Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anybody know the book"total keyboard wizardry" from jordan dudess

how about this book,can u give me some idears?

or someone get the PDF version of this book,can u share it??

or some website to download the PDF version

I AM 23 YEARS OLD!AND I AM A CHRISTIAN!

I LEARN PLAYING OF KEYBOARD BY MYSELF!

BUT I WANNA BE A MUSICIAN!A MUSICIAN WHO WORK FOR GOD!

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

CAN U HELP ME-TEACH ME ANYWAY!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kindnis:

Kindnis,

As a Christian I would have thought you were aware of the "Ten Commandments", specifically Commandment # 8 -- "thou shalt not steal".

Did you forget that one, or have you been possessed by the devil?

If you want this book, you should BUY it.

Originally posted by Martin Hines:

Kindnis,

As a Christian I would have thought you were aware of the "Ten Commandments", specifically Commandment # 8 -- "thou shalt not steal".

Did you forget that one, or have you been possessed by the devil?

If you want this book, you should BUY it.

do u means get PDF version is stealing?

then do u use ur computer system WINDOWS XP which u purchase from MICDROSOFT??

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Originally posted by Bridog6996:

[QB] I'm thoroughly confused. What does using Windows from Microsoft have to do with pirating a book on technique?

I would assume that means this "Christian" has pirated his copy of Windows too.

NO, using a PDF version of a book is not stealing, provided you pay for it. The link I gave you is a way for you to get a real, paid for copy of the book.

A word of advice. Learn to type. It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say when the spelling and grammar are so bad. It makes you look like a dweeb.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Look here ... it's "Christians" like you that give us all a bad name!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

sorry for my bad english,i am a chinese,may all of u will buy books what are not copy version because u can buy them in some store near u,but i cant buy the book even through my whole country!

and may all of u will buy the WIDOWS system which are not copy,because u are rich or these things seem cheap to u!

but here, there is no one who will go to buy the WIDOWS with copyright.

some situations are different from us!

i am sorry if u think that i am bad one,may be i do am,but the real christians are not bad.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I'm so bad .... maybe I should go smack my mamma!

No THAT wouldn't be the "Christian" thing to do now would it.

I apologize if I offended you. Sometimes we in certain cultures don't understand the differences between ours and other cultures. For that I apologize.

Regarding stealing though ... stealing is stealing and there isn't a whole lot of grey area in between. I don't understand the political nature behind WHY you cannot buy a legitimate copy of Windows any more than I cannot understand why www.amazon.com won't/can't ship the book to your door in China. I mean after all ... we can ship our jobs overseas to China just find and dandy ... but yet you cannot buy American goods? What kind of fair trade agreement is that? I don't mean to be culturally stupid here but if you are caught stealing in the middle east they cut off your arm (here in the good old USA it's just a slap on the wrist). But stealing is still stealing or am I just full of crap?

Pardon the rant ... maybe we should take this over to the political forum.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Originally posted by Mr. Nightime:

[QB] NO, using a PDF version of a book is not stealing, provided you pay for it. The link I gave you is a way for you to get a real, paid for copy of the book.

The only legitimate versions of Jordan's book exist as print editions with CDs, published by Cherry Lane. A PDF version is by definition a scanned copy of the print edition, regardless of whether you or someone else bought it, and as such is illegitimate. Any sales of such a PDF do not benefit the author or publisher. That's theft.

but here, there is no one who will go to buy the WIDOWS with copyright.

some situations are different from us!

Personally, I wouldn't let Bill Gates hear that, but that's another story.

The bottom line, kindnis, is that it is better to go without than to steal. I think you will find this in any culture with any moral structure. Within a few years, China will be westernized enough that you will be able to buy it there without ordering it. From what I have seen, with celluar telephones and other items, China has changed a lot since I was last there. Give it some time and you will have what you want. Don't get the instant gratification syndrome that is destroying the world. :)

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

SG.

I was being facetious \fuh-SEE-shuhs\, adjective:

1. Given to jesting; playfully jocular.

2. Amusing; intended to be humorous; not serious.

;)

Don

Don

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Back to the BOOK...

Anybody know where "I" can "Purchase" a legit copy of the book with PayPal ???

I know I can signup to his conservatory w/ PayPal, and I may just do that, but the other part of his site, doesnt take paypal, any one seen it .??

thanks.

Kev

K-OZ

SG,

My mistake. My girfriend tell me all the time that reading my mind is a short story, so I externalized it a bit. ;)

Don

P.S. I met Mr. Gates in 1983 at a convention, he was hawking some new software called "DOS". Those of us using CP/M thought it was an attack on the sanctity of computing.....how right we were. :cry:

Don

Don

Originally posted by DallasPA:

Hmmm,

something just came to mind regarding this whole issue of author compensation. If I purchase a book or piece of music equipment used; the author or manufacturer still doesnt get compensated.

Hmmm

Dallas

They presumably got compensated for the original purchase. There's no law against the selling of personal items. Selling someone a book is no problem, but making numerous copies of that book and selling them (or distributing them freely) is obviously illegal.

Originally posted by Desert Rat:

SG,

My mistake. My girfriend tell me all the time that reading my mind is a short story, so I externalized it a bit. ;)

No worries, Don... my retort was a little short as well, as my better half was pestering me to take her shopping... ;)

P.S. I met Mr. Gates in 1983 at a convention, he was hawking some new software called "DOS". Those of us using CP/M thought it was an attack on the sanctity of computing.....how right we were. :cry:
I felt the same way as an OS/2 user a decade ago... :thu:

Cheers,

SG

It is perfectly legal to copy for educational or research purposes 10 per cent or one chapter, whichever is the lesser, of a book. And he is trying to teach himself keyboard, which comes under "educational". So if someone has Jordan's book you could certainly scan the first chapter and send it to our friend China if you felt so inclined.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Originally posted by Bridog6996:

Originally posted by DallasPA:

Hmmm,

something just came to mind regarding this whole issue of author compensation. If I purchase a book or piece of music equipment used; the author or manufacturer still doesnt get compensated.

Hmmm

Dallas

They presumably got compensated for the original purchase. There's no law against the selling of personal items. Selling someone a book is no problem, but making numerous copies of that book and selling them (or distributing them freely) is obviously illegal.
There has been a movement that I haven't heard much about lately, against the sale of used CDs and the shops that sell them. Garth Brooks was big on this. It was because of the loss of royalties from the resale.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think one of the arguments for being against the resale of CD's is there is no difference in sound quality (theoretically, of course) between a new CD and a used one. The difference between new and used vinyl, as well as tape, is that the medium experiences wear and tear. With no discernable difference of quality on CD's, there's no incentive for a buyer to purchase a new product compared to a used product. Back in the late eighties, the resale of used CD's was big...MUCH bigger than the resale of vinyl et. al. And it caught the attention of the record companies. You can imagine their attitude...But much of that talk has pretty much gone by the wayside, especially since sharing MP3's hit!

Regarding .PDF's, some publishers include a PDF copy of their publication with an accompanied CD. (Or at least used; I don't know that many of them are doing that as much these days. And I'm not suggesting that Total Keyboard Wizardry does, because it doesn't. I bought mine from Amazon some months ago & know firsthand!) These .PDF's themselves aren't illegal, but they are subject to the same restrictions and protections as any other elctronic publication. So "sharing" the .pdf is just as illegal as making one up yourself and "sharing" it.

Check out my band's site at:

The Key Components!