Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM MEETING: The "no-sell" zone

Dave Bryce

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say only that we wouldn't want this to turn into a huge spam war on new stuff coming out!! Where the hell you draw the line gets pretty muddy though. I'd like to know about Korgs, Rolands new stuff, but not all of it and only keyboard related!

LAter

Smile if you're not wearin panties.

Ironically, from what I've read here, a lot of people around here don't even like the magazine or read it much if at all.
FWIW...I've been reading this forum since 2000 and have observed just the opposite...Keyboard Magazine has gained subscribers because of this forum and discussions about Keyboard Magazine articles are always popular here. I think not only the majority but most of the posters here are Keyboard Magazine subscribers/readers.

Dave, the reason this keeps going on forever is because it is like we are speaking two different languages. I really don't think you fully understand what I am saying. But, that's okay. You and I are both involved in the MI industry and both have different ways we benefit from the duality of being a musician and a representative from the industry hanging around on a forum. There can be arguments on this going for quite a while but it'd just get even uglier so I suggest we leave it at that.

I don't see anything wrong with your rules either with this being YOUR forum. I am not saying they should take it away from you either. That's up to them. But, I am saying that I'd like to see another forum then that has a a few different angles and not just the issue about this rule of who can and can't start a thread. I am thinking in terms of being more in line with the magazine and with more of their involvement that's all.

But, I've already talked to them about it. My guess is that I am not the only one who asked about this. So, we'll see what happens.

I do appreciate that you guys have turned the other thread around into a better direction for what its purpose was. I posted there what I had simply wanted to say. :rolleyes: But, if I participate in this forum I will follow the rules to accomodate to what you guys want from manufacturers. I'll wait until any of you bring it up and I am here to discuss anything I can if I can help you know more about products or musical events I have been involved in.

Enough said for me. I need to get some work done! Lol.

Originally posted by Squids:

Dave, the reason this keeps going on forever is because it is like we are speaking two different languages. I really don't think you fully understand what I am saying. But, that's okay. You and I are both involved in the MI industry and both have different ways we benefit from the duality of being a musician and a representative from the industry hanging around on a forum. There can be arguments on this going for quite a while but it'd just get even uglier so I suggest we leave it at that.

I agree.

I am saying that I'd like to see another forum then that has a a few different angles and not just the issue about this rule of who can and can't start a thread. I am thinking in terms of being more in line with the magazine and with more of their involvement that's all.
Understood.

I do appreciate that you guys have turned the other thread around into a better direction for what its purpose was. I posted there what I had simply wanted to say. :rolleyes: But, if I participate in this forum I will follow the rules to accomodate to what you guys want from manufacturers. I'll wait until any of you bring it up and I am here to discuss anything I can if I can help you know more about products or musical events I have been involved in.
Thank you.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

As someone who reads this forum regularly and rarely posts, because I find others here to be smarter than myself. I like things the way they are. I think Dave does a fine job keeping the riff raft away.

I see no need for manufacture, or store promo forums. It opens a Pandora's box that no one needs. Anyone with GAS will look at every web site on the globe to find the best price or to check out features of the products they are interested in.

I vote for no changes.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Well, there's really been a lot of feedback saying that people seem to like the forum as it is; and, since the main person who wanted the Manufacturer Product Announcement thread opened in the first place is actually unable to make use of it (as it turns out he is also acting as a retailer), I'm thinking of closing that thread if no one objects.

What say y'all? Anyone want me to keep it open? Going once...

dB

Originally posted by OutJet:

Locking threads confuses me, since we can avoid clicking on threads that don't interest us.

Well, a locked thread can still be clicked on and read - it just can't be posted in, so it definitely sinks into obscurity. I'm thinking that's probably a good thing...

Besides, many of these post contain great comedic value! :D
I'm with ya there. ;)

dB

Ah...the problems in a world given democratic opportunity...too many unaware of how best to use it, too many only in it for laughs, too many eager to manipulate the others for personal gain...

Dave B, thanks for giving the opportunity & thanks for pulling the plug when necessary.

:thu:

:thu:

Thanks Dave. We've been seeing some spamming by MI employees who don't feel it's necessary to let others know they work for a company, yet push products shamelessly.

May they bother us no longer. :thu:

I do have one other problem:

I'm a little tired of steadyb and his blatent mac/logic/garageband pushing. He disappeared for awhile, then came back when (surprise surprise) Logic 7 was announced. He replies to threads simply to push his products, and doesn't state that he is part of the company. I feel that he should be made to do so.

That's not what keyboard corner is about, is it?

I agree with that. I have no problem with a vendor visiting the site and participating, but they need to identify themselves as such. This forum is not here for them to "work". You can threaten them with a life time ban from this site if they don't cooperate.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by MikeT156:

I agree with that. I have no problem with a vendor visiting the site and participating, but they need to identify themselves as such. This forum is not here for them to "work". You can threaten them with a life time ban from this site if they don't cooperate.

Mike T.

Agreed. Apple/Emagic employees seem to think this is their own personal spamground.

Hey, Yeti,

Not trying to start something here, but if you review the Acid 5 thread, I think YOU are the one who fired the opening salvo with a negative statement that had nothing to do with Acid at all. At least Steadyb's comment, even though it mentioned Logic, reference the ubiquity of the format.

Please don't start stuff in the KC, OK? If it gets out of hand in your opinion, and you really sincerely want to not be a troll, why not PM Bryce instead of trying to call someone out here?

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by bearded yeti:

I do have one other problem:

Low IQ?

Yeti, you're a troll here at the KC, not a regular contributor.

Most of my posts are about basketball or humorous replies to one thing or another.

I also answer questions related to Apple/Emagic (and Alesis) if I can because I do (and did) work for them.

The regulars here already know that, and in fact have met me at several of the KC dinners.

I repeat, Yeti, you're a troll here at the KC, not a regular contributor.

Regular contributor huh? Funny how you disappeared for awhile, then came back when (surprise surprise) Logic 7 was announced. You reply to threads simply to push products, and don't state that you are part of the company. I feel that you should be made to do so. Ultimately, it's up to Dave.

I've replied here about other topics, and am not a troll. You may not be a troll, but you're a constant spammer. Even worse.

Archived