Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

]Dude, relax and have a beer.

(deep, cleansing breath... deep, cleansing breath... okay)

I mean, he won't actually get into a game, right? I can handle seeing him there on the sidelines, maybe. Just tell me he won't, like, play... right?

- Jeff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I mean, he won't actually get into a game, right? I can handle seeing him there on the sidelines, maybe. Just tell me he won't, like, play... right?

I had that same feeling about Chris Simms. Tampa only brought him in because he was Phil's son. They would never actually let him play, right?

And now here he is as our starting QB. :eek::mad::cry:

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Posted by Antinamtter:

Brett can still play though. Too bad he doesn't appear to have the cast to go further.

I do agree he can play but he needs to cut down on the mistakes. The no cause fumble in the first quarter seemed to turn the tide and give cincy momentum. Palmer looked better than I would have expected. Is Cincy this good or Green Bay that bad?

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Well, looks like I was wrong about Palmer, and I'm glad I was. They looked nasty last night. Palmer to "Who's ya mamma" is gonna be one for the record books by years end.

Me thinks there's something sinister and genius to all the Chad Johnson hype and the attention it causes amoung the other teams defense's.

TROLL . . . ish.

I had an opportunity to go to the Cardinals/Broncos game Thursday night as I was invited on Monday afternoon, I told him I would like to go but I get back to him in the early evening to let him know for sure. About 1/2 later my friend calls me and invites to the Arizona State/Northern Arizona game on Thursday night at the same time. I told him I would get back to him in the early evening.

So what am I going to do? Neither. I have a class I forgot starts this Thursday and goes until November. That means I will also miss the opening Thursday night game :mad::mad:

- Rush

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

I have a class I forgot starts this Thursday and goes until November. That means I will also miss the opening Thursday night game

Can you make it home by the 4th quarter? Or do you pretty much miss everything do to living in the Pacific time zone?

I feel for you west coasters, as it feels like an out of body experience to watch an NFL game at 10am on a Sunday. *yikes*

For me, there's a (EST)Sunday ritual that involves some eggy breakfast with a scan of the sunday paper, the sports reporters, then a quick nap followed by the last 30 mins of NFL Countdown..then football!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

I feel for you west coasters, as it feels like an out of body experience to watch an NFL game at 10am on a Sunday. *yikes*

It's funny... I see where you're coming from, but I actually feel the opposite. I love rolling out of bed on a Sunday, getting some coffee in me, and immediately watching the kickoff.

Of course, since I have a) a seven-year-old who often wants to do other things on Sunday mornings, and b) a business that doesn't care whether it's a weekend or not, I still consider it a luxury to be able to watch a full football game at any day or time.

- Jeff

Originally posted by kad:

Carson is BACK baby! WHO DEY!!!

Amen Brother Kad ,Can a brother get a WHO DEY !!!

As exciting as it is to have Carson back. The defense is starting to take on the look of the old Marvin Ravens. I feel sorry for any opposing lineman going up against Big Sam Adams. The big fella was in the backfield on his first step more than once. 360 lbs of run stoppage and attitude.

The other exciting thing is how deep the Bengals are all over position wise. Its a long season and injuries can kill a teams chances

The last thing I wanted to see was Steve Mcnair back in the division with the Ravens. Its going to be a war within the division with all 4 teams.

Originally posted by meccajay:

It's funny... I see where you're coming from, but I actually feel the opposite. I love rolling out of bed on a Sunday, getting some coffee in me, and immediately watching the kickoff.

As someone who grew up on the East Coast, let me just say that the West Coast sports schedule kicks the crap out of the East coast thing.

You wake up...you flip on the TV and watch the NFL Today while you're having a leisurely breakfast...watch the 10:00 and 1:00 games, snacking away....have an early dinner, and sit down to watch the evening game, which is over weeeeeellllll before you want to go to bed.

It just RuLeZ. :thu::cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

As someone who grew up on the East Coast, let me just say that the West Coast sports schedule kicks the crap out of the East coast thing.

You wake up...you flip on the TV and watch the NFL Today while you're having a leisurely breakfast...watch the 10:00 and 1:00 games, snacking away....have an early dinner, and sit down to watch the evening game, which is over weeeeeellllll before you want to go to bed.

Glad to hear this from an EC transplant. As I also wondered how folks on the WC felt about having to watch football in the morning.

Same deal with MNF. You all have to haul ass from work or wherever in order to see the kick-off at what...5 pm? :confused:

So, how is X-mas with no snow or cold weather? :P:D

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I love rolling out of bed on a Sunday, getting some coffee in me, and immediately watching the kickoff.

Jeff, I can see where the instant gratification from that would become addictive. Easily.

Ive only been a visitor out west once during footall season, and it was weird to me. I bet a lot of that probably stems from how weird live TV in general feels when you visit the west and don't have time to get used to the difference.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by ProfD:

Same deal with MNF. You all have to haul ass from work or wherever in order to see the kick-off at what...5 pm? :confused:

Try 6. I've already been home for while and eaten dinner at that point. :thu:

Here's the best part....you know that bit where you East Coast guys sometimes have to stay up 'til 12;30 or 1 AM to watch the end of a reeeeally close, reeeeaaallly exciting game, and then when it ends you're just way too jazzed to sleep?

You know how it feels the next day when you have to get up early and didn't get anywhere near enough sleep?

Please tell me...I forget... :P:D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I visited Florida one year during the season and I hated having the games on so late. I hated having to wait for football to start. Here on the west coast thew whole day is filled with football, then when it ends it's time for :bor:

I'm used to getting up and casually eating something and watching the game. Then eating lunch and watching the late games. The evening games are at night during dinner. I do think however that the whole football during dinner thing has a strong correlation with the divorce rate on the west coast :D

- Rush

East Coast guys sometimes have to stay up 'til 12;30 or 1 AM to watch the end of a reeeeally close, reeeeaaallly exciting game :P:D dB

At this age, that is not a problem. I don't know the final score of those games until the Early Show. :)

MNF games are scheduled to start at 8:30 pm EST. Yeah! :D

In PST, the kids will just be getting home from school, huh? :P

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

MNF games are scheduled to start at 8:30 pm EST. Yeah! :D

It actually makes for a kind of cool social scene for the office-bound folks who are football fans. You leave work on Monday and immediately truck over to a local sports bar with your buddies. Why bother going home?

The only caveat is that if something comes up at the office and you have to work late, you tend to miss the first quarter. :(

However, since I now work from my home, these issues are less important to me. Bring on the regular season, baby! :thu:

- Jeff

Glad to hear this from an EC transplant. As I also wondered how folks on the WC felt about having to watch football in the morning.

Don't you mean, how the feel about GETTING to watch football in the morning? ;)

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by RABid:

Don't you mean, how the feel about GETTING to watch football in the morning? ;)

Robert

RABid, true football fans HAVE to watch it. :D

PD

I think a pickem pool is a great idea. Count me in. I was also considering doing one for some friends and the guys in my fantasy league as they expressed interest.

Personally I think it would be cool to have one with the keyboard forum guys. Maybe we need seperate thread for this?

- Rush

I always enjoy the pickem pool.

Someone step up and set it up! I administered that one year and it was a giant pain in my ass. So, let it be a giant pain in someone else's ass! :D

I think using Yahoo like last time would be a good idea.

- Jeff

Archived