wants to see right now.

Look at your next 4 games after the bye, I'm sure brighter days will come as you get further into your schedule.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Well Jeff, look at it like this.. The Raiders weren't exactly playing the Cardinals or Rams the last 2 weeks.

I'm with ya, man.

Hey, look at the 2002 Steelers. After week four, they were 1-3, and went on to a 10-5-1 record and made the playoffs and won their wild card game.

The 2003 Eagles lost their first two games, and ended up 12-4 and made it to the NFC championship.

Not that I'm expecting anything of that nature with this year's Raiders, but stranger things, as they say, have happened.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I've turned off the game. I can't watch anymore.

I my have trouble watching football at all this year. I can't help but be a fan, and my team stinks. They're terrible. I may have to become a supporter of the Redondo High team, and watch high school games down the street. At least I know what to expect at that level.

- Jeff

Oh cry me a river, and try being a long term Cincinnati fan. :P

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Magpel:

27 Jacobs is no Marshamallow like 27 Dayne.

Amazingly Dayne was Houston's top runner yesterday- 11 carries for 37 yards. Mario Williams had 2 tackles. They gotta be kicking themselves. They could have even taken D'Brickashaw Ferguson and help save David Carr a concussion or two.

Back to Jacobs...

He runs like Tiki. If Tiki was 6'4" 270, he'd be Jacobs. :D

That was a crazy game. So many of those have gone the other way, it feels pretty dang good.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Will Big Ben play? Does it matter? Should be a good one either way.

Originally posted by steadyb:

BTW, tonight was one of the best low scoring football games I've ever seen.

Wasn't there a 5-2 game in recent years? I might actually be thinking of a Penn St. game.

Steelers will be fine this year. I think Jacksonville has a chance to be special.

I think Atlanta has a chance to be special, though I'm deeply in the habit of not taking them seriously.

Last nights game, what can you say..

Jacksonville played the perfect defensive game. The steelers never were able to match there intensity in the second half, and I really believe Big Ben wasn't yet ready to play.

Oh well, looks like the Indy/Jacksonville game just became more interesting!

TROLL . . . ish.

Archived