Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM MEETING: The "no-sell" zone

Dave Bryce

Excellent dB!! :thu:

That would sure make things less confusing. I had no idea that these several forum members discussed in this thread were linked to the Music Biz Industry. Making them (requesting that they conform) to give their company affiliated Sig. when mentioning or pushing their company's products is a great way to lay their intent out in the open for all eyes to see and judge accordingly.

Btw, I am in NO way linked to the Music Industry Biz. I am self-employed and my work doesn't deal with the Music Industry one iota. But if I know of a product that would in any way be beneficial to my fellow Keyboardists or Musicians in general, on a given occasion, i.e. - when it applies to a Forum member's particular circumstance - I sometimes will post a link to that product as simply a kind gesture in wanting to help somebody out and resolve his or her issue that they are requesting about or experiencing.

I hope postings such as that are not considered offensive to anyone. They are simply intended to benefit and help out the person, not to push a product.

If they ARE considered "out of line", I will cease from posting them. I have no profit to gain or lose from them either way. :)

OTOH, members that are related to the Music Biz Industry should be made known to other members, because they ARE pushing a product or product and they DO seek to profit from it, at the expensive of their fellow members - their supposed keyboard buddies ;) , who are mainly "interested" in making music and sharing their interest and knowledge of Keyboards with others of like interest; not in hyping or selling anything. I don't really mind them pushing their products as long as I'm aware of who the source is first that is pushing the product. I then have the opportuntity to avoid them at all costs :D or click on the URL link, or otherwise investigate their Company's product and their claims they make about their Company's products. They shouldn't do it stealthily though. That leads to deception when you think about it. --

Are you my friend or are you here only for the sole purpose of extracting money out of me? :rolleyes:

As long as we know "from whence we are being spammed"... uh, I mean... "pushed" ;) , we can take it in that light and from that perspective, and act or judge accordingly. :thu:

Mike

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh boy, a name tag is all it takes to determine who your real friends are. Why didn't I think of that.

this is beginning to remind me of the sunday school roundup. Am I alone here? I am?! Shucks.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Geoff: If my kids ever used "Gee" and "Swell" in their vocabulary, I'd be really worried. Its a good thing I don't HAVE any kids. :)

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by bearded yeti:

Why don't you tell us who you are? How about a name? The other MI guys all use their real names, why don't you? What do you have to hide?

You're kidding, right?

You know that proverb that begins "People in glass houses..."? ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

In case my Music Man quote above was too obscure, I was recalling the scene in which Professor Harold Hill walked into the peaceful River City town square and got the whole town riled up about something that they never had thought of as a problem before.

I think most people here didn't believe we had a problem, but lately it seems like we're pointing fingers at each other and getting upset.

We all contribute to the content and the vibe this forum has. Personally, I'd appreciate any effort to keep us on our normal kind and friendly track.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

We all contribute to the content and the vibe this forum has. Personally, I'd appreciate any effort to keep us on our normal kind and friendly track.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Geoff

Yeah, you would say that... but then again you use a Dual 2.5 G5 PowerMac. :P

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

As would I...

It seems to me that the issue raised in this forum meeting has been pretty well hashed out. I appreciate everyone taking the time to share their views.

Thanks!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived