Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

KeyboardCorner Yahoo Pickum.

Group Name KeyboardCorner

Group ID#: 40754

Group Password bryce13

Maximum Teams 50

Confidence Points No

Spread No

Tiebreakers Yes

Start Week 1

Drop Scores No, use all weeks

Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the Thursday and Saturday games. You have to have your entries in by the start of the first game of the week, otherwise it won't let you make any entries. ( At least that's the way it was last year)

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by meccajay:

Of course I'm in too.. The more beat-downs I receive from you guys, the better it is for my character.. I guess.

In other news: Billy Volek may not even be a Titan by week 1 :confused::eek::wave:

I can NOT believe the Titans grabbed Kerry Collins. Did no one in their front office watch any Raiders games at all last year? Do they not have access to game films? Are they smoking crack?

I'm tellin' ya, Jay...start practicing the "draft pick" mantra now - it'll help you get through the year knowing you'll be picking early in next year's 1st round. ;):D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

I think a pickem pool is a great idea. Count me in. I was also considering doing one for some friends and the guys in my fantasy league as they expressed interest.

Personally I think it would be cool to have one with the keyboard forum guys. Maybe we need seperate thread for this?

Fellas, how is this different from the list of folks dB started compiling a few days ago?

I'm down, just thought there was something similar underway around here already.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'm tellin' ya, Jay start practicing the "draft pick" mantra now - it'll help you get through the year knowing you'll be picking early in next year's 1st round. dB

Thanks for the support, and good advice :thu: , but I cancelled my Titans subscription for the year after the Mac9 lockout..

Officially, I'm an Eagles fan , and a casual observer of The Titans & Ravens.

TROLL . . . ish.

Two different pools.

A survivor pool you have to pick a different team each week and they must win for you to move on.

A pickem pool is a year round pool where poeple try to pick the winners of all the games each week.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by ProfD:

Fellas, how is this different from the list of folks dB started compiling a few days ago?

The other thing about the Pick 'Em Pool is that you can keep playing it after you've been eliminated from the other one, which happens sooner or later to all but one of us. :thu:

- Jeff

Originally posted by RABid:

Group Name KeyboardCorner

Group ID#: 40754

Group Password bryce13

Maximum Teams 50

Confidence Points No

Spread No

Tiebreakers Yes

Start Week 1

Drop Scores No, use all weeks

I'm in.

Thanks for setting it up, Robert! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

NFL Bans Gary Glitter

I was wondering if that would happen. Interestingly, as the article points out, they'll still play Michael Jackson and R. Kelly.

What song would you like to hear as a celebratory touchdown song in your stadium? I'll have to give this some thought. Oh wait, I don't have a team in my city. Never mind.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

NFL Bans Gary Glitter

I was wondering if that would happen. Interestingly, as the article points out, they'll still play Michael Jackson and R. Kelly.

What song would you like to hear as a celebratory touchdown song in your stadium? I'll have to give this some thought. Oh wait, I don't have a team in my city. Never mind.

- Jeff

I think they are walking a fine line here. While I don't want any royalties to go to someone like that I have to wonder where it ends? Do they ban Sinatra songs next? He was no angel.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I mean, he won't actually get into a game, right? I can handle seeing him there on the sidelines, maybe. Just tell me he won't, like, play... right?

- Jeff

You don't have to worry about this anymore. They cut him yesterday. :thu:

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

You don't have to worry about this anymore. They cut him yesterday. :thu:

Yup, i read that. And as was suspected, he was only brought in when they weren't sure how bad Andrew Walter's shoulder injury was. As it turns out, it's fine, so Jeff is out.

However, some of the other roster cuts/changes were a surprise.

Earlier in the day, the Raiders traded starting wide receiver Doug Gabriel to New England for an undisclosed draft pick. Gabriel, a fifth-round pick in 2003, caught 37 passes for 554 yards and three touchdowns last season. He had just four receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown this preseason.

Oakland also cut veteran cornerback Duane Starks, linebackers Danny Clark, Ryan Riddle and Ricky Brown, defensive end Bryant McNeal, running back Rod Smart, fullback Zach Tuiasosopo, wide receivers Will Buchanon and Kevin McMahan, center Chris Morris, guard Kelvin Garmon, tackles Jabari Levey and William Obeng, defensive tackles Donnell Washington and Rashad Moore.

In addition, the Raiders placed tight end O.J. Santiago, wide receiver Carlos Francis, linebacker Darnell Bing and safety Alvin Nnabuife on injured reserve.

I'm pretty shocked that they got rid of Gabriel, and more so that they cut Danny Clark, who was defensive captain in '05.

- Jeff

In similar news, I just read that nine teams are starting the season with only two QBs.

Risky, very risky, especially if the one backup is an inexperienced guy. This just doesn't seem like a good plan to me. I could be wrong.

- Jeff

BUMP!

We have 12 guys signed up so far in the Pick 'Em Pool:

- Rabid

- Dave Bryce

- antimatter

- MidLifeCrisis

- JeffDaWeasel

- Geoff Grace

- SiLVeR DRaGoNZ

- steadyb

- Magpel

- jackpine

- Postman

- daBowsa

If anyone else wants in, get in while the gettin's good! Still over 48 hours until kickoff... plenty of time!

- Jeff

Postman, SiLVeR DRaGoNZ, and Rabid still need to get their picks in.

BTW, while I was still on 6666 posts, I put an evil curse on Jeff's picks for the season (except for week 1, due to a special "evil curse 7 day right of rescission" I was unaware of before I made the curse)

Archived